NA soldiers tortured and raped Pakistani and Arab Taliban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NA soldiers tortured and raped Pakistani and Arab Taliban

Iqbal Khattak says Pakistani prisoners released from Afghan prisons tell tales of horror

The two groups of Pakistani Taliban that arrived in Peshawar in April and May, respectively, following diplomatic efforts by the government to secure their release from Afghan prisons, are being grilled by intelligence agencies to ensure that none of them belongs to Bin Laden’s al Qaeda.

The 206 Pakistanis that have so far been released were captured by the Northern Alliance troops after the fall of the Taliban militia and, according to reports by international agencies as well as the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, were badly beaten up and tortured by their Afghan captors.

But while they are out of Afghan prisons, they aren’t out of trouble. Most are being kept and interrogated extensively at Peshawar’s Central Jail while those who are ill are being treated at the city’s Lady Reading Hospital. “We want to ensure that there are no al Qaeda men among them,” an intelligence official told TFT.

The first batch of these prisoners, which arrived on April 25, comprised 30 Pakistanis. The next, bigger batch of 176 arrived on May 11. All of them were taken straight to Central Jail for interrogation by a Joint Interrogation Team, which includes the ISI, the IB, the MI and police’s Special Branch.

A JIT official told TFT so far there is no indication that anyone among these prisoners is linked to al Qaeda. “Most of them are young and uneducated and rural boys, not even well versed with Islamic teachings,” he said.

The JIT has also asked the concerned police stations in the places of residence of these prisoners to furnish details of any past criminal record. “We want to see if we are dealing here with any criminals or trouble-makers or even religious and sectarian extremists,” the official said.

The prisoners belong to the NWFP, the Punjab and Karachi. Most of them, according to available information, were instigated by local clerics to rise and join the jihad against the Americans after Washington decided to attack Afghanistan to flush out Osama Bin Laden and oust the hardline Taliban regime.

Last month a fact-finding mission of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) visited the Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar to meet with the wounded pro-Taliban prisoners. The HRCP report following the visit speaks of the horrors these ill-fated Pakistanis faced during detention in Afghanistan.

The HRCP team interviewed over a dozen prisoners in May. Sajjad, 18, from Gujranwala told the team that he went to Afghanistan to join the “jihad”. But the experience proved a disaster.He was captured and went through a six-month ordeal at the hands of the pro-India Northern Alliance.

“Three other friends,” he told the HRCP team, “also accompanied me to Afghanistan.” He said that the other two were killed. Giving details of his background before going to Afghanistan, Sajjad said he used to go regularly to a mosque to offer prayers. “The cleric of that mosque always tried to motivate me to join jihad,” he said confirming earlier reports that the Taliban used Pakistan-based groups and religious parties to seek fighters. Most other prisoners had a similar story to tell, the common strand being that they were instigated by clerics to wage jihad against the infidels.

The HRCP team found that most of the hospitalized prisoners were extremely weak. They were tortured and kept without food and water for long hours by the Northern Alliance warlords. “One prisoner was so weak physically that he could hardly speak for a few minutes,” one of the team members told TFT. He added: “They [Pakistani prisoners] were only given a piece of bread or a little bit of rice in 24 hours by their captors and were regularly beaten by NA soldiers. Quite a few are also suffering from consumption, a disease common in Afghanistan while others have developed respiratory problems, or are suffering from diarrhea, stool and urine problems and allergies like itching and fungal infections.

Yousaf, a resident of Buner district in Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province, told the team: “The ulema instigated me to join the jihad in Afghanistan.” He said the Uzbek soldiers were inhuman and they treated their prisoners as war criminals. “After we were arrested, they put about 300 of us in a container. Most died because of suffocation,” he told the HRCP team.

Amin Shah, a first-year student from Karachi, said he and 11 of his friends went to Afghanistan to fight the holy war against the Americans. “We even met the Amir-ul-Momineen [a reference to Taliban supreme leader Mullah Muhammad Omar]. We operated with the al Qaeda and they treated us very well,” the HRCP report quoted Mr Shah as saying. Another prisoner testified that General Dostum’s soldiers were very harsh towards the Arabs. “…The Arabs’ heads were cut off in front of the soldiers,” Israr, a resident of Peshawar, says of the barbaric treatment of prisoners by the Uzbek soldiers.

