Won't it be nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't it be nice?

1. To watch a cricket match with Tendulkar facing Shoab?

2. To hear the gazal from across the border while gulping shorba on Dal lake?

3. To play Reliance stock arbitrage between Mumbai and Karachi?

4. To negotiate SAFTA a'la NAFTA?

5. To let families long torn between borders travel to each other freely?

6. To open the news paper and read about some of this stuff rather than Kashmir attack or Karachi bombing?

[This message has been edited by ArjunMahavir (edited May 26, 2002).]

Arjun- just to let you know, mods here are quite strict about putting posts in correct areas, like World Affairs, Shor Sharaba, etc.

I agree with your post though.

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited May 26, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by ArjunMahavir:
      1. To watch a cricket match with Tendulkar facing Shoab?

2. To hear the gazal from across the border while gulping shorba on Dal lake?

3. To play Reliance stock arbitrage between Mumbai and Karachi?

4. To negotiate SAFTA a'la NAFTA?

5. To let families long torn between borders travel to each other freely?

6. To open the news paper and read about some of this stuff rather than Kashmir attack or Karachi bombing?

[This message has been edited by ArjunMahavir (edited May 26, 2002).]
      yes it will be nice but pre-condtion for that from our Paki friends is the merger of Kashmir in Pakistan.
      And thats a big cost for Ghazals... !!!
      or for Tend facing Shoib.

Comment

I would love such a settlement. I have many friends who happen to be Indian. I would want to tour India with and for them to do the same with me in Pakistan. But none of this is possible while Kashmir issue remains unresolved.
        But here's another that would be nice..
        How about letting people in both countries, buy land and property in areas they had migrated from. Many people in India Pakistan have been torn from their ancestrol lands. It would be nice to see people being allowed to buy land, and build vacation homes in their ancestoral villages etc etc.

Comment

Excellent idea Adnan. And you too Arjun. But think of this, these steps will undo the partition and policy of enmity between both the countries in the past 50 years. The ideas are too light to be taken by hawks in both the countries seriously. So a failure at the start.

Comment

What ever, you guys are thinking is not possible, even if the Kashmir issue is resolved. The example of Bangladesh, is clear as a crtystal where the Indians helped them get independence but still their relationship are not that good.

Comment

Stupid post by ArjunMahavir. Trying to draw a parallel between a democratic,stable, secular and strong nation like India and a terrorist and mostly madarasaa educated country like Pakistan.
              As an Indian I do not want to have anything to do with Pakistan.... Its India's misfortune that we have such a backward nation as our neighbor. Let us leave it at that.

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited May 27, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by chilli:
                Stupid post by ArjunMahavir.
                I bet it's by you

Trying to draw a parallel between a democratic,stable, secular and strong nation like India
                Secular & Democractic India How quickly you've forgotten PRE-PLANNED GUJARAT RIOTS and slamming POTO against minorities in India

and a terrorist and mostly madarasaa educated country like Pakistan.
                LOLz. Even this educated country introducting new scientific education in Madarsssas. On the other, Modi is sitting watching the people dying in Gujarat!

As an Indian I do not want to have anything to do with Pakistan.
                And there goes a bomb. You have nothing to do with Pakistan and you are on a Pakistani site. Why sounds like Atal jee?

Its India's misfortune that we have such a backward nation as our neighbor. Let us leave it at that.
                Well, we are backward and I admit that. But your education always been telecast in Durr Darshan channel, Democractic fun by your Elected Leaders. BTW, this backward country Pakistan has already build up NUCLEAR ARSENAL, and the world didn't know. Now, you will say it is the product of Korea and China Dream on. We like to see everyone to dream about our Arm forces strength

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

Trying to draw a parallel between a democratic,stable, secular and strong nation like India and a terrorist and mostly madarasaa educated country like Pakistan.
                  that's why i feel sad for my neighbours in india.....they r just so ignorant..believing whatever their media tells them to read ...i really feel sorry for u chilli.

As an Indian I do not want to have anything to do with Pakistan.... Its India's misfortune that we have such a backward nation as our neighbor. Let us leave it at that.
                  spontaneous answer: what r u doing on this site? seriously go to some indian discussion site and chat and discuss about your might there...it might give u pleasure.

Hi Arjun....well yes it is a very comforting thought...and seriously i have couins living in india but haven't gone there since 1997 it was really nice to meet all my family members there...but after 1991 something or the other hapenned b/w pak and india that we delayed our trip...and if the tension dies out, it would be really nice to visit india again..but right now this wish seems to be a pie in the sky.

Comment

Chilli...I seem to have offended your sentiments there...I can only state what I feel. I know very little difference between Pakistani and Indian friends of mine. Seriously. There is more different between a Tamilian and Punjabi than between a Karachiwala and dhilliwala. I will bet a $1000 (US) that Indo-Pak peace will be achieved within 5 years - because I think we are both fundamentally good people who have been torn aside by religious extremism that we recognized late. Kashmir is tough but solvable.

[This message has been edited by ArjunMahavir (edited May 27, 2002).]

Comment

democratic,stable, secular and strong nation like India and a terrorist and mostly madarasaa educated country like Pakistan.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I'm sorry that no one can persuade your narrow-minded persona otherwise...you've totally not gone to Pakistan as I can plainly see. You'd be surprised.

Madrassas are not the main form of education in the country. Even the madrassas that are existing in Pakistan include secular and religious education together, just focussing a bit more on religion than the typical private christian-run private school. There are a few madrassas, percentage wise, that preach talibaan and OBL rhetoric and refuse to include English, arts, etc in their teachings. They're all in really downtrodden areas, where there is no other option for affordable schooling. In that field, I believe that the biggest fad these days among Pakistani rich women is to open up schools whereever possible. Plus with the international attention on these madrassas, the whole "madrassa student culture" you see advertised in Indian media will be erased from Pakistani history, Insha'Allah. But of course, India media will be advertising it even then!
                      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Vaise, I'm surprised from a supposedly democratic country in which I would think free speech is prized, a indian national is upset at the very existence of madrassas in Pakistan. Madrasssa is a religious school in which one goes to learn religion and worldly pertinent subject matter. There's nothing wrong with this, and its a form of free speech if a town maulana decides to open a madrassa and furthermore, its free speech to preach of the way western democratic and capitalist societies are making muslim countries of the world their servants. Oh wait, India doesn't have free speech. They have the Indian-Hindu rhetoric being stuffed down students mouths with free speech stamped on the product!
                        I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by ArjunMahavir:
                          [B]1. To watch a cricket match with Tendulkar facing Shoab?
                          B]
                          You are right! It would be exceptionally nice to see Akhtar charging in like a bull, letting the searing yorker fly and the cherry blasting through Tendulkar's defence. And in the closing act, the whole ground watches Tendulkar's off stump cartwheel to the boundary.

Now, now don't get all upset! It's not like I'm making it up. Remember the ATC?

Waisay Chilli bhai, I'd much rather not be part of your "secular" country either whatever the hell that concepts means as applied in your country.

Comment

Originally posted by chilli:
                            Stupid post by ArjunMahavir. Trying to draw a parallel between a democratic,stable, secular and strong nation like India and a terrorist and mostly madarasaa educated country like Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited May 27, 2002).]

We despise you aswell . Im sure we had our way, you would be a million miles away from us..

Comment

Working...
                            X