Pak foreign minister Abdul Sattar resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak foreign minister Abdul Sattar resigns

Well he is gone. And I think it couldn't happen at a worse time. The Indian newspapers have picked up on this, but the dawn has nothing to say and I can't access The news. Personally I feel this is very bad. I think it leaves us in the lurch when we need our Foriegn Service and stable PR dept the most. This also has I bet confused the rest of the world as well as India. We can't afford such an obvious shuffle at such a juncture, but we sitting here can't do much. So who do you guys think should be our next FM?
    http://headlines.sify.com/906news4.html
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfra...02/dlfor41.asp
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/A...rt_id=12240802

------------------
    It is a pleasure to stand upon the shore, and to see ships tost upon the sea: a pleasure to stand in the window of a castle, and to see a battle and the adventures thereof below: but no pleasure is comparable to standing upon the vantage ground of truth . . . and to see the errors, and wanderings, and mists, and tempests, in the vale below.
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

He didn't have a choice. He just had a three hour operation and could not handle a job like this.

Comment

I read in the Dawn yesterday? that he wanted to resign because of health reasons. Who are the likely replacements? Maleeha Lodhi?

Comment

According to sify news, it is Inamlul Haq. Maleeha Lohdi, Sheryar Khan and Sheikh, check the link for his first name. But with a military govt you never know.

------------------
        It is a pleasure to stand upon the shore, and to see ships tost upon the sea: a pleasure to stand in the window of a castle, and to see a battle and the adventures thereof below: but no pleasure is comparable to standing upon the vantage ground of truth . . . and to see the errors, and wanderings, and mists, and tempests, in the vale below.

Comment

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited June 07, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited June 07, 2002).]
            And what is your above point ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2bornot2b:

He was trying to make a point

Comment

And what is your point ?? Dont preach something you cant practice.

Coming back tot he topic Malehaa Lodhi' Chances are really good. But who is going to US ?

------------------
                AK

Comment

Originally posted by Asif_k:
                  ... And what is your point ?? Dont preach something you cant practice...
                  Thank you for your great input

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                      Yes then did a quick retreat as is now common Indian practice.

Maleeha Lohdi, Sheryar Khan and Najmuddin Sheikh are excellent choices to replace Sattar. The only thing that would hold back Maleeha being appointed is that she is more valuable in the US, especially at this time, and can be called on more easily to defend Pakistan there than back at home?

Comment

Asif K you post is as pointless as Kumarakn. 2b wants to know what he had to say. Something wrong with that?

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
                          ...2b wants to know what he had to say. Something wrong with that?...

CM, have you noticed, I think this Asif_K trying to stalk me Everytime I reply to Sadas (oops I mean imran29), Kumarkan, rvikz, and Talwar, this Asif_K (or whatever his hindu name is) tries to get in and make an un-intelligent comment

Looks like, I have really got under his nose

OK, OK, Tendulkar is the best batsman, and Kapil Dev the greatest bowler. I hope this makes him feel better

Comment

CM, have you noticed, I think this Asif_K trying to stalk me
                            So, You think of yourself as a Celebrity ?? 'NEEND SE JAGANE WALA ICON'.
                            Btw, You are the one who is a stalker (Remember Andhra and how you stalked him)

Everytime I reply to Sadas (oops I mean imran29), Kumarkan, rvikz, and Talwar, this Asif_K (or whatever his hindu name is) tries to get in and make an un-intelligent comment
                            Well, I am just trying to give you a taste of your own medicine. In every reply of yours you have only one rhetoric about how Indians advocate Rape. I just remind you that you are the biggest advocate of rapists yourself.

Looks like, I have really got under his nose
                            It seems other way to me (If I have to go by your last post)

OK, OK, Tendulkar is the best batsman, and Kapil Dev the greatest bowler. I hope this makes him feel better
                            Of Course they are - It will always make me feel better and worse to you.

------------------
                            AK

Comment

I agree with Malik73. I've heard about Sattar's bad health. We'll see who's gonna become new Foreign Minister.

Personally, I'd prefer Farooq Lagahari

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN

Comment

Working...
                              X