Muhammad Fahim of Nowshera district in the Frontier province urged the HRCP team to protest the inhuman treatment of Pakistani prisoners by their Uzbek captors. “The (Uzbek) soldiers abused young boys sexually. They forcibly stripped and raped them,” he told the HRCP team

Sources: The Friday Times

plz i request the mods to keep this thread in pak affairs as it is linked to pakistan.

Heee heee...
    This is their reward for fighting a Jihad in Afghanistan.

Comment

Absolutely atrocious!! They should haul all those charismatic emotionally charged speakers who talked these youngesters to go get themselves killed and abandoned like this, and lock them in jail and throw the keys away!! They will undeniably mislead more youngesters.

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
        Heee heee...
        yes this is thr reward .shahada .the ultimate sacrifice made by all those who stood like a rock in front of your so called m/f american race .they are blessed with the most cleanest of all deaths we call it shaheed we call it mujahid u call it murdar u call it warriors of terror.and what ever happened to them they will be repaid in janna.
        adnan ahmed i tried to make peace with you but u dont seem to understand dude.if u dont feel good dont just waste ur time here .keep ur moronic replies to yourselves dont post in my threads.
        i suggest u go view these pictures and try to get it through ur mind ok .stop all ur bs ur writting .and take it as a warning.
        http://talibanonline.tk/

Comment

Heee heee...
          for u all the true soldiers are pakistanis. right.

Comment

Originally posted by fakeer:
            for u all the true soldiers are pakistanis. right.
            Jeez yaar.. Relax..
            I was only joking..sorry
            I understand your point. In no way can anyone condone this, and those NA guys will get whats coming to them either in this life or the next. Them plus the idiots who convinced these kids to go to Afghanistan in the first place. I dont want to seem insensitive, but these naive kids just got involved in somthing they shouldn't have.
            Still, here is a question, and please dont blow your top and start fuming at me.
            If this was really a Jihad, and god was truly on the side of these Taliban and Pakistani "mujahids," would he have allowed for this to happen to them?
            My oppinion is that god wasn't on their side, and this was sorta like devine retribution. Its unfortunate that these kids had to get involved in somthing like this.
            But they are lucky they were allowed to return to their homes alive, with little more than sore butts, and bad dreams.

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited June 09, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by fakeer:
              yes this is thr reward .shahada .the ultimate sacrifice made by all those who stood like a rock in front of your so called m/f american race .they are blessed with the most cleanest of all deaths we call it shaheed we call it mujahid u call it murdar u call it warriors of terror.and what ever happened to them they will be repaid in janna.
              adnan ahmed i tried to make peace with you but u dont seem to understand dude.if u dont feel good dont just waste ur time here .keep ur moronic replies to yourselves dont post in my threads.
              i suggest u go view these pictures and try to get it through ur mind ok .stop all ur bs ur writting .and take it as a warning.
              http://talibanonline.tk/
              My m/f american race?! Relax...

Comment

I met a person who lived near my house... He was the unfortunate who went to fight for the Taliban against the US... Hes a totally changed man, he found out how the Taliban betrayed all the Pakistanis that went there, and there was no US to fight with over there... They had to run for their lives when the NA started pounding them... Although he says he was treated with disrespect by the NA, but he was not 'tortured'... He was returned to Pakistan after his family paid a hefty amount of money, though this took very long...

Although the NA are a bunch of thugz, what the Taliban did to the Pakistanis who went there is even worse... As for the Al-Qaeda Arabs who got tortured and raped, serves them right...

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                  I met a person who lived near my house... He was the unfortunate who went to fight for the Taliban against the US... Hes a totally changed man, he found out how the Taliban betrayed all the Pakistanis that went there, and there was no US to fight with over there... They had to run for their lives when the NA started pounding them... Although he says he was treated with disrespect by the NA, but he was not 'tortured'... He was returned to Pakistan after his family paid a hefty amount of money, though this took very long...

Although the NA are a bunch of thugz, what the Taliban did to the Pakistanis who went there is even worse... As for the Al-Qaeda Arabs who got tortured and raped, serves them right...
                  Spock: one of those idiots is a first cousin of mine. We had to borrow money to get him out. He was not raped, but nearly died of asphyxiation, and then rotted in a hole till money was sent for his return. And now he curses the Taliban, the Al-Qaida, and swears he is going to personally kill couple of Mullahs who were encouraging him and his friends to go, if he finds them. I hope he never does. And now the same fanatics are talking about taking Musharaff out!! I hope they all go to Hell.
                  P.S. There is a question for you under the Uighur thread. Take a look at it, please.

