to fight or not to fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to fight or not to fight

It is interesting that most Pakistani's are saying, "if India attacks, we're going to attack right back" and "there shouldn't be a war" or "how stupid is Indian leadership to attack first or have a first strike".I was reading the discussions on the Express India site and most Indians, according to that, want a war. They want to, according to them, "wipe Pakistan off the map".
    I think it is quite obvious that it's not so easy to make nations and it's not so easy to break them either. Pakistan's establishment was a bloody one and highly costly on all fronts. Perhaps, this is an occasion for 'aap pehle, naheen AAP pehle' between the two nations. If they do choose to strike, who will strike first?
    India has more to loose than Pakistan, it has greater population than Paksitan, more cities, it's ass is more on the line than Paksitan's. But the majority of the Indian population is totally hell bent on war.
    And when it comes to the 'nuke them, nuke them' concept, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still being faced with deformities in babies, illnesses and diseases due to radiation, even after more than 50 years. Just think, if a nuclear war breaks out, the destruction it does now is obvious, but there will be prices to pay even after 50 years. now THAT is really scary. Who ever invented the atomic bomb should be sent to outer space with an atomic bomb shoved in his mouth

We can only defend ourselves... India will attack first

Comment

When this level of weapon is in the inventory of both nations, the fierce warrior spirit of both sides is compromised. On the one hand, both want to defend their positions. On the other, the bravery of even low yield nuclear arms puts a damper on the old concept of battle. Vajpayee did say India's response would be "decisive against militants." India can have no aspirations of territorial gain against Pakistan proper. To engage the small, permanently defensive country of Pakistan takes insight and tact due to the war-gamed facts as they are. India must play it cool and calculated.

Comment

Yeah it's sad how much money both countries are spending on their nuclear and military structure. If they spend half of that money on welfare, education, healthcare for the population, there would not be so much suffering and the economic situation will improve but as long as their is no political solution this 'war' will go on without ever ending.

Comment

Yes we will fight, and we must hit them hard, so hard that they will never, ever dare to talk about war again. We will NOT let bloodthirsty bully across the border bully us. And if we have to go down, we must make sure they are going down as well.

All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Comment

Originally posted by Sania Saeed:
            ...It is interesting that most Pakistani's are saying, "if India attacks, we're going to attack right back" and "there shouldn't be a war" or "how stupid is Indian leadership to attack first or have a first strike".I was reading the discussions on the Express India site and most Indians, according to that, want a war. They want to, according to them, "wipe Pakistan off the map"...

I seriously believe the Indian population has no concept of reality, and they are being fed lots of misinformation about Pakistan's military capabilities. I am surprised for a nation that prides itself in its good level of education, they can be taken in by their leaders and make such stupid remarks.

Both countries now have very powerful conventional weapons. It will not be a one-way street. Militarily, Pakistan is in a better position than it has ever been.

President Musharaf is doing the right thing by talking peace and not going on a warpath. Indian is definitely the aggressor and Pakistan will do all it can do defend the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sania Saeed:
              Who ever invented the atomic bomb should be sent to outer space with an atomic bomb shoved in his mouth
              albert einstein is already dead :/
              great scientist tho :>
              I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Times like this make me wish I was in Pak Army!

JEAY PAK JAWAN!!!!

Comment

RealDeal...where are you right now?

Comment

Am in London at the moment. ALways wanted to join Pak Army, but didn't because of all the discrimination. Shame, I think i would have been able to give the Hinddos a good whooping!!

Comment

lol...RealDeal!

I hope that in future the things will change for the betterment. I dont know how, or what Musharraf has done in this regard so far, to include more people into the army from Sindh and Balochistan.

Comment

I don't think much has been done, except for talk.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed, as you can see with the present situation, Indians come in and try to exploit the greivances, like they did in '71.

I'm in the UK reserves now, was thinking of joining the Pak reserevs when I go back. But they may think my UK experience may make me a spy, or they may appreciate the UK training which is highly regarded.

Would love to get the chance to kick some Hindoo butt!!!

Comment

Well...a few months back...when Vajpayee started this stunt of his...I was in Pakistan...and had full plans to fight...if the war is imposed on us...but the chance couldnt come...I would have loved to hit some butts too...

[This message has been edited by zaavia (edited May 23, 2002).]

Comment

What were your plans? i guess if I was in Pak the only thing i could do is join a local militia and shoot the Hindoos if they appear on my street. But i really don't think they would get that far.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                              Times like this make me wish I was in Pak Army!

JEAY PAK JAWAN!!!!
                              More power to those Jawans that defend the soil we take for granted sometimes. We need a thread dedicated to those Jawans
                              I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X