Ayub Khan and the border tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayub Khan and the border tale

While I was doing my Pak. Studies O levels, I frequently found questions in the past papers pertaining to the most effective ruler of Paksitan in your view. In my preparations for the exam I had to think of a leader to write about. I went for Ayub Khan, who was a hero according to my family and also my teacher.

But researching on his policies and leadership, I came across a footnote in a book by Gul Shahzad sarwar which quoted an incident in which Ayub Khan was assigned border duties during the time of partition ad he had to make sure that the immigrants arriving in the newly-created state were able to do so safely. But Ayub Khan got drunk which resulted in a massacre, mayhem and loot of the immigrants, an act in which Ayub Khan was actively involved.

On showing this to my teacher, he blasted out that it was nothing but a concocted story, probably due to some grudge against military rulers blah blah. He maintains that the General was not only a wise ruler but a pleasant personality, too. But I dont think such a concocted story can make its way in to a Board prescribed school book.

Can anyone of you shed light on this incident?

------------------
    Get Back to Where you Once Belonged!

Beatle_ki_wapsi,

Please read some of my posts regarding his ruling or ruining Pakistan. I do not want to further disappoint you by telling what you have read about him is correct. I have also heard that he was involved in raping of muhhajir girls/women living temporarily in camps who came from India in 1947-48. Please confirm this from neutral sources.

A good book about his 'kartoot' is written by Rao Rashid under name 'Jo main ne dekha'. Read it and change your project title opposite to what you are suggesting.

Sincerely,
    FARID

Comment

I heard this I heard that....please....rubbish...

Comment

Originally posted by Bhadsha:
        I heard this I heard that....please....rubbish...

Comment

Working...
        X