[This message has been edited by OldLahori (edited June 10, 2002).]

Comment

*sighz*

God bless those who are merciful & forgive

Comment

Originally posted by OldLahori:
                      Spock: one of those idiots is a first cousin of mine. We had to borrow money to get him out. He was not raped, but nearly died of asphyxiation, and then rotted in a hole till money was sent for his return. And now he curses the Taliban, the Al-Qaida, and swears he is going to personally kill couple of Mullahs who were encouraging him and his friends to go, if he finds them. I hope he never does. And now the same fanatics are talking about taking Musharaff out!! I hope they all go to Hell.
                      P.S. There is a question for you under the Uighur thread. Take a look at it, please.

[This message has been edited by OldLahori (edited June 10, 2002).]
                      My sympathies Old Lahori bhai. Seeing you went so far as to share this with us, can you tell us what the reaction of the average Muslim would be next time the Mullahs come calling for another 'Jihad'?
                      This time against India?

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:

i can understand what ur friend experienced .
                        taliban had a big army .most of them joined taliban cuz taliban were the hope in those peoples heart who wanted peace and thats what taliban acheived PEACE IN THE ENTIRE TALIBAN RULED REGION. and those people were not 100% taliban supporters they just saw the hope of getting thr country out of the warlordism thingy.and it wasnt pakistani who just got killed the afghan taliban got killed in that conflict too in mazar sharif where more than 500 pakistani taliban got killed .

and dont forget thr are sell outs in every race either be pashtoon be panjabi or farsi ban.

i remember when they showed on cnn how the afghan taliban retreated and left behind all those pakistani plus arab talibans behind which is just to create hatred amongst the unity among the taliban so the afghan taliban are left only to fight.
                        which i can see by all of your peoples replies how much u hate them now.

Comment

Jeez yaar.. Relax..
                          I was only joking..sorry
                          I understand your point. In no way can anyone condone this, and those NA guys will get whats coming to them either in this life or the next. Them plus the idiots who convinced these kids to go to Afghanistan in the first place. I dont want to seem insensitive, but these naive kids just got involved in somthing they shouldn't have.
                          Still, here is a question, and please dont blow your top and start fuming at me.
                          If this was really a Jihad, and god was truly on the side of these Taliban and Pakistani "mujahids," would he have allowed for this to happen to them?
                          My oppinion is that god wasn't on their side, and this was sorta like devine retribution. Its unfortunate that these kids had to get involved in somthing like this.
                          But they are lucky they were allowed to return to their homes alive, with little more than sore butts, and bad dreams.

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited June 09, 2002).]
                          yes those mullas shud be burned who are un educated and make money by callingfor ihad this is not called struggle against kuffars.i agree here .

but when u say Allah wasnt on thr side it kinda amuses me.who knows Allah is on whos side thats a answer Allah himself knows the best.if Allah wasnt on talibans side taliban wudnt acheive victory so quickly after all those warlords fought over afghanistan for 7 years while taliban swept away throughout the country in less than a year .and brought peace to the country .
                          further more JOHN WALKER LINDH is a big sign bro .no firangee has fought for pakistan why wud he choose a kafir like taliban to fight alongside .plus he wasnt a kid he was a mature kid .an educated mature kid who left his paradise likehome california he left all the beautiful girls of cali.he left all the luxuries of cali.he left all his relatives in cali and chose to fight for islam .i mean he cudve went to palestine.why fight for taliban .they were kafir after all.

and if u said it as a joke well it wasnt a comedy thread .it was a serious thing which u cuve took it seriously.after all they were your country men which i appreciated thr qurbani and u * sighs* made fun of them .be like that bro.all i can expect from u is this.

Comment

I dont exactly hate them... I was a staunch supporter until they started making bad decisions... I mean i for one give credit for consolidating their rule over Afghanistan, something that no one seemed to do before them... They also had good relations with Pakistan (despite the fact that the Indian media used to report that they took over Torkhum and Peshawar)... They also stopped the looting that took place when people who took the alternative route coming back from Chitral in the winters... However, when they started making foolish decisions, despite Pakistan's (their closest ally) warning... They lost it...

Comment

I think torturing is a bad thing and I totally condemn it.
                              BUT if it is true that they really raped some Jihadis then I say more power to them(NA guys, not Jihadis).

Comment

Working...
                              X