Conspiracy against Musharaff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an article by M.B.Naqvi postulating a conspiracy against Musharaff. Does this sound reasonable?

******************************************** http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/may20...02/oped/o5.htm
    A suicide car bomb's ramming into a Pakistan Navy's bus in Karachi on May 8 is yet another reminder that religious fanaticism is still active and powerful. Earlier the targeted killing of Dr Murtaza Malik in Lahore seemed convincing to this writer and many others that there is a bigger game going on than merely satisfying the hatred felt for the 'other' sect. The earlier sequence was instructive. A day before a Shia educationist had been gunned down in Malir, Karachi. Next day it was Lahore's turn and that too the murder of a level headed and moderate Sunni. In Karachi there has long been this alternation.

One part of the background is clear. Out there in the society there is no sectarian polarisation or noticeable hatred. There are different sects as they have always been and the people had more or less happily learnt to co-exist long ago. No eruption of an ugly sentiment has been reported from any of the major urban centres in the country, not even from the traditional spots in the Northern Areas and some NWFP-tribal areas where sectarian clashes have earlier been frequent. The question of questions is who is behind these targeted killings and whether there is a political design behind them.
    The pattern of killing in the last few weeks points to someone out there being desperate to involve the common people into sectarian polarisation and creating tensions in the society. To explain this view the Oct elections are being mentioned. Whatever may the government's spin doctors say, the Referendum has clearly showed which way the wind is moving; the way people stayed away from the polling booths on April 30 proved that the popular sentiment remains cold toward the great cause of continuing the Musharraf reforms. Why it leaves the people stone cold is because no one sees any benefit in the reforms for himself. If this state of affair persists, the opposition parties might then sweep the polls in October or whenever they are held. Raising sectarian tensions by whipping up popular passions and creating polarisation might divert the attention of the people away from the elections and or the government. A few eruptions at popular level here and there might then come in handy to put off the polls or to do other things.

It is however too unworthy of the military ruler to entertain such base tactics; it is hard to believe this, though it may be natural for intelligence agencies to suggest things like this. A satisfactory explanation however remains to be discovered. A proffered explanation is that General Musharraf has enemies within his own constituency -- again hard to believe -- but the western governments and media appear to believe that. At least the Israeli Foreign Minister confessed to going to bed after praying for long life of Pakistan's Strongman. It is absurd to think that agencies working directly under army high command can be so rebellious and unreliable as to work against their own Chief. And yet the enigma remains.....

India is doing it!!! Only they are gaining!

Comment

This would be anyone's first guess. My second guess is that Mr. Naqvi is Indian.

Comment

I doubt a Pak paper would employ an Indian to write about Pak affairs.

Comment

People tell me that M.B.Naqvi is a very reputable, serious, 'well connected' and serious journalist. He is a Pakistani since 1947. Looking at some of his previous articles, he is a moderate who has advocated peace. He does not come across as a fan of either NS or BB to me.

Comment

RAW, RAW , RAWWWWWWWW!!!!

Comment

hmmmm...not sure. But i would list the same for in no real order.

1. Mossad
              2. Desi Loony
              3. Raw
              4. AL-Qaeda

------------------
              Iím just a freedom fighter
              No remorse
              Raging on in holy war
              Soon thereíll come a day
              When youíre face to face with me
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

That's not a hot News!

Play Your Game - Guess My Motto

Comment

Originally posted by OldLahori:
                  People tell me that M.B.Naqvi is a very reputable, serious, 'well connected' and serious journalist. He is a Pakistani since 1947. Looking at some of his previous articles, he is a moderate who has advocated peace. He does not come across as a fan of either NS or BB to me.
                  OldLahori, I believe Naqvi is right about Musharraf!

Play Your Game - Guess My Motto

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                    India is doing it!!! Only they are gaining!

I would disagree to that ,I think. This article is good food for thought!

Comment

Working...
                    X