Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How must we "Pakistani's" curb coruption in our country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How must we "Pakistani's" curb coruption in our country?

I want to hear from everyone. What is the main cause of coruption? Where has Pakistan gone wrong? What can ordinary Pakistani's do to eliminate this mennace?

------------------
    Shafiq

Corruption happens in pakistan if you look what is the main reasons?

Police take bribes why is it, because how much they get paid a month 4-5000 rupees what can they buy with that nothing they can not even afford to send there children to school with that.

The reason you will see corruption is because people are poor and recive minimal wages. If you pay a policeman adequate salary why would he need to ask for bribes.

The system also breeds corruption why is that because it is the capitalist system and capitalism is what, look after yourself forget everyone else get as much as you can even if others suffer so what. Thats why you had nawaz sharif the theif and benazhir the looter stealing as much as they can for themselves there friends and there families. Because they just implementing capitalism i.e look after themselves!

So even if you had the most islamic person who is cleaner than clean and put him in the current system will he change the system or will the system change him? So you can see the whole system needs a radical change not one person removed and replaced with another it is the system that is the problem.

Comment

I could not agree more with AK47.

We have had our fair share of corupt politicians.

One of my college lecturers once said "In a field of potatoes, the biggest potoatoe will be their leader and in a field of water mellons the biggest and sweetest will be the leader. Likewise in a country full of corupt people the only man whom will lead them will be the biggest liar and theif". It is virtually impossible for an honest man to rule Pakistan.

I sometimes think may be Pres. Musharaf is an honest man because people working in the government offices are un-easy. You see they don't like him because their little crooked games are coming to an end. They cannot steal from their departments as openly as they used to.

My belief is that Pres. Musharaf should be given a chance and the people of Pakistan must be honest with themselves first and then with others.

Comment

Originally posted by MShafiq:
        I could not agree more with AK47.

We have had our fair share of corupt politicians.

One of my college lecturers once said "In a field of potatoes, the biggest potoatoe will be their leader and in a field of water mellons the biggest and sweetest will be the leader. Likewise in a country full of corupt people the only man whom will lead them will be the biggest liar and theif". It is virtually impossible for an honest man to rule Pakistan.

I sometimes think may be Pres. Musharaf is an honest man because people working in the government offices are un-easy. You see they don't like him because their little crooked games are coming to an end. They cannot steal from their departments as openly as they used to.

My belief is that Pres. Musharaf should be given a chance and the people of Pakistan must be honest with themselves first and then with others.
        Good logic dude!

Comment

I don't know where to start my reply.anyway Problem is not in Capitalism or secularism or any ...ism.Problem is in us.I had heard many incidents where business man don't wanna pay lets suppose 10 rupees Duty at port but he wanna bribe 8 rupees to cutom officer.well he is eager to have 8 rupees in his pocket and soon it becomes his habit.When Leaders and Govt. Officials like to have houses abroad where they can sustain their lavish life style what else we expect from lower end of govt. machinery.people with education leaving Pakistan like they were mistakenly born here.then they are expecting miracle,things don't change by itself.Lack of education in administration in one cause of it.I often argue with my brother about one issue,"i say people are wrong and he say leaders are wrong".his statement is"if leaders are good and honest they can change the nation" and i say people produce leaders if they are honest we can have honest leaders.right now we as a nation don't have any patriotism in us.i don't know any country where corruption doesn't exist,but its all about priorities........ most of the corrupt or less corrupt nation don't put national interest and human rights for sale.but we are doing it.

God Bless Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by Jahanzaib (edited July 02, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by ak47:
            Corruption happens in pakistan if you look what is the main reasons?

Police take bribes why is it, because how much they get paid a month 4-5000 rupees what can they buy with that nothing they can not even afford to send there children to school with that.

The reason you will see corruption is because people are poor and recive minimal wages. If you pay a policeman adequate salary why would he need to ask for bribes.

The system also breeds corruption why is that because it is the capitalist system and capitalism is what, look after yourself forget everyone else get as much as you can even if others suffer so what. Thats why you had nawaz sharif the theif and benazhir the looter stealing as much as they can for themselves there friends and there families. Because they just implementing capitalism i.e look after themselves!

So even if you had the most islamic person who is cleaner than clean and put him in the current system will he change the system or will the system change him? So you can see the whole system needs a radical change not one person removed and replaced with another it is the system that is the problem.
            People only join the policeforce to earn haram money, not because of the salary. Its only corrupt people who seek employment there thats why the police have such a bad reputation. 4-5000 a month is more than many others educated people earn.

