Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We do not need your sympathies" : Indian Muslims to Musharaff

http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/may/27mush2.htm

Leaders of the country's different minority communities took umbrage on Monday at Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf's reference to their 'plight', saying he had no business to do so and they were competent to handle their own problems.

"We have not appointed him our advocate," prominent Muslim politician and All-India Babri Masjid Action Committee convener Syed Shahabuddin told the Press Trust of India. "We are competent to deal with our problems. Any such statements from Pakistani leaders will only prove counter-productive."

Shahabuddin said there was nothing new in Musharraf's statement and his earlier promises were yet to be tested on the ground.

Syed Shahabuddin told the Press Trust of India. "We are competent to deal with our problems. Any such statements from Pakistani leaders will only prove counter-productive."

For that statement you can read: Any statement of sympathy from Musharraf is likely to spark a Hindutva backlash with Shiv Sena, RSS and Bajrang Dal pouncing on the minorities for being associated with Pakistan.

This shows what a truly sad plight they are in when disgraceful scenes like Gujarat cannot be condemned by someone because he is a Pakistani. Indian muslims seem to be waiking on a knife edge and we Pakistani should listen to this advice and offer very little support as it obviously creates a dangerous backlash situation for these beleaguered minorities.

Comment

well it is not a new story....Pakistan always sides with the Muslims around the world and this is what they say in return...i think pakistani's should learn by now that none in the muslim world will say anything in their favour if it is in trouble..i mean Pakistan is always siding with Arafat and what does he has to say about india-pak conflict ..."Palistinians are neutral on the issue"....
      Pakistan is in great trouble nowadays too.. even if we try to reassure ourselves with missles but still we r in trouble...well it is not to say that indians r not in trouble... they are in as much gr8 trouble as us...but the spectacular thing about all this is that the whole Muslim community 1/3rd of the whole population in the world is as silent as ...(well i couldn't find a comparable word to this similie)
      We all feel sad for innocent gujrati's of India and palestinians and Kashmiries but i seriously don't know that when the don't want to be sympathized with then why do we waste our time....i guess because we feel it is our duty because we are muslims.....that is the only reason that comes to my mind but it really gets me when some of their leaders talk as if we are their biggest enemies or something..it is really sad.

Comment

We do not need your sympathies" : Indian Muslims to Musharaff

Yeah, Mahan Modi and Vajpayee will listen to you

Live & Let Live

Comment

IF only words were followed by action!

Musharraff has an opportunity if he is indeed a true leader and not a puppet, if he is a leader let him proove it.

The muslims in india are in disaster zone the muslim woman is being dishonoured daily, muslim being killed and humiliated daily.

The muslims in indian army number 40% of the indian army. There loyalties now split while seeing muslims being raped and killed within india they begin to hate the hindus. Indian gov create war situation to create nationalistic bond among people both hindu and muslim and direct the anger of the muslims of india towards pakistan.

Musharraff should say to the muslims in indian army go to gujerat and ahmedebad where the muslims need your help and also tell them we will help you.

This is what a true leader of muslims would say!

A puppet would simply wait for phone call from washinton to tell him what to do!

Comment

The muslims in indian army number 40% of the indian army.

Kahan kahan se jaahil aa jate hain.

Kuch bhi likh detehain yahan pe.

Comment

Originally posted by ak47:
              IF only words were followed by action!

Musharraff has an opportunity if he is indeed a true leader and not a puppet, if he is a leader let him proove it.

The muslims in india are in disaster zone the muslim woman is being dishonoured daily, muslim being killed and humiliated daily.

The muslims in indian army number 40% of the indian army. There loyalties now split while seeing muslims being raped and killed within india they begin to hate the hindus. Indian gov create war situation to create nationalistic bond among people both hindu and muslim and direct the anger of the muslims of india towards pakistan.

Musharraff should say to the muslims in indian army go to gujerat and ahmedebad where the muslims need your help and also tell them we will help you.

This is what a true leader of muslims would say!

A puppet would simply wait for phone call from washinton to tell him what to do!
              Musharraf is a leader from Pakitan. Not for India! Kuddos, ever wonder why doesn't Indian Muslims talk about Secularism whenever diaster happened to them?

Live & Let Live

Comment

I don't think Musharraf is that much of a puppet....well if he had really been under so much pressure he would never have tested the missles.......look wat is happening now every leader from BUsh the bully to chirac is confemning him but the missle tests are going on...
                and well it is not that easy to send our army to Gujarat indians are already very concerned about the so called " infiltration"
                across the border...and sending trops in india would really call for a big time war ...i guess Musharraf did the right thing in mentioning Gujrat issue in his latest speech.. that is all we can do....but see they don't even want our "sympathies"

Comment

"We have not appointed him our advocate," prominent Muslim politician and All-India Babri Masjid Action Committee convener Syed Shahabuddin told the Press Trust of India. "We are competent to deal with our problems. Any such statements from Pakistani leaders will only prove counter-productive."
                  They sure they dont need Musharraf's sympathies? They can sit and watch hindu nationalist annihilate them. And if they were competant enuuff or had any political clout they would have protected their Babri Masjid from being raised to the ground.

I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by andha_qanoon:

Aap bhi kuch kam acha mazaak nahin kartay..
                    buaaaahhaaaaa

[This message has been edited by zaavia (edited May 27, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by ak47

I think u need to concentrate on your English before fabricating facts. ESL? But, I agree with your point that this whole current crisis is the brian child of India, to take the world's eyes off it's internal troubles and attrocities against Muslims.

And Judge^MentuLL is 100% correct, they don't want to be an RSS and SS target by being called traitors.

------------------
                      You can only paint with the colors you're given...
                      ...so get what you like and like what you have.

[This message has been edited by pakistan99 (edited May 27, 2002).]

Comment

Why should we care about Indian Muslims? They are just as bad if not worse then the Hindus...

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
                          Why should we care about Indian Muslims? They are just as bad if not worse then the Hindus...
                          Another good point... infact, proven by comments by some of them on Gupshup!

------------------
                          You can only paint with the colors you're given...
                          ...so get what you like and like what you have.

[This message has been edited by pakistan99 (edited May 27, 2002).]

Comment

General Musharaf was kind enough to mention them. I would just give them the finger and tell them to solve their own problems. But regardless, they shouldn't blame Musharaf for doing what every good Muslim is supposed to be doing, looking out for his own.

Comment

So who speaks for Indian Muslims .

There is no elected representative ,president or undisputed leader or spokesman for Indian Muslims .

Why everybody is going boo ha ha
                              about nothing !!!

Syed Shabuddin is NOTHING .He can only speak for himself.What has he done for any oneIndian muslim to be considered even well wisher of Indian muslim.

------------------
                              Mausam Ke Tarah Tum Bhi Badal tou Naa Jao Ge

Comment

Working...
                              X