Do you want democracy in Pakistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want democracy in Pakistan?

Knowing the mentality of ppl in Pakistan, and desi ppl in general do you think that we should have a democracy in which there are no bounds on those elected by the people.

My answer is...
    Democracy is inherently flawed. A population unbound by external restrictions and with limited intellect and guidance will surely make the wrong decision.

What is the solution....
    I dont know....

Originally posted by Topee Wala:
    Knowing the mentality of ppl in Pakistan, and desi ppl in general do you think that we should have a democracy in which there are no bounds on those elected by the people.

My answer is...
    Democracy is inherently flawed. A population unbound by external restrictions and with limited intellect and guidance will surely make the wrong decision.

What is the solution....
    I dont know....
    Some quotes on
    DEMOCRACY

1.The Art of manipulating the Ignorant masses.

2.Democracy is an idealists dream where every individual is supposed to posses same faculties and opportunities.

3.Pseudo-Intellectual Ignoramuses.

4.Germs of Secularism and Democracy has been implanted by western influences.

5.Successful in whipping up lynch mobs.

6.Borrowed ideologies deriding religious beliefs.

7.The most racist societies clamour for Secularism- not a co-incidence.

8.Pseudo intellectuals get carried away by slogans of ‘Democracy’ and ‘Secularism’ without understanding its ramifications.

Comment

i think the question should be: can we have democracy in pak? if yes then how?

------------------
      I dunno where I'm going. I dunno what for. But I'm making progress.
      I don't know where I am going. I don't know what for but I am making progress.

Comment

Some more quotes on Democracy:

It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own."
        Herbert Clark HOOVER
        31st President of the United States (1874-1964)

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."
        Thomas JEFFERSON
        3rd US President (1743-1826)

"As a rule, dictatorships guarantee safe streets and terror of the doorbell. In democracy the streets may be unsafe after dark, but the most likely visitor in the early hours will be the milkman."
        Adam MICHNIK

"Democracy is good. I say this because other systems are worse."
        Jawaharlal NEHRU
        Indian statesman (1889-1964)

"Intellectual freedom is the only guarantee of a scientific - democratic approach to politics, economic development, and culture."
        Andrei Dmitrievich SAKHAROV
        Soviet nuclear physicist and human-rights advocate (1921-1989)

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
        Adlai Ewing STEVENSON
        Vice President of the United States (1835–1914)

"The best weapon of a dictatorship is secrecy; the best weapon of a democracy is openness."
        Edvard TELLER
        American physicist, b. Hungary (1908-)

Despotism does not cease to be despotism because it is elective. Nor does despotism become agreeable because the Despots belong to our own kindred. To make it subject to election is no guarantee against despotism. The real guarentee against despotism is to confront it with the possibility of its dethronement, of its being laid low, of its being superseeded by a rival party."
        Bhimrao Ramji AMBEDKAR
        Indian statesman and social reformer (1891-1956)

"When a nation's government becomes more fearful of its citizens' rights than protective of them, that nation's future is only despotism and extinction."
        ANONYMOUS

"Freedom is when the people can speak, democracy is when the government listens."
        Alastair FARRUGIA

Comment

Originally posted by heart beat:

well said !!!!! ha ha

Comment

May Peace, Blessings and Glad Tidings be upon those who follow divine guidance

Some more 'quotes' perhaps worth bearing in mind...

"And whosoever does not judge by what Allāh has revealed, such are the Kāfirūn" [TMQ 5:44]

"And whosoever does not judge by what Allāh has revealed, such are the Zālimūn" [TMQ 5:45]

"And whosoever does not judge by what Allāh has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fāsiqūn" [TMQ 5:47]

Comment

OK Godfather I get your point how about a Khilafa in Pakistan only latter we can expand khilafas powers east, west, north and south.

Comment

It's not my point, its Allah point which He, the exalted, makes in the Noble Quran. Allah has told you that those who judge by other than what he has revealed is either a fasiq, kafir or zalimun.

So now you tell me, what would you like to judge by? Man made laws and man made systems, or by Allah's laws and Allah's system?

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather:
                  It's not my point, its Allah point which He, the exalted, makes in the Noble Quran. Allah has told you that those who judge by other than what he has revealed is either a fasiq, kafir or zalimun.

So now you tell me, what would you like to judge by? Man made laws and man made systems, or by Allah's laws and Allah's system?

If judged by Allahs law I will be whipped, my hands chopped off my head chopped off my weapon chopped off and latter DNA proves Abdali was a good boy all along. Now you tell me given the error of judgement would it be unfair for Abdali to save his body parts.

Comment

Is this a trick question? Ofcourse we want democracy in Pakistan... The question is, do we still have leaders that deserve our votes...

Comment

Do we want democracy? Looking at not just the next 5 years, but the next fifty, do we have a choice? Of course we need democracy in Pak! It's hardly perfect now, but it will evolve, like any system.

It's not like dictators have solved anything.
                      They have been even worse than the politcians.

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited July 11, 2002).]

Comment

you may have to keep electing corrupt leaders one day you may get it right.
                        in india we never send our corrupt politicians to jail or exile we survive.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                          But you send them to narag.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                            you burn and loot muslims instead

Comment

Originally posted by heart beat:

Yes, by keeping army, corrupt leaders, mullahs out, by electing hard working educated and honest people to public offices. What do you think?

All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Comment

Working...
                              X