Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this???? People are out of mind !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this???? People are out of mind !!!

Imam held for inciting mob against American-born Pakistani

poor ABCD didnt know power of mulla

http://rediff.com/news/2002/jul/08pak.htm

K J M Varma in Islamabad

An Islamic cleric and two others have been arrested in Pakistan's Punjab province for inciting a mob to kill a US navy engineer of Pakistani origin accusing him of blasphemy.

The Jaranwala police on Sunday arrested the Imam of a local mosque and two others for instigating villagers to kill Faraz Jawed, who objected to anti-US remarks by the Imam in his Friday sermon, the daily Dawn reported on Monday.

The incident comes close on the heels of stoning to death on Thursday of a 40-year-old man, Zahid Shah, for making blasphemous remarks in a neighbouring village.

Police have registered a case against 300 people in this connection. As Hafiz Abdul Latif began delivering his lecture cursing Pakistan government and the US, 30-year-old Jawed told the cleric to confine himself to Islamic teachings, the daily reported.

"Instead of blaming America, you should better tell us Islamic teachings," Jawed reportedly told the Imam.

The Imam apparently did not take kindly to it and asked the people gathered to kill Jawed.

"He is also an American and an enemy of Muslims", he declared inciting the crowd to attack, the newspaper said.

Jawed, however, managed to escape and hid in his relative's house. The crowd followed him to the house, on a directive from the Imam. The relatives managed to inform the police who rushed to the site and dispersed the mob, the daily said.

[This message has been edited by andha_qanoon (edited July 08, 2002).]

i doubt if the time he spends in the prison would change his stereotyped thinking but would probably only make him think twice before passing a similar verdict again or will set a good example for others to follow.

i don't know why the mullahs become so offensive when somebody *disagrees* with them. is it insecurity? or something else?

cases like these happen only in developing areas where ppl out of their *simplicity* consider the mullahs word as the final word and mullahs ofcourse take advantage of that.

[This message has been edited by heart beat (edited July 08, 2002).]
    I don't know where I am going. I don't know what for but I am making progress.

Comment

what else do you expect when anyone can decide anytime to become an Imam? there needs to be more education with people being required to pass a certain level before they can set up shop. But we have a system where any tom dick or harry..errr saleem, aslam or mushtaq can set up a masjid and declare themselves some sort of authority and scholar right away.

the victim in question learnt a lesson the hard way, i.e. understand your surroundings before saying something no matter how right you are.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudz: I didn't know it was that easy to become an imam.

thanks for the info. i have some travel plans to make.

Comment

I dont know how disagree with some idiot mullahs political view is Blasphemy? I think the Mullah himself is commiting blasphemy. Its like saying what ever oppinion he (the mullah) abides by is holy and therefore diagreeing is tantamount to blasphemy. I bet this logic will have him hanged if used against him in court.

Comment

I can bet this Mullah was influenced by Wahabi teachings. I once told a story here that if you disagree with Mullahs in Pakistan, they will kill you, but as usual Wahabi Mullahs on gupshup started calling me a lier.

Comment

what do you want to bet? maybe he was influenced by barelwi teachings..maybe he was influenced by his own lack of knowledge.

Now you must go interview this dude and find out what his motivation was.

khali khooli bet say kya banta hai
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mir of Hunza:
                I can bet this Mullah was influenced by Wahabi teachings. I once told a story here that if you disagree with Mullahs in Pakistan, they will kill you, but as usual Wahabi Mullahs on gupshup started calling me a lier.
                sssoooo were u able to interview him?? we all really want to know what influenced him to pass such a verdict.

------------------
                I dunno where I'm going. I dunno what for. But I'm making progress.

Comment

Mullah arrested for sodomising 2 Taliban
                  (Updated at 1815 PST)
                  MULTAN: A teacher of seminary has been arrested here on charges of sexually assaulting two of his teenage students, police said Monday.

Ahmed Bakhsh, 32, had systematically abused his pupils who feared more torture from the teacher if they complained, Abdul Mannan Qureshi, an official of this Punjab provincial district said.

The two boys aged 13 and 14 complained to their parents, who then called in the police, Qureshi said.

The religious teacher will be charged under Islamic Sharia law and could face up to 10 years in jail, he added.

Mullah jee aawe hi aawe.

Comment

did it say taleban or did it say 2 kids? and you noted them as taleban?

Comment

Mir of Hunza,
                      you also might want to interview the afore mentioned mullah who got arrested and ask him as to what led him to commit such a heinous crime..

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by heart beat:
                        Mir of Hunza,
                        you also might want to interview the afore mentioned mullah who got arrested and ask him as to what led him to commit such a heinous crime..

dont get too close though..

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                          did it say taleban or did it say 2 kids? and you noted them as taleban?

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/jul20.../update.htm#12

Its says Taliban. Now that you pointed it out I am laughing my ass off. oops. Just mention of it might force some Mullahs astray.

Comment

Talib = Relegious student,right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                              dont get too close though..

ditto.. veryy good advice.. plzz keep that in mind before u take off for ur mission impossible... now we don't want to see u in the news

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X