Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackout in Mujaffarabad as Pakistan fears Indian Air Strikes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Blackout in Mujaffarabad as Pakistan fears Indian Air Strikes

    http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/may/31war17.htm
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapc...ack/index.html

    This is what troubles me most. Pakistan always reads more into India's intentions than is warranted. And in the event of a war.. Let us say if India fired a Prithvi with a conventional warhead on one of the Pakistani cities, the Pakistanis may immediately conclude(wrongly) that an Indian nuclear attack is coming next and may in the heat of the moment decide to launch a nuclear attack on India to preempt the imazinary attack. This scenario has the potential to trigger a nuclear conflict and inflict a devastation that is unthinkable. That Pakistan does not have a organized nuclear command control structure as India is scary too.

    [This message has been edited by chilli (edited May 31, 2002).]

    #2
    Hey, India ought not to fire anything at a Paki city, conventional or otherwise, due to the very reason you stated.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by chilli:
      That Pakistan does not have a organized nuclear command control structure as India is scary too.
      Actually its the other way around by most accoutns I've read.

      Comment


        #4
        Can u provide a link from a non Indo-Pak source...
        PS > My statement was based on what I read in an article NYT or Washington Post a few days back(I dont exactly remember which one). Sorry I lost the link.

        Comment


          #5
          First of all, I think there won't be a war for this very reason. Secondly, Pakistani nuclear arsenal is in safe hands and will be delivered wherever requested, Inshallah.

          [This message has been edited by Abdullah k (edited May 31, 2002).]

          Comment


            #6
            [quote]Originally posted by chilli:
            [B] http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/may/31war17.htm
            http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapc...ack/index.html

            Let us say if India fired a Prithvi with a conventional warhead on one of the Pakistani cities, the Pakistanis may immediately conclude(wrongly) that an Indian nuclear attack is coming next and may in the heat of the moment decide to launch a nuclear attack on India to preempt the imazinary attack.
            Ok, so u want us to sit idle if you launch a so called prithvi (which is bound to fall in one of India's own cities). Pakistan has every right to reply with a Ghauri... Eent ka jawab pathar se milla...

            [This message has been edited by Spock (edited June 01, 2002).]

            Comment


              #7
              Buddy you are just another egotist who is absolutely dumb about the aftermath of a Nuclear Attack. This kind of ignorant jingoism makes me sick. Ok so your country launches a Ghauri on India and kills a million people and what if India decides to reply in kind..... Pakistan may be removed from the face of the earth.
              Dont get me wrong on this... its not a question of who will be harmed more. Remember at the end of the day you can't say we lost only 2 million people while India lost 5 million and feel happy about it. We are talking about deaths of millions of people here, possible future contaminations, birth defects...etc. etc.
              All that I tried to say in the earlier post that a conventional attack is not worthy enough to make a country think nuclear. Because a first nuclear attack cannot be justified...its consequences are unfathomable, unimazinable... I suggest you do some reading on Hiroshima...
              Pakistan can use its Nuclear bombs to bluff, blackmail the world... but attack a big NO !!

              Comment


                #8
                itenary: it is precisely for these reasons that hindia should refrain from cowardly firing a missile into a Pakistani city. If that happens, the command maynot wait to see if the missle fired is nuclear or not.

                Pakistan logically would use nuclear weapons as a last resort and Pakistan is not ignorant of the implications...
                When sovereignity is threatened a nation has every right to defend itself by every means necessary.

                ------------------
                Returns of The Sword...

                Comment


                  #9
                  and what fk is muJafarabad? Its muZafarabad

                  ------------------
                  Returns of The Sword...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Sultan Toora:
                    and what fk is muJafarabad? Its muZafarabad

                    Indians can't prnounce "zZZ" thats why they say Joo instead to zoo

                    Comment


                      #11
                      india also should plan a war that will not hurt pakistan too much .damage to pakistan should not exceed
                      what pakistan does to us in kashmir by inflitration. we want to give pakistan a reason to live.

                      [This message has been edited by rvikz (edited June 01, 2002).]

                      Comment


                        #12
                        All quiet on the Eastern front...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by chilli:
                          Buddy you are just another egotist who is absolutely dumb about the aftermath of a Nuclear Attack. This kind of ignorant jingoism makes me sick. Ok so your country launches a Ghauri on India and kills a million people and what if India decides to reply in kind..... Pakistan may be removed from the face of the earth.
                          Dont get me wrong on this... its not a question of who will be harmed more. Remember at the end of the day you can't say we lost only 2 million people while India lost 5 million and feel happy about it. We are talking about deaths of millions of people here, possible future contaminations, birth defects...etc. etc.
                          All that I tried to say in the earlier post that a conventional attack is not worthy enough to make a country think nuclear. Because a first nuclear attack cannot be justified...its consequences are unfathomable, unimazinable... I suggest you do some reading on Hiroshima...
                          Pakistan can use its Nuclear bombs to bluff, blackmail the world... but attack a big NO !!
                          Look whose talkin... A dumb hindutva... Its ok for you to attack, but not ok for us to attack with a vengeance... You can fear us all you want, but if you strike us, you are going down... You claim to be so superior, why do you chicken out? Why do you make stupid statements like, oh daddy, if we launch a conventional warhead in Pakistan, will they return fire? HELL YEAH WE WILL...

                          You are forgetting that its international opinion that says Pakistans nukes are better than India's...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X