Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nawaz to quit as PML chief. BB should do the same.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nawaz to quit as PML chief. BB should do the same.

It will be great if both of these people leave their parties for good, and let new leadership take over the two major political parties in the country.
    http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/today/main/top3.htm

From Shahzad Raza
    ISLAMABAD – PML (N) President Nawaz Sharif has decided to step down from the party presidentship.
    A special meeting of party’s General Council has been summoned by the end of month to elect a new president and other office-bearers who are facing disqualification under different laws.
    The chairman of the party Raja Zafarul Haq and acting president Javed Hashmi are the two possible alternates of the outgoing president.
    The Nation has learnt that Mian Shahbaz Sharif, may also be appointed as party president.
    When contacted, Secretary Information of PML (N), Muhammad Siddiqueul Farooque, confirmed that Nawaz Sharif has agreed to step down from the post.
    “We have decided to accept the challenge of PPO 2002. And in protest will make all required changes in our party constitution and will also hold elections at every required level.”
    “Since we want to frustrate the designs of the government, which wishes to keep PML(N) out of the politics. We are doing it in protest because we don’t consider PPO as an objective order in accordance with the letter and spirit of the constitution,” he added.
    He said the meetings of General Council and Central Working Committee (CWC) have been convened in the last week of the current month to elect the new office-bearers, under the PPO, 2002.
    “All those measures are being taken on the directions of Nawaz Sharif and under the guidance of Raja Zafarul Haq,” he said, adding Sharif will remain leader of the Pakistan Muslim League and beloved leader of the people of Pakistan.
    To a question he said that PML (N) would soon surprise its opponents by devising an excellent election strategy.
    All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Raja Zafarul Haq should not be made the president. I happen to know him from the time he used to ride in a scooter and he is a very corrupt and incompetent politician. He was elected in the provincial seat in Pindi and did absolutely nothing for the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
      He was elected in the provincial seat in Pindi and did absolutely nothing for the city.
      Spock, that's what they all do. Nothing.
      What do you expect from the crooks?

All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Comment

GREAT NEWS

TERAY BINA DIL NAH LAGAY...PAKISTAN

Comment

Originally posted by Shamraz Khan:
          Spock, that's what they all do. Nothing.
          What do you expect from the crooks?

Shamraz, actually some MNAs were pretty good. We are old residents of Rawalpindi, and everyone who contests from here usually carries out a massive campaign in which they visit each house. Shiekh Rashid (PML) (who is a class fellow of my dad), Naheed Khan (PPP) (our neighbour), Raja Shahid Zafar (PPP)(also my dads class fellow), Agha Riaz-ul-Islam (PPP)... Amongst them, Sh Rashid, Naheed Khan, Shahid Zafar actually improved the city considerably. In the last PML government, an impossible task of widening the Murree Road was also carried out. But this guy Zafarul Haq is just a one way plunderer.

Comment

What do you mean, by the term Raja Zafrulhaq is a one way plunderer? I think that he is a reasonable and decent person. Could you clarify your comment, please?

Comment

Zaavia, he used to live near my house, and I have seen him from the time he used to ride on a scooter, and now has lots and lots of land cruisers with a big 'kothi' in Islamabad. He also has his 'badmaash' people to do his dirty work and his son also happens to be the biggest badmash of them all. He also uses filthy language in his 'jalsaas' in the 96 elections to describe Benazir, which shows what a low life he is. Typical PML goon, his head was so far stuck up Sharifs rear, you couldnt tell where he starts and sharif ends.

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited July 12, 2002).]

Comment

Zaavia, he used to live near my house, and I have seen him from the time he used to ride on a scooter, and now has lots and lots of land cruisers with a big 'kothi' in Islamabad. He also has his 'badmaash' people to do his dirty work and his son also happens to be the biggest badmash of them all. He also uses filthy language in his 'jalsaas' in the 96 elections to describe Benazir, which shows what a low life he is. Typical PML goon, his head was so far stuck up Sharifs rear, you couldnt tell where he starts and sharif ends.

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited July 12, 2002).]
                Spock, actually I have studied with his son, when I was in an Engineering College in Pakistan. He was quite an intelligent guy, and also quite down to earth, which could easily give an idea that his upbringing was good.

[This message has been edited by zaavia (edited July 12, 2002).]

Comment

Ganja is getting off too easy, before he leaves I want to know where are the dollars..

Comment

Zaavia, the man is filth, even worse than Nawaz and Shahbaz. If he becomes the head of the PML, the PML is history, so its kinda good for us.

Comment

Zaavia, the man is filth, even worse than Nawaz and Shahbaz. If he becomes the head of the PML, the PML is history, so its kinda good for us.
                      Yes, Good for PPP

TERAY BINA DIL NAH LAGAY...PAKISTAN

Comment

Working...
                      X