Jinnah's prophesy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jinnah's prophesy?

Cowasjee ends his column this week with the following statement. Does anyone know Pakistan's history well enough to say whether this is correct or not, and if it is then what was the context of the statement.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    http://www.dawn.com/weekly/cowas/cowas.htm

How well acquainted with the mettle of his coreligionists was Jinnah when he prophesied, over half a century ago, that each government of Pakistan will be worse than its predecessor.

I don't think there is any chance Pak Govt could end this since Tribes and Pancyaat don't follow Pakistani Laws.

I'm surprised Pak Govt. able to captured culprits within two days. I wish my best to the Govt. to make Laws strict than ever that no one could ever dare to do this kind of shameful act again in the history of Pakistan.

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT ME

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
      I don't think there is any chance Pak Govt could end this since Tribes and Pancyaat don't follow Pakistani Laws.

I'm surprised Pak Govt. able to captured culprits within two days. I wish my best to the Govt. to make Laws strict than ever that no one could ever dare to do this kind of shameful act again in the history of Pakistan.

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT ME
      I hope you are right. I posted the above because I am really interested to know why Quaid made the statement and in what context. It is a very damning statement.

Comment

OL, I don't know the exact instance when this statement was made if it was made at all. I would be a bit skeptical of these historical statements because a lot of stuff has been associated with the great man which remotely does not have anything to do with the truth.

However, I remember reading a book about the history of the Muslim League starting before the partition and ending somewhere after Pakistan's birth. According to it, Jinnah did not think too highly of his subordinates in terms of intellect and integrity to name two criteria. Also the me-myself-and-I syndrome was just about to set in in the political "elite" of Pakistan. A lot of people resented the Quaid's work ethic and what he expected of his fellow goverment workers. So, it would not be too far fetched to imagine the Quaid say these words.

Comment

Originally posted by OldLahori:
          Cowasjee ends his column this week with the following statement. Does anyone know Pakistan's history well enough to say whether this is correct or not, and if it is then what was the context of the statement.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          http://www.dawn.com/weekly/cowas/cowas.htm

How well acquainted with the mettle of his coreligionists was Jinnah when he prophesied, over half a century ago, that each government of Pakistan will be worse than its predecessor.
          Probably because he realized after independence what we have as pakistan and how we became fool by Britishers.when he calculated future Govt. after Liaquat Ali Khan,all he could see were Traitors or(Feudals) Dogs left over from British Viceroy.He anticipated Knowing about how these Low life Feudals were able to sell there fellow Muslims Freedom and Lives for peice of Land,now that they have land they will fight for Power and their greed for personal wealth will lead them to sell this country in terms of Loan over Loans.
          God Bless Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by Jahanzaib (edited July 07, 2002).]

Comment

Yeah, I think if quaid knew anyone, it was the Muslim leaders of the time.. I suppose he felt that if he couldnt put Pakistan on the right path (after all, it was his vision), then no one could.

Comment

Working...
            X