Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to improve our relationship with Russia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to improve our relationship with Russia?

Well I have been thinking on this for a long time. I think Pakistan should improve the relationships with Russia. It was Russia, who wanted to establish cordial relationship with Pakistan after our independence, but instead our leaders went towards the Americans. We have had enough of that already, in 1971, there were promises of a naval fleet for our rescue, in 1979 they needed us, and after their interests were fulfilled completely ignored. So much so, after we conducted our nuclear tests in 1998, sanctions were imposed. Now again, after 11 September, they needed us, we helped them, and now after 7-8 months they are ditching us again. I dont say that we should, completely finish off our relationships with the United States, but we should improve our relationships with our neighbours China and Russia. Our relationship with china is already cordial, the need of the hour is to improve our relationships with Russia. As both communist Russia and china have proven to be sincere friends instead of Americans who are fair weather friends.

What do guys say about that?

Well, I dont like Russians much, they are staunch India supporters. But, Pakistan needs all the friends it can get soo...
    The times call for strange bed fellows.

Comment

These days India is tied to Israel... This is a great oppurtunity to improve relations with the Russians, even though our Government would never do so, but I think the Russians would be happy to see better relations with us...

Comment

Adnan, we should move out from our Indian obsession. Isnt the Indian relations with US better as compared to us? I think we should not bank on the US much, coz they have never helped us in time of need, on the other hand China and Russia have always proven to be sincere to their respective friends. We should not look at this, that the Indo-Russian relationship is good, but for Pakistan's own advantage, we should look towards China and Russia.

Comment

Zaavia, Adnan, Spock and other Pakistanis

Check this:

Pak-Russia To Expand Coop. In oil And Gas sectors
          http://paknews.com/business.php?id=1&date1=2002-05-26

Pak To Seek $2b Stuck Up Export Receipts From Russia
          http://paknews.com/business.php?id=2&date1=2002-06-09

SOURCE: ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE IN PAK

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
            Zaavia, Adnan, Spock and other Pakistanis

Check this:

Pak-Russia To Expand Coop. In oil And Gas sectors
            http://paknews.com/business.php?id=1&date1=2002-05-26

Pak To Seek $2b Stuck Up Export Receipts From Russia
            http://paknews.com/business.php?id=2&date1=2002-06-09

SOURCE: ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE IN PAK

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN

yeh cheez!!!
            Good work PT

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited June 12, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
              yeah cheez!!!
              Good work PT

Any time dear

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN

Comment

Thanks PT...its time we started looking eastwards...instead of the west...and i guess our governments have also realized that now!

Comment

Originally posted by zaavia:
                  Thanks PT...its time we started looking eastwards...instead of the west...and i guess our governments have also realized that now!
                  You bet

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT ME

Comment

Guys, just some food for thought ....... whats wrong in trying to improve our relationship with India.

I mean I gotta be outta my mind thinking or suggesting this but it is possible .... though a very long shot.

Yes definitely Russia would be a better ally than US, no doubt. In general values greatly differ between east to west and so do trust and relationships.

------------------
                    Its our Wits that make us MEN .... 'Braveheart'

Comment

Originally posted by LooksCanKill:
                      Guys, just some food for thought ....... whats wrong in trying to improve our relationship with India.
                      Pakistan always tired to make it better. India has always denied FACTS

How the hell relations between Pakistan and India would become where Vajapayee doesn't even wanna talk with Musharraf?

Got any ideas?

LIVE & LET LIVE

Comment

I certainly dont, but here in USA we desi's all smile together .... wish it could be the same.

But for the moment its better to keep them at bay ...

------------------
                        Its our Wits that make us MEN .... 'Braveheart'

Comment

Originally posted by LooksCanKill:
                          I certainly dont, but here in USA we desi's all smile together .... wish it could be the same.

But for the moment its better to keep them at bay ...

You missed my point! I was talking about relationships between the leaders of two countries.

Here, in Los Angeles, I, sometimes go out with few of my Indian friends, who are new in the U.S

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN

Comment

What kind of good relations do you guys want with India? Advani is already suggesting a confederation!

Comment

I think it would be good idea to go out and take a page from the Indian playbook of friendly relations with all countries. Having China, Russia support will indeed be beneficial but we should make sure relations with the US don't turn altogether sour. Lets leave the door open peopl! Next time good ol' Uncle Sam needs Pakistans help lets take them to the bank BEFORE supporting them.

Pakistan First and Foremost

------------------
                              The eyelids of a Rajputs eyes are lowered only in death.

Comment

Working...
                              X