This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY Afghanis Hate Pakistan's policy.

I have few Afghani freinds here in USA and whenever I discuss the politics of Afghanistan the start abusing Pakistan and Its policy.To me it seems that they think Paksitan is the only cause og their plight.
    Is it true that most of them think like that?
    Personally I think pakistan did a lot for them .
    what do u guys think?

------------------
    Unka Jo Kaam hai Ahl-e-Siyasat Jaane,
    Apna paigam muhabbat hai ,jahan tak pahuche

Yes, most of them ahte Pakistan. It's partly becuase of ISI intefering into Afgahnistan, but also becuase they conisder the Durand line as artificial, and the Pushtun areas of Pakistan should be merged back into Afghanistan.

Afghan-Pak relations have been bad since 1947. And I have to say that Afghans started it by not recognizing Pakistan and sending in lashkars to fight Pakistan.

Of course in return Pakistan completely destroyed and occupied Afghanistan.

Comment

I can understand there problem specially after 911.But isnt it kinda of hypocritical of them becoz most of them get shelter in pakistan as refugee.

Comment

Some of them consider the Pashtun areas of Pakistan as part of Afghanistan, so they don't really care if they lived in Pakistan or not.

Plus, a lot of them have historical issues with Paksitan and chips on there shoulders which are too complicated to get into.

Comment

well faraz mir is right most of the afghans dont even give a damn about the durand line.on either side actually.
          before durand line afghan territory was all the way upto the indus river wherever it goes.that includes baluchistan and nwfp.
          so most of afghans dont feel outsiders when they come to peshawer or quetta or any place in sarhad.and on the other hand pashtoons from sarhad and baluchistan dont mind it too.
          remember same blood.

Comment

Originally posted by fakeer:
            well faraz mir is right most of the afghans dont even give a damn about the durand line.on either side actually.
            before durand line afghan territory was all the way upto the indus river wherever it goes.that includes baluchistan and nwfp.
            so most of afghans dont feel outsiders when they come to peshawer or quetta or any place in sarhad.and on the other hand pashtoons from sarhad and baluchistan dont mind it too.
            remember same blood.
            well it appears to me from ur post and Mir's post that problem is due to durnad line where as my experience says that they hate pakistan becouse of their policy towards afghanistan in last 20 yrs and specially after 911.

Comment

faqeer, I agree that the pashtuns on this and the other side of the durand have the same blood, but then why do peshawari pashtuns cry that their businesses have been destroyed by Afghans? and many time ANP has asked in NWFP assembly, as to when will the refugees sent back?

Comment

I agree that Pakistan has hurt them in many ways.. We should have avoided getting involved in the whole Afghan political situation. Even if they were fighting a civil war, there may have been a possibility that through civil war, a single powerful ruler would have emerged that could unify the entire country. Pakistan should have let the events play out on their own. If it had to get involved it should have involved other countries such as Iran as well, instead of going gung-ho. Pakistan is responsible for a lot of Afghni problems, but not all. We do infact have 2 million of their refugees living within our borders despie the fact that we can hardly afford any of them.
                Afghans also have to take much of the blame, and so does the rest of the world. To blame all the problems on Pakistan makes no sense.
                But, in the end, we will have to move on with life. Mistakes have been made and the entire region is suffering because of these mistakes. Apologies are in order, whats best for the region now, is to move on.

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited May 07, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by zaavia:
                  faqeer, I agree that the pashtuns on this and the other side of the durand have the same blood, but then why do peshawari pashtuns cry that their businesses have been destroyed by Afghans? and many time ANP has asked in NWFP assembly, as to when will the refugees sent back?

Those Pashtoons are like yo., Hmmm thats right like you. You know, proud Pakistanis, or liberal ones. I call them khar-Phatans. Bunch of Hipppos they are

Comment

So, ANP walas are hypocrits?

Comment

So, ANP walas are hypocrits?
                      In some or many ways, yes they are. But not all of them are, some do mean bussiness.

Comment

faraz mir hes right too .
                        if u ever thought thr are two types of afghans.
                        1st : pashtu speaking.
                        2nd : persian speaking

its the persian afghanis whos creating all the problems and i personally agree that they shud not only be kiked outta pakistan but afghanistan too.back to thr respective countries where they belong from.
                        if u look into it mostly pashtuns have thr own private businesses (the afghan pashtoons)thr hard workers they work day and night.
                        while on other hand the farsi ban want's to make money the easy way.the notoriouse phase#1 in hayat abad.where prostitution is so rare.just ask someone about hayat abad.

so pashtoons are sick of those afghanis (ie the farsi ban afghanis).
                        faraz mir sangay yay khana.

[This message has been edited by fakeer (edited May 07, 2002).]

Comment

[This message has been edited by fakeer (edited May 07, 2002).]

Comment

first of all u cant kick out all farsi bans, out of afghanistan as they make up the majority about 62 % of the total population, secondly if ever there is a division of pakistan involving pashtunistan there will even be division of NWFP as there are considerable portion of NWFP which is Hindko or Kohistani speaking. Even a lot of hindko people live inside Peshawer. So there can never be an alliance of all of NWFP, and balochistan with Afghanistan.

Comment

Fasiwan as in Persians only make up to 32% (Tajiks and Hazaras, excluding the Uzbeks) of Afghans, but Farsiwan as in Farsi speakers are 62%. In that, 15 percent are Pashtoons, like Ahmed Karzai and King Zahir Shah. Although Karzai can speak Pashto, but Zahir and his family can't just like the rest of the 60% Kabuli Pashtoons living in Kabul. Just like in Pakistan, Pashtoon happens to be some 30 to 40 percent, but if you include the Phatans and Khans, the number goes up to 50 to 60 percent. That is if only if you take in consideration interracial marriages amongst the Pashtoon and other ethnic Pakistanis.

Comment

Working...
                              X