X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rbee
    replied
    Originally posted by RealDeal:
    Rbee- you're very right. Just look at this latest comment.

I told you so monami!

Leave a comment:

• Spock
    replied
    The only thing it has achieved are some sensless posts from you andhra LOL

Leave a comment:

• RealDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by CM:
    There you go. So the second time around, it was rigged right? That is how BB came to power the second time. C'est la vie in Pakistan.

Rbee- you're very right. Just look at this latest comment.

Leave a comment:

• pak_roy
    replied
    i dont knw wht the general outcome of this referendum was but all i know is tht i was highly dspntd!! i mean...he says the turnout was 70%...and i mean u werent even 2 show ur id card..!!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! wht kinda 'DEMOCRATIC' move was tht in whch a voter cod literally go to 100 pollin stations and vote over n over again!!! GOOD LORD!! and all the other media reports OTHER THAN THE PAKISTANI have said tht the turnout was mere 20%!!!! n i saw it on tv tht infrnt of a vote casting station in isb there was NO1!!!...and wht has it achieved!! well i say heh another zia-ul-haq who will sit and govern us for the next 10-15 years...n then only death wod remove him frm his position...but then again...Pak wod do lesser dvlpmnts than usual...and tht is wht matters...i dunt personally give a damn abt who rules the country...i jus want Pak 2 rule da` wrld!! and btw...y r all the army ppl head of EVERY DPT in the country...tht means a person who served in income-tax for 10 years can bcome a major general in the army right?

Leave a comment:

• CM
    replied

You just don't get it do you?!!

Even ex-COAS Beg said ISI fixes elections, so again who are you to argue with him.
    There you go. So the second time around, it was rigged right? That is how BB came to power the second time. C'est la vie in Pakistan.

------------------
    Iím just a freedom fighter
    No remorse
    Raging on in holy war
    Soon thereíll come a day
    When youíre face to face with me

Leave a comment:

• Rbee
    replied
    Originally posted by kumarakn:
    Sorry to join the fun so late, but referendum was a mistake by Mushy's overenthusiastic strategists
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• Rbee
    replied
    You have to admit, he adds a certain 'je nai sai qoui'(pardon the bad French) to the forum!
    Your pardoned!
    By the way, what did you want to say en francais?

I think that you should stop discussing the issue of the interference of the army in the election process with the likes of those whom you have been doing so in this forum, as they will never budge from their preconcieved notions and believe in what has actually transpired.Thank God that Aslam Beg came out with that statement of his regarding the funding of the ISI for the IJI, otherwise people would have asked proof of that too!

Leave a comment:

• Rbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Andhra:
    Now that all the noise is over and Perveez Mushraaf is the darling of Pakistanis according to the ballot, can enlightened Guppies enlighten me in turn and tell me what this Referendum actually acheived for Pakistan?
    Well, we have acheived a huge price increase in the rates of petrol and diesel for one!
    You Indians can never beat us because we do it ourselves!

Leave a comment:

• kumarakn
    replied
    Sorry to join the fun so late, but referendum was a mistake by Mushy's overenthusiastic strategists.

It shamelessly reminded people that they have no say about the person/policies that rules them.

Leave a comment:

• RealDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by CM:
    Weeeeeeeee...that was fun. Now lets see, so the army did not rig the elections in which BB won power? Oh my Gawd!! How can that be. From all that you say they meddle in Politics all the time. I bet when NS came to power they rigged that as well right?

You just don't get it do you?!!

Even ex-COAS Beg said ISI fixes elections, so again who are you to argue with him.

Army has always messed with democracy so its weak and people don't develop a 'affection' for it. Then they of course can satisfy their power urges and take over.

The Army doesn't always get its way in elections they try to rig. Again the first BB election is a perfect example,then COAS has admitted as much, but you continue to deny it!

Leave a comment:

• Pakistani Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by OldLahori:
    If the editorial (May 15,2002) in nation is anything to go by, BB may be Back!
    LOL.

Play Your Game - Guess My Motto

Leave a comment:

• CM
    replied

Empty rhetoric, plain insults and twists on movie lines don't change the REALITY

When COAS Aslam Beg himself said ISI distributed funds to anti-PPP parties who the hell are you to argue?!!!

YOu really thing Leghari and GIK could have dismissed her without Army approval?!!

FACT is BB was so popular then even Army couldn't stop her! Scoff if you want but her HUGE Lahore meeting is just ONE example!

Perhaps you should find out the FACTS
    before you start barking again!

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited May 14, 2002).]
    Weeeeeeeee...that was fun. Now lets see, so the army did not rig the elections in which BB won power? Oh my Gawd!! How can that be. From all that you say they meddle in Politics all the time. I bet when NS came to power they rigged that as well right?

------------------
    Iím just a freedom fighter
    No remorse
    Raging on in holy war
    Soon thereíll come a day
    When youíre face to face with me

Leave a comment:

• RealDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Akif:
    Andhra.
    Your problem is not with Pakistans internal affairs.

Your problem is immaturity, and I for one am getting tired of it. I suggest you change your tactics soon.

Hey leave Andhra alone,he's entertaining!

You have to admit, he adds a certain 'je nai sai qoui'(pardon the bad French) to the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Akif
    replied
    Andhra.
    Your problem is not with Pakistans internal affairs.

Your problem is immaturity, and I for one am getting tired of it. I suggest you change your tactics soon.

Leave a comment:

• OldLahori
    replied
    If the editorial (May 15,2002) in nation is anything to go by, BB may be Back!
    http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/today/editor/ed3.htm
    Partyless polls

The report that the government is being advised to hold the October election on partyless basis, will come as surprise to many, particularly when General Musharraf himself has declared, on more than one occasion, that the elections will be on party basis. The advice may tempt the government because of two recent developments. One is about a perceived resurgence of PPP at the grassroots and the other is the rather poor result of attempts to cobble together a viable anti-PPP coalition. The implication of the PPP emerging as a majority party, as seen by some policy planners in the government, is that they may be able to block some of the moves of the present regime, such as in the field of constitutional amendments, or may become too powerful to handle by the President, who has already warned, perhaps with this contingency in mind, of the harmful consequences of a Parliament out of harmony with him.
    This may be a hark-back to the partyless polls that Zia held in 1985 to control the National Assembly. He failed, because once elected, the members joined hands and formed the Muslim League. If those who are suggesting partyless polls believe that the announcement of partyless polls would provoke the PPP or the PML to boycott the elections and thus the Kingís parties with a walkover, they may be in for a disappointment. The chances are that the opposition parties, especially the PPP, would contest the polls anyway and re-emerge as proper parties in Parliament. The governmentís advisers may also be over-confident about their ability to make PPP members to cross the floor once in the House.
    Holding partyless polls would also damage the governmentís own image. The referendum has already eroded the governmentís credibility at home and abroad. The holding of partyless polls would erode it still further. The US State Department, when asked to comment on the validity of the referendum, said that it is looking towards the October elections. If a shadow is now cast on the elections too, any claim by Pakistan to democratic credentials would become suspect in the eyes of the world. The government should devote more energy to holding a credible election, with a result acceptable to winner and loser alike, rather than engage in ultimately futile attempts at manipulation.

[This message has been edited by OldLahori (edited May 14, 2002).]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X