Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 killed In Wedding ceremony............?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 killed In Wedding ceremony............?

Nwfp(peshawar) acording to early reports, At this happy and joyful occasion some guest were using heavy weapons and on of the mortar went off to wrong Direction and Killing that person who was firing it and 21 people around him including Groom.what a shame?will these people ever knock some sense in their heads or they wanna spend another century or 2 wiping their butt with stones and firing in wedding and then killing innocents.My condolence to 21 innocent lives and to Bride and Groom families.

Good God!

Who are these people who fire MORTARS to celebrate a wedding?

What next. Drive off bride and groom in a Tank?

Comment

Pathan bhai hain na... The use of fire arms in weddings is very common in them...

Their habits really amaze me... In weddings, they would have a male only function sayings its unislamic for women to join, and what do they do in this function, call 'tawaifs' and let them dance all night, throwing money at them and doing other shameful things... Yahaan par Islam un ka khatam ho jaata hai...

Comment

Read the part in the bold...

PESHAWAR: A wedding feast turned into carnage in tribal zone on Saturday when celebratory gun-firing by guests accidentally killed 22 people including the bridegroom, local officials said.

Tribal guests were "joyously" firing heavy weapons into the air in a traditional act of celebration when a mortar which had been loaded the wrong way back-fired, killing the man who fired it and guests around him, local administrator Fakhar-ud-Din told a news agency.

The mortar had been loaded "upside-down", he said.

The dead included 14 children, women, and the 22-year-old bridegroom, hospital staff in the district of Kohat said.

More than 40 guests were also wounded in the accident in the village of Kraz in the North West Frontier Province's Orak Zai tribal territory, some 130 kilometres (78 miles) south-west of the main western city of Peshawar.

The wounded were being treated at a government hospital in Kohat.

reminds me how the pathan bhais, in 1965 started firing at fighter planes, and ended up damaging our own jet'

Comment

dont go to pathan weddings unless they build
          a bunker for guests.
          do regular pakistanis pick fight with pathans?

Comment

Spock yara, your coming off as a bit racist.

True, guns are a part of Pashtun culture and this was a needless accident but its not fair to criticize entire groups of people.

------------------
            The eyelids of a Rajputs eyes are lowered only in death.

Comment

Refrain from blatant personal attacks. Consider this your first and last warning

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited June 22, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by RajputFury:
                Spock yara, your coming off as a bit racist.

True, guns are a part of Pashtun culture and this was a needless accident but its not fair to criticize entire groups of people.

No yar, im not being racist, Im simply pointing out their practices... I mean whats the point of using MORTARS in wedding? Such malpractices and stupid traditions must be put an end too... The poor bride groom died on the wedding day, isnt that shameful, along with 20+ people!!!

Comment

Guard of Honor?

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                    Pathan bhai hain na... The use of fire arms in weddings is very common in them...

Their habits really amaze me... In weddings, they would have a male only function sayings its unislamic for women to join, and what do they do in this function, call 'tawaifs' and let them dance all night, throwing money at them and doing other shameful things... Yahaan par Islam un ka khatam ho jaata hai...
                    Spock yaara, maybe the Pathans use guns a bit too much.

But the rest of practices are rife in practically all families that employ haram methods to get their bread and butter. I've heard about many such incidents. Especially sad if you think about it because they are celebrating a holy union in perhaps the worst manner possible.

Comment

man that sucks when these stupid plp will get any sense.

Khudi ko kar baland itna Ki har taqdeer sey pehley
                      Khuda bandey ko khud poocchey Bata, 'Teri raza kya hai?

Comment

pathans are very fierce and miliant, war is part of their culture. unfortunately, the tribal areas dont have laws against heavy weaponry falling into the hands of those w/o adequate training

------------------
                        Better to die 1000 times in glory than live without honor-Louis VI

Comment

I find several comments posted on this thread as racist and sweeping generalisations based on little knowledge of a Pashtun Culture(first point, we are called pashtuns or pakhtuns, not pathans)

2nd Pashtuns do not use guns in every wedding, anymore then all Punjabis eat Paan.

3rd DO NOT generalise a community on the basis of a single incident.

I think moderators should not allow comments which aggravate feelings of illwill.
                          How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Zakk:
                            I find several comments posted on this thread as racist and sweeping generalisations based on little knowledge of a Pashtun Culture(first point, we are called pashtuns or pakhtuns, not pathans)

2nd Pashtuns do not use guns in every wedding, anymore then all Punjabis eat Paan.

3rd DO NOT generalise a community on the basis of a single incident.

I think moderators should not allow comments which aggravate feelings of illwill.
                            Are you kidding, using firearms and weapons is very common in all their weddings... I am not being racist here, but using mortars cannot be justified just because 'its part of our culture'... There are malpractices in the society and they should be rooted out, and this is one such practice... I mean the guy was firing the mortar upside down, and ended up killing 20+ ppl, what more lessons will they need to learn...

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited June 25, 2002).]

Comment

The use of the Word "they" and the tone of some of the posts made on this thread do imply racist undertones, and NO all pashtuns do not use weapons in their marraiges, no person in my family did or in my friends. While it does happen, and it is a wrong thing to do, don't generalise and don't imply.
                              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Working...
                              X