IMF designed budget to suppress the Pakistani economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMF designed budget to suppress the Pakistani economy

The Pakistani government has conceded to International Monetary Fund (IMF) demands to impose crippling taxes on the Pakistani economy, on the pretext of loan repayments. After talks with the Pakistani government well before the budget, the IMF declared, "On the fiscal side, a significant improvement in tax revenue remains a key challenge...This will require the further reduction of tax exemptions, subsidies..." (IMF News Brief No. 02/25, 27 March). As a direct response to IMF demands, the budget announced increased targets for direct and indirect taxes, as well as more levies on petrol. The government even hides the IMF's exploitation by spreading tax increases throughout the year. Before the present budget the government implemented the General Sales Tax (GST) on medicine. And after the recent budget, the government will announce a full levy of GST on electricity, as agreed by the Finance Minister with the IMF on 12 March.

The West knows well that Pakistan has one of the greatest economic potentials in the world. By demanding more and more taxes, the IMF ensures that Pakistan cannot develop an independent economy and so must remain economically enslaved to the West. Pakistan's industry is handicapped by the increased prices of gas, electricity and petrol. And Pakistani agriculture is badly hit by more expensive seeds, pesticides and urea. Meanwhile, ordinary Pakistanis will continue to suffer because of the increased prices of essential goods such as medicine, ghee and edible oils.

The Khilafah will end the hegemony of Western institutions and allow Pakistan's economy to reach its true potential.

Originally posted by The Godfather:
    The Khilafah will end the hegemony of Western institutions and allow Pakistan's economy to reach its true potential.
    So I guess your Khalifah would be a briliant expert in Economics from an ivy league college eh?

And as for your Khalifah, dont tell me the people of Pakistan are jumping out of their pants to nominate a Khalifah... We already have problems which we want to solve, rather than entangling ourselves with more...

"The Khalifah will allow Pakistan to reach its true potential" -> Yeah right... Like we, the people of Pakistan need his permission to do so...

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited June 22, 2002).]

Comment

Spock,

It was decided few posts back that Abdali will be the 1st Khilafah of this century. Khilafah Johny Walker....

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
        Spock,

It was decided few posts back that Abdali will be the 1st Khilafah of this century. Khilafah Johny Walker....
        Then can I be the Khalifas 1st assistant in looting? heh

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
          Then can I be the Khalifas 1st assistant in looting? heh

You will be Khilafah Johny Walkers ameer of topless bars

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
            You will be Khilafah Johny Walkers ameer of topless bars
            Even better, I agree wholeheartedly... Oh, is there some position left for the godfather?

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
              Even better, I agree wholeheartedly... Oh, is there some position left for the godfather?

God Father will be Khilafah Johny Walkers ameer of promoting Khilafat at GS

Comment

Working...
              X