Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna Bet Pakistan will turn over Omar Saeed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna Bet Pakistan will turn over Omar Saeed?

Now Guppies, there are any number of patriotic Paks here talking about gloriuos Pak flowing with self respect.

And here is your Master asking for Omar Saeed.

I want a Yes or No for this question.
    Is Pakistan going to extradite Omar Saeed or NOt?

For your information, there is no extradition treaty between the two countries, though Pakistan regularly turns over people wanted by Amereeka

>>Pakistan has extradited suspects to the United States before, but the issue is complicated ó in part because there is no clear extradition treaty between Washington and Pakistan.

Chamberlin said she had discussed "rendering" Saeed to the United States ó avoiding the word "extradition," which is a more complicated legal procedure.

Fleischer said there was a 1931 extradition treaty signed between the United States and Britain's colonial administration in South Asia ó which included the region that became India and Pakistan after independence in 1947. He suggested that treaty might be applicable<<

A treaty signed before the creation of Pakistan is applicable to Pakistan!!!

Say what you will, I like the changing color of Gora Log !!
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...slain_reporter

By the way, Amreeka could well turn him over to their new Friends India after they are done with him you know

Pakistani can do anything on US Instructions...
    This country has just lost the self respect !!!
    wait and watch the game????

Comment

Mansur-ul-Haq was extradited by the US to Pakistan in the absence of a treaty.

Presence of a treaty doesnt always mean everyone will be turned over, and the absence of one doesnt mean noone will ever be handed over.

Andhra, you need a life, seriously

Comment

Akif Bhai,
        I will worry about my life, seriously!!

However you gotta admit it is a real BIG Danada your master Amreeka has.
        I can just see all Pak Officials doing sommersaults, turning over Omar

Comment

What did that have to do with the thread again? America is a superpower, whos denying that? And yes, America has used its superpower status to manipulate the whole world, not just Pakistan.

And US did not manipulate India, but I remember India offering to be manipulated by
          offering their 'addas'. So who would be more submissive? one who gets forced into it? or one who submits even without being forced?

So lets not get ridiculous here.

There has been a long standing US request to extradite Omar in the 94 kidnapping case. So this request is nothing new

[This message has been edited by Akif (edited February 26, 2002).]

Comment

Actually I read in the NYTimes today that there is an extradition treaty that was signed in 1934 between the British India and USA. That treaty is still valid and USA is going to invoke that.

In terms of your bet, Andhra, you know how to bet on a winning horse. In fact, Pakistani Government has given into a lot demands of the US in these crises. Some of them good for Pakistan, others not so good. My personal liking will be that Pakistan comes out unharmed out of this mess. Pakistani people are suffering because of the action of a very small minority that unfortunately has infiltrated our better institutions. And I donít mean the ISI by that.

Comment

NYA - You are right about that treaty - I think it was 1932 treaty. But one thing I dont understand how can that treaty be still valid because it was done by the British and not by India/Pakistan ?

Also, It has also been learnt that Pakistan is unwilling to turn Omar in to US because they are afraid of him spilling the truth about his connections with the ISI.

Akif, Did it ever occur to you that it was India which manipulated Pakistan by offering its Bases .
              About Omar being sought since 1994 sure - If that makes you happy
              ------------------
              AK

[This message has been edited by Asif_k (edited February 26, 2002).]

Comment

Asif K..thatís a valid point, but if both Pakistan and USA can come to some kind of agreement, it wont be due to the treaty. It has happened before. Pakistan has extradited many to the US, and US has done the same in a few cases as well. In terms of Omar spilling the beans, man you ve got to be kidding. CIA knows more about the activities of the ISI than President Musharraff does. CIA created ISI for using it to gain a hand in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. I donít think that there is any question about the ISI renegades who might have assisted Omar in his dirty deeds, but he knows only about the activities where he was involved. To me it appears that he was used by the ISI, and here he thinks that he is the smartass. He has got to be the biggest idiot to placing trust with an outfit such as the ISI.

Comment

It appears from this thread (and similar past thread) that virtually all Bharatis and non-resident Pakistanis know the ISI inside out. Just wondering aren't their operations supposed to be secret and some other stuff like condfidential. Perhaps that's why they are an intelligence agency.

Man, people say that Sep 11 was a conspiracy by Jews and blah blah. If those people are f**ing morons, then what about those that know who in the ISI slept/drank/ate/terrorized/killed with who?

Comment

Sambrialian, good point, but its only the News that is suggesting that there was a link, a former ISI guy (who is now in some Karachi law and order agency) provided a lot of support (technical and non-technical) to Omar, and Omar is said to have admitted that (news story). Shouldnít that be some indication of the complicity. Intelligence does not necessarily mean done intelligently. ISI is an intelligence agency staffed by dumb azholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Asif_k:
                      Akif, Did it ever occur to you that it was India which manipulated Pakistan by offering its Bases .
                      huh? from what I know, India still lands losing billions a month in a worthless standoff, when it doesnt even have the guts to move an inch forward. I'll give you one thing. They havent blown themselves up in quite a few days. Other than that, Pakistan made its decision long before India 'manipulated' us, as you claim, so pat your back all you want.

About Omar being sought since 1994 sure - If that makes you happy

From the NYTimes
                      "Mr. Sheikh was secretly indicted last November in the United States for his role in another kidnapping, the 1994 abduction in India of four Westerners, including an American.

It was on the basis of that secret indictment that American officials began in November to ask Pakistan to arrest him."

The 1934 treaty cannot be invoked, since it was signed with India. Pakistan was not existent at that point. Besides, there have been other extraditions between the two countries, and the 1934 rag has never been quoted in those, so why the need to bring it up now? Its just a media blooper being floated around, otherwise it has no weight whatsoever. They are not dealing with Britain. They are dealing with Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by Akif (edited February 26, 2002).]

Comment

And all this talk of ISI coming out of india has gotten just plain stupid now. I bet half of india doesnt even know what ISI stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                          And all this talk of ISI coming out of india has gotten just plain stupid now. I bet half of india doesnt even know what ISI stands for.
                          Well Half of India deosnt even knwo what Pakistan is???so whats your point???

Comment

Originally posted by andha_qanoon:
                            Well Half of India deosnt even knwo what Pakistan is???so whats your point???
                            To hell with India...

Andha, you still think that the ISI was behind that monkey man attacks in New Delhi?

Prison extradition is something that merely stregthens the bonds between two countries. Since these bonds b/w Pakistan and the US are strengthening, its no surprise why India is resorting to its babbling again...

Now you're saying we lost our self-respect when we helped the US against the Taliban? There was a time when you were begging us to stop Talibans support, so how do you term this as a loss of self-respect? You should term it as the best thing that ever happened to you.

What good will keeping Omar Saeed in Pakistan do? Handing him over will show the extremists that the Pakistani Government means business when it says it will put a permanent end to extremism.

Comment

pakistan is surely going to hand over omar shaikh there are pimps all over pakistan

Comment

Working...
                              X