Indian "Tamasha" gone far enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian "Tamasha" gone far enough

I'm sure I'm speaking for many of us here.

I think it has gone too far. I'm sick of this.

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited May 23, 2002).]

it is easy to act brave from distance
    why dont you move to border area where
    both country shell each other?

Comment

All Pakistanis were insisting that this build up will fade away after UP elections are over and BJP is just bluffing when it says that it is building up to put pressure on Pakistan to refrain from terrorism. Now all countries of the world are asking Pakistan to refrain from cross-border terrorism, even Mushy yesterday said he won't tolerate cross-border terrorism in the name of Kashmir (though he stuck to his usual line of moral and diplomatic support, to save his face)

Comment

So basically nothing has changed. India still has not attacked and continues to spew the rhetoric, Pakistan once again said what it has always said, the world is still asking the same.

War is not an option. Both India and Pakistan cannot afford the destruction that will occur this time around. Let's see what the next few days bring.

Comment

i learned that some 750,000 indian troops are amassed at the border now (thats 2 mountain divisions and 1 infantary divison). Pak is taking similar measures, moving men and material in strategic places.
          British Embassy in Islamabad was almost shut down yesterday, and usually they have the inside info on such things as breaking of war (their own spy network).
          very ominous signs of war!
          I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

I understand Britain declared that it is pulling out a number of its diplomatic staff due to internal threats within Pakistan and not because of situation on the LOC.

Comment

Australians urged to exit Pakistan as tensions rise
              (Updated at 1130 PST)
              CANBERRA: Australia on Thursday urged its citizens living in Pakistan to leave and advised people to defer all travel to Pakistan as tension escalated with India over the disputed territory of Kashmir.

The Australian government also called the Indian and Pakistan high commissioners to meetings in Canberra to voice its concern about the possibility of hostilities between the two countries.

South Asia's nuclear rivals have massed up to a million troops in Kashmir and along their border since India blamed Pakistan-based Kashmiri militants for a raid on its parliament in December.

Comment

Originally posted by dhir:
                All Pakistanis were insisting that this build up will fade away after UP elections are over and BJP is just bluffing when it says that it is building up to put pressure on Pakistan to refrain from terrorism. Now all countries of the world are asking Pakistan to refrain from cross-border terrorism, even Mushy yesterday said he won't tolerate cross-border terrorism in the name of Kashmir (though he stuck to his usual line of moral and diplomatic support, to save his face)
                Gen Musharraf had spoken out against extremists long before Sept 11. The urgency to act came after Sept 11, and he has acted against such groups as and when required. Nothing is being done merely at india's behest, though you may believe so to feel good about yourself.

If 3/4 million strong(or weak) indian army couldnt suppress the relatively unarmed Kashmiri mujahideen, do you really think they can just walk over Pakistan, a nuclear state, as most indians seem to be thinking?

India's hapless attempts to get Pakistan labelled as terrorist have always backfired. All stupidities, ranging from the hijacked indian airliner, to the parliament fiasco, to the fake hijacking last year, to the 35 sikhs killed in kashmir 3 years ago, have all slapped themselves back onto Vajpayees face each and every time.

Fact, and the only one at that, is that this melodramatic episode of a useless military buildup is nothing other than an attempt by Vajpayee to save his seat, and divert attention from the Gujrat massacres, which were sponsored by his own party.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                  ..Fact, and the only one at that, is that this melodramatic episode of a useless military buildup is nothing other than an attempt by Vajpayee to save his seat, and divert attention from the Gujrat massacres, which were sponsored by his own party...

Indeed. To think this nation aspires for a seat on the UN Security Council?

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >
                    Fact, and the only one at that, is that this melodramatic episode of a useless military buildup is nothing other than an attempt by Vajpayee to save his seat, and divert attention from the Gujrat massacres, which were sponsored by his own party.
                    <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<<<,,

Akif, I know you are a Pakistani and it is difficult for you to think coherently, but consider this.
                    WHEN did the "buil-Up" of Indian Army start and WHEN did Gujrat incidents took place?

What has one got to do with the other?

It seems next to impossible to hold rational debate with Pakistanis, but let me tell you, War decisions have nothing to with BJP being in Power.
                    Nuclear TEsting, Yes!!! A non-BJP govt. wouldn't have gone ahead with it, probably.
                    I said probably becasue, the COngress Govt. unfer PV did try to test before it ws stopped by US.

Comment

Originally posted by 2bornot2b:

Indeed. To think this nation aspires for a seat on the UN Security Council?

Who cares ? UN is a failure, there have been more problems in the POST UN period than pre UN.

Akif - Glad to know that now the army is there because of Gujrat, before that it was because of UP elections. What next ?? I cant think please suggest some more jokes.

------------------
                      AK

Comment

>>Akif - Glad to know that now the army is there because of Gujrat, before that it was because of UP elections. <<

Thanx Asif_K Bhai. Now that you reminded me, there was a lot of talk in Pak Press, linking army buildup and UP elections.

So the pattern seems clear. Whenever India does something hostile to Pak, it is due to the ruling class in India trying to divert the internal problems.

How credible is the allegation ?
                        Well, in these two instances it is false,but every ruling class in every country is known to do it.
                        No exceptions!!
                        Except that in a DEmocracy with different centres of power SOMEBODY is going to ask questions!!!

I am saying false in these two instances because of this. If the BJP really was deploying the Army to get votes for UP elections, they would have pulled the Army back after the elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Satavahana:
                          I am saying false in these two instances because of this. If the BJP really was deploying the Army to get votes for UP elections, they would have pulled the Army back after the elections.
                          Those Monkeys in BJP just needed an excuse to Pull the Army out of Gujrat, Thanks to the friends of all Muslims, 'Pakistan' it provided them the opportunity to do so.
                          Now the Army is recalled from Gujrat.

------------------
                          AK

Comment

So, you think it is deliberate ASif_K bhai?

Why don't you open a separate thread on this.

Comment

CNN reports that vajpayee said "war clouds have given way to clear skies".

This may be a sign that the rhetoric was just that, rhetoric.

This would mean that India was never really ready to fight.

if India backs off now, we should launch a preemptive strike on Srinagar.

Enough is enough. Time to call the bluff for these monkeys and then kill them from behind asthey flee.

Comment

Working...
                              X