X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spock
    replied
    Originally posted by Abdali:
    And who do you think is Johny Walker????
    oops, my bad, sorry boss!!

Leave a comment:

• ArjunMahavir
    replied
    Originally posted by MShafiq:
    How many people think we (muslims) are united?

First of some disclosure: I am not a Muslim so take the following opinion of mine in that vein (in that I cannot be expected to know and understand the subtelities of that religion, heck not even all facets and focus of that religion).

Why should the Muslims of the world be expected to be united? For that matter, why should the Christians of the world or the Hindu's of the world be united?

Pocket book will override in many cases, two families being united, forget countries!

The majority of Muslims in the US for example are culturally, ethnically and philosophically COMPLETELY different from Muslims in Pakistan or the Arabs! So how can they be united?

I agree that Islam has spread at a phenominal pace across continents in the past few centuries. But that does not translate to a unity of any sort.

For people to unite either cultural, ethnic or philosophic alignment is a necessity. Religion (any religion, not just Islam) is insufficient. Or there has to be a common perception of a common threat (example: British rule of India, Hitler, Bin Laden etc).

If you then try and impose Isalm as not only a religion that people practice but also as the determinant of their cultural and philosphic meter, suddenly you find one or more of following consequences:

* ugly facet of ethnic differences then surface and you end up with problems not dissililar to Sunni vs Shia or Arab vs non or Ahmedi kind of castes and classes

* and if in order to suppress even these differences you delve even further and start banning all differences in practice and behavior of the various ethnic groups you end up with legislating the most restrictive interpretation of the religion - aka Taleban form of Islam.

I am sure you wouldn't profess that because that is the inevitable consequence of such extremist thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Abdali
    replied
    Originally posted by Spock:
    Godfather, suppose if there were to be a khalifah .
    And who do you think is Johny Walker????

Leave a comment:

• Spock
    replied
    According to him a single person would run the affairs of all these Islamic countries, and he would run them in a way that no devoted single leader could do so...

Very humurous indeed... Godfather, suppose if there were to be a khalifah (a virtually impossible) idea... Who would it be? osama?? hehe Now dont just say 'the best man amongst us' as everyone nowadays claims to be the best...

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited July 02, 2002).]

Leave a comment:

• ArjunMahavir
    replied
    Godfather wrote this:
    "The Musilms yearn for unity once again. How glorious it would be that if today we were able to open discussions on the army of the Khilafah liberating the land of Al-Quds under the leadership of the Amir of Jihad. Or if we were able to discuss the Khilafah liberating Al-Hind from the darkness of kufr by launching simultaneous attacks from her bases in Kashmir and Bangladesh. How wonderful it would be if we were able to note today that because the Caliph looked after the affairs of the people so well that there was no one deserving of the zakat in all of Africa. How glorious would it be if we were to discuss today how the Navy of Khilafah had arrived at the ports of Boston and were openly inviting the people of America to the Haqq."

Before I laugh will you explain a few things to me:

1. How do you know that attacking India will not be a sin? Al Hind indeed!

2. Why do you want to impose Islam on every country? Why wouldn't you just let people practice their own choice of religion?

3. The last time a belligerent navy came to Boston harbor, there was one great tea party if you read recent history. WHy do wish that fate on your own imaginary navy?

4. Finally, what has Muslim unity to do with invading India and the US? What's the connection?

Leave a comment:

• Mir of Hunza
    replied
    Muslims are united in their support of intolerant and despotic dictatorships.

Leave a comment:

• Pakistani Tiger
    replied
    THE GODFATHER

I agreed at what you have said

BUT

I don't like to see Pakistan drifting apart while Arabs enjoying first class life

Tough one!

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT ME

Leave a comment:

• rvikz
    replied
    mulism are not united. either they fight
    sombody if they stop fighting somebody
    they start fighting among themselves.
    it has nothing to do with islam.
    islam and muslims are two separate issues.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Assalam u Alaikum brother Shafiq and to the other Muslims,

you are right to note that the Muslim world currently lies in ruins. Our lands are divided and the Muslims of this Ummah of Mohammed (saw) find themselves propagating sick thoughts such as nationalism, freedom and capitalism. You are right again to note that the Muslims feel a bond between themselves. Indeed it is Allah, the almighty, who has decreed in the glorious Quran;

“The believers are nothing else than brothers” [TMQ 49:10].