I dont agree with you that poverty has to do with the corruption in Pakistan. Its not the poor people who are corrupt but the better ofs.
            To be employed in the policeforce you have to pay a large amount before you start and poor people cant afford that.

Does an upbringing on food which is bought by haram money make you a decent person ?

[This message has been edited by ZII (edited July 02, 2002).]

Comment

zII

with cost of a kilogram of meat would be 120 rupees, and chicken about 100 rupees.

A 5 kg bag of flour, the staple diet for millions, costs about 97 rupees and would not last a family the whole month.

Add to this the cost of transport to and from work, where petrol prices are always going up.

Add to this the cost of educating children in a country where the government provides little or no education at all.

Add to this the cost of healthcare in a country where the government provides little or none

Add to that a General Sales Tax of at least 15% on every morsel of food that his family consumes.

Is it any wonder that such people take bribes and are willing to be corrupt, when their income does not even provide the basic necessities of life?

Who made these people corrupt Ė did they leave the wombs of their mothers in this corrupt state?

No, it was the General who enforced the GST that made the people like this.

No, it was the economic policy that sells the resources of an entire nation to the foreigner that made the people corrupt.

No, it was the capitalist system that encouraged politicians to loot the country and fill their pockets rather than care for the affairs of an entire nation.

No, it was the rulers who have been dependent on the West ever since so-called independence.

So donít say the people of Pakistan are destroyed Ė rather they have been made corrupt by the corrupt, Kufr system enforced upon them for the last fifty something years

Itís not the people of Pakistan who have looted its resources through their corruption, but rather the foreign colonialist nations who have shackled an entire nation and generations to come in debt by subjugation to the orders of the IMF and the World Bank.

Itís not the people of Pakistan who live and die for sectarianism Ė but rather the corrupt capitalist system that encourages pluralism and with it encourages the existence of different movements based on sect, tribe and provincial allegiances over and above the bond of the Islamic Aqeedah.

Comment

I'd say the logic dished out by Saif is absolutely wrong.

IMO, corruption is THE biggest problem which is eating the vitals of India, Pakistan and other south Asian nations. The basic reason is the judicial system is extremely poor, the law enforcing authority is lax. People who engage in malpractises know they can get away with it. So they freely engage in corruption and like poverty, it is a vicious cycle too. When the guilty knows he won't be punished even if caught, he freely engages in loot.

In fact most of the affluent people of the society are the epitomes of corruption. Nawaz Sharief, Benazir Bhutto or the officers of Pindi GHQ are not stung with poverty. Similarly all the scams exposed in India from defence to financial mess have been traced to rich politicians, bureaucrats and other higher ups.

I've seen much more honesty and morality amongst the so-called have-nots.

Comment

If Pakistan is to get rid of corruption....first line up all the police and shoot them..then grab the politicians and shoot them....hehe...seriously....I think our corruption can be traced back to the way Pak was created.... the rulers considred and were above the law...they misused power...then gradually there was trickle down process and everyone starting becoming corrupt....and now people actually belive it is there haq to get rishwat.... I

Comment

Saif,

There is some logic in what you have stated but it is not entirely true. We were given independence in 1947 and have had more than enough years to develop and change our systems and nation but have we?

Let me give you an example, I was involved as a planning consultant in Pakistan in 1993-94. Our project manager an englishman asked for A4 paper, as we were working for the army a captain came through and handed the PM porfolio size paper. The PM got angry and said what the f*** is this captain. I asked for A4 not bloody portfolio. The captian was quite witty and immediately responded by saying "why are you getting upset Mr. Hyde, it is you english whom gave us this bloody portfolio size paper before our independence, and are using your methods and systems". The PM responded captain you've had 50 odd years to correct and update your systems, your telling me you are still using the same size paper.

What I am trying to get accross is that, yes I agree the whole world is out there trying to screw us third world countries but we have intelligence and God has gifted us with a brain too. Why must we always use excuses, why must we get into a situation where we need loans and help. The basic truth is we have become used to this concept of getting aid and our leaders have lived loo long on the haram derived from it.

The job that I worked on was a highway linking Rawalpindi to Kharian. It started off in 1993 and should have taken approx. 5 years to complete with a total cost of some 3 arab rupees. I left Pakistan in 1996 and we had not completed 30% of the work. The cost of the job doubled and tripled. WHY?

Comment

Working...
                    X