Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Stumbling Blocks for Indo-Pak Allaince?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about it and it seems to me, India and Pakistan have much more in common that is normally realized.

Consider..

1.More or less the same culture. Family values, food habbits, pop-culture etc., etc.,
    Infact if you step outside the sub-continent the people we have most in common with are the Pakis!!!

2.Except sub-continental issues India and Pakistan usually end up on the same side of the fence.
    Like Palestine(Atleast Pakistanis support India's stand though their GOvt. does not),
    The recent Interantional Criminal COurt(Both Of them DOn't want it!! )
    Or Cricket. Or NAM etc., etc.,

So what is preventing Indian and Pakistan from being friends to the extent of having a COMMON DEFENSE AS Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan proposed at one time?

NOT Kashmir according to me.

The problem, it seems to me arises from

1.The Military class that got hold of Power in Pakistan
    It neeeds a conflict, an enemy to justify it's continuation. Be it Russian in Afghanistan or India in Kashmir!!!

2.The rise of Islamic fumdamentalism and Pakistan's 'Host' role in it.
    I don't think the Educated Pakistani cares much for these 'Madrassas' that Mushroom in Pak, especially around Karachi and in the fromtier.

So Iinvite Pakis to contribute to this thread.

For starters let's keep criticism to other threads and talk ONLY about POSITIVE things.

I think THE ONLY problem is KASHMIR. I have never gotten into an argument with Indians exceptover Kashmir. We have absolutely no problems with each other, no religious, communal, cutural problems at all.. It all stems from Kashmir. Why does India think its always under attack? Because they hold on to a 3rd of Kshmir. Why do Pakistanis harbor so much resentment for Indians? Because India still holds onto a 3rd of Kashmir.
    When the Partittion happened, even Gandhi warned that this would poison Pak India relations for years to come.
    The sad truth is that Indians do not see the logic of this, they still live in a fantasy world. They need to realize that the root cause of all problems has always been, and will always be, the Kashmir issue. Until they realize this, there can be no peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:

The problem, it seems to me arises from

1.The Military class that got hold of Power in Pakistan
      It neeeds a conflict, an enemy to justify it's continuation. Be it Russian in Afghanistan or India in Kashmir!!!

2.The rise of Islamic fumdamentalism and Pakistan's 'Host' role in it.
      I don't think the Educated Pakistani cares much for these 'Madrassas' that Mushroom in Pak, especially around Karachi and in the fromtier.

So Iinvite Pakis to contribute to this thread.

For starters let's keep criticism to other threads and talk ONLY about POSITIVE things.

1. The army became so powerful due in part to the Kashmir problem. You may be right that the military establishment want some trouble to justify defense expenditures, but thats the same with India.

2. I dont like the Madrasas either, but the fact is that the reason these people produce Jihadis is because there is a Jihad to fight in Kashmir.. No Kashmir, no Jihad, and thus no Jihadis. Pak has supported these people only for the sake of Kashmir.
      Wake up bro, the only problem is Kashmir, you have to try and realize this if you want peace with Pakistan.

Comment

Did you forget Gujarat massacres already?

They dont have anything to do with Kashmir, nor with Pakistans military.

The stumbling block is religion, and the differences that result from that.

Religion is what caused division of the subcontinent.
        Religion is what fans the flames in Kashmir.
        Religion is what caused the Gujarat riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
          Did you forget Gujarat massacres already?

They dont have anything to do with Kashmir, nor with Pakistans military.

The stumbling block is religion, and the differences that result from that.

Religion is what caused division of the subcontinent.
          Religion is what fans the flames in Kashmir.
          Religion is what caused the Gujarat riots.
          Perhaps, many of us here have friends who just happen to be Hindu. I personally see it as a nationality thing.. Both trying to defend their boreder against the percieved enemy.

Comment

Political instability of Pakistan.

Dictatorships and democracies are fighting for each other. To season it is Khilafat movements, Shariah law etc etc etc..

A stable political setup will slowly, but eventually follow a pattern and know what it wants, what is doesn't want, what it can get and what it cannot get.

After 54 years of freedom, Pakistan is still trying to decide how they want to rule themselves. How can they decide about friendships with others?

Comment

I agree with both your reasons Andrha.

As for the rleigion issue it is expolited in both countries,as we are seeing in Gujrat and in the Karachi bomb blast.

Comment

Dictatorship or democracy, Pakistan has managed to fare as well, or better, than the 'biggest democracy' of the world in our neighborhood.

Size doesnt matter here.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                  Dictatorship or democracy, Pakistan has managed to fare as well, or better, than the 'biggest democracy' of the world in our neighborhood.

Size doesnt matter here.
                  how does that work? economically that's certainly not true.

And India is not a 'real' democracy!

Comment

It takes the following:

1, Removal of the Indians hatred of all thinks related to Pakistan.

2, Removal of the Indians' hatred of all things related to Islam

see
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1977246.stm

and also Andha's posts in the religiou forum.

One you have achieved this, then all problems (Kashmir, etc) will be solved.

But then again, that would be wishful thinking.

Comment

>>1, Removal of the Indians hatred of all thinks related to Pakistan.<<

How do you substantiate this 'Hatred' charge?
                      I don't think Pakistanis will ever understand that they are NOT on the daily Indian Agenda!!!
                      If Guppies don't believe this, they are Welcome to do some research on the Web and find out how many times Pakistan is written about in Indian Press as opposed to how many times India is written about in Pakistani Press!!!

Since Kashmir is the biggest thing for you, let me tell you Kashmir is covered in Indian Press as a 'Law And Order' problem essentially.
                      There are no serious 'Ding-Dong Bells Are Sounding On India's Existence' about Kashmir.

>>2, Removal of the Indians' hatred of all things related to Islam <<

If THAT is true, there would have been a Gujrat everyday these past 54 years!!!!
                      Further remember you come from a country which successfully finished 'Ethnic Cleansing' of Hindus and Sikhs of Pakistan after partition.

>>and also Andha's posts in the religiou forum.<<

What is the problem?. Dig up all my posts and show me where I said anything about Islam without backing up with Quotations from the Koran or the Hadith!!
                      If your Hadith tell you to Drink Camel's Urine or says God loves those who Sneeze, I am not Really responsible!!! "

Comment

How do you substantiate this 'Hatred' charge?

1. My mullah said so.
                        2. My madrassah taught me so.
                        3. Tehy also told me that in my taining camp in NWFP.
                        4. My general said so.
                        5. My mommy said so.

Comment

You got to be kidding. Indo-Pak Alliance

Play Your Game - Guess My Motto

Comment

Indo-Pak alliance.... YUCK.... theres far too many differences between Pak and India.... you worship cows we eat them....

Comment

...So what is preventing Indian and Pakistan from being friends...

Andhra, you advocate raping Muslim women, yet you talk about friendship with Muslims?. You need to change your own attitude first before you ask what your country and Pakistan can do to remove the stumbling blocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X