Undoubtedly what has taken place in Afghanistan, Palestine, Chechnya, Bosnia, Iraq, Kashmir, Gujrat, Libya affects our brothers and sisters. Our fathers have been humiliated, our mothers disrespected and the honour of our sisters taken.

Some Muslims today carry a sick mentality of nationalism or tribalism. Despite what Allah, the exalted, has stated. So we see some individuals calling for Pakistan first then Islam whilst others would call for Arab nationalism first and then Islam. Indeed, what they fail to recognise is that it was the kuffar who saw the strength that came from the Muslims unity. As a result it was these kaffireen who established borders in our lands to divide us. Whilst promoting further and further division amongst the Muslims it is they who are the ones to recognise that strength lies in unity and consequently we see the union of states which makes up America and, more recently, the European Union. The west has achieved this through her Aqeedah of Kufr and yet the Muslim lands remain divided and segmented despite us possessing the deen of Haqq.

Allah (subhana wa ta ala) has described you with His words (to the nearest meaning:

“You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin the Good (ma'roof) and forbid the Evil (munkar), and you believe in Allah...” [TMQ 3:110]

However, we have seen the lions of this Ummah roar, time and time again. We have seen the Ummah reject the corruption of her rulers when they sold their souls to the west and made unholy alliances as partners of Bush and America in the so called War on 'Terror'.

The Musilms yearn for unity once again. How glorious it would be that if today we were able to open discussions on the army of the Khilafah liberating the land of Al-Quds under the leadership of the Amir of Jihad. Or if we were able to discuss the Khilafah liberating Al-Hind from the darkness of kufr by launching simultaneous attacks from her bases in Kashmir and Bangladesh. How wonderful it would be if we were able to note today that because the Caliph looked after the affairs of the people so well that there was no one deserving of the zakat in all of Africa. How glorious would it be if we were to discuss today how the Navy of Khilafah had arrived at the ports of Boston and were openly inviting the people of America to the Haqq.

Brother Shafiq, wouldn't you rather be discussing these issues? But today we are not able to, because today these are not the facts. Today the facts are that Muslim blood is cheap and there is no shield to safe guard her interests. Today whilst you and I turn our faces toward Makkah and prostrate before our Rubb, the Muslim rulers will be doing the same...only they will be facing Washington. This is their reality. This is the batil which they uphold, and the kufr which they propagate.

Allah, the exalted, said (to the nearest meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth.” [TMQ 60:1].

The only way to achieve the unity of the Muslims is through re-establishing the Khilafah which will unite the Ummah on the basis of the Islamic Aqeedah. Its sincere Islamic leadership will safeguard the interests of the Muslims, will protect her honour and restore her dignity. It will make decisions on the basis of the Hukm Shariah rather than on what benefits the west.

Allah (swt) says:

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the rope of Allah, and do not be divided.” [TMQ 3:103].

Leave a comment:

• Pakistani Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Spock:
    I agree... Just imagine if they were united though...
    If they were, Muslims would be kicking American butt!

Leave a comment:

• Spock
    replied
    Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
    Are muslims united around the globe?

It's a painful truth!

Answer is NO!

I agree... Just imagine if they were united though...

Leave a comment:

• Pakistani Tiger
    replied
    Are muslims united around the globe?

It's a painful truth!

Answer is NO!

Leave a comment:

• MShafiq
    replied
    You are quite right, the majority of muslims do feel for each other but we don't see any positive action. The West was initially reluctant to retaliate in Afganistan but when they saw that the muslim leaders had sold off their dignity and respect they raided the entire country. America wanted to see how the Islamic governments would react over this issue and they succeeded in their test. Israel has completely fu**** the Palestinian homeland and what did Saudi, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, UAE, Iran & Irag do. Nothing they retaliated independantly seeking to cool their respective nations because that is what their orders were.

May God give us muslims the courage to be united and to embrace ueducation and share technological resources.

Leave a comment:

• ak47
    replied
    rvkiz

what do you mean i did'nt understand your post. Can you explain more.

Leave a comment:

• rvikz
    replied
    only islamic country that worth mentioning
    is pakistan at present. even that may
    be lost if pakistan does not end its confrontation with india and preserve itself for the sake of islam.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited July 02, 2002).]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X