Specially for CM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specially for CM.

Muslim League, political organization of India and Pakistan, founded 1906 as the All-India Muslim League by "Aga Khan" III.Its original purpose was to safeguard the political rights of Muslims in India.
    ABOUT AGA KHAN'S:
    Aga Khan , the title of the religious leader and imam of the Ismaili Nizari sect of Islam, originally bestowed by the Persian shah Fath Ali on Hasan Ali Shah, 1800–81, the 46th Ismaili imam, in 1818. The first Aga Khan was also appointed as the governor of the province of Kirman, a position he lost as a result of political intrigues following Fath Ali's death. In 1839, he moved to India, where he aided the British during the first Anglo-Afghan war (1839–42) and in the conquest of Sind (1842–43). He was succeeded by his eldest son Ali Shah, Aga Khan II,. who died in 1885. In turn, his son, Sultan Muhammad, 1877–1957, assumed the title of Aga Khan III,. and played an instrumental role in attempting to secure Muslim support for the British rule of India. A founder of the All-India Muslim League (later the Muslim League), he served as its president in 1909–14. His international visibility increased when he served as the chairman of the British Indian delegation to the imperial conference in London in 1930–31. He also represented India at the Geneva disarmament conference (1932) and in the League of Nations (1932, 1934–37), where he was president of the General Assembly (1937). Later he played a significant role in the movement to establish the Muslim state of Pakistan. He was succeeded by his grandson, Prince Karim, 1937–, who as Aga Khan IV. has devoted substantial Ismaili wealth to development projects in countries with a significant Ismaili population, and who instituted (1977) a noted series of awards for Islamic architecture. His uncle, Prince Sadruddin, was UN High Commissioner for Refugees (1965–77), and has been active in other international humanitarian causes.
    ABOUT JINNAH:
    Jinnah was born in Karachi,educated in Karachi and Bombay (now Mumbai), Jinnah studied law at Lincoln's Inn in London, England, and was admitted to the bar in 1896. After serving briefly as a magistrate in Bombay, he practiced law in that city and soon rose to the top of the profession.Jinnah's first important contact with political affairs was in 1906, when he acted as private secretary to Dadabhai Naoroji, president of the Indian National Congress, a political organization that was working for Indian autonomy from British rule. In 1913 Jinnah joined the Muslim League, formed to protect Muslim interests against India's Hindu majority, though at the time he still hoped for accord between the two groups. In 1916 he was elected president of the Muslim League and in 1919 became the representative of Bombay Muslims in the Imperial Legislative Council, a national legislative body with limited authority under the British colonial government.In 1920 the Indian National Congress launched the noncooperation movement, a mass campaign to boycott all aspects of British rule in India. Jinnah disagreed profoundly with the movement and resigned from the Congress. Jinnah advocated a moderate approach of cooperation with the British and gradual transfer of power.Jinnah's frustration at the impossibility of settlement led him to suspend his political activities for four years, during which time he practiced law in England. In 1934 he returned to India on a visit to preside over a Muslim League session and decided that he must remain permanently in India to look after Muslim interests.
    The Muslim League supported Britain in the war effort but had become convinced that if the Congress Party were to inherit British rule, Muslims would be unfairly treated. Jinnah campaigned vigorously against Congress during the war and increased the Muslim League's support base.Finally in June 1947 Congress and Muslim League leaders, against Gandhi's wishes, agreed to a partition of the country along religious lines, with predominantly Hindu areas allocated to India and predominantly Muslim areas to Pakistan. They agreed to a partition of the Muslim-majority provinces of Punjab and Bengal as well. Hindu, Muslim, and Sikh refugees numbering in the millions streamed across the newly drawn borders. In Punjab, where the Sikh community was cut in half, a period of terrible bloodshed followed. In Bengal, where Gandhi became what Lord Mountbatten called a “one-man boundary force,” the violence was insignificant in comparison. On India's independence day, August 15, 1947, Gandhi was in Calcutta rather than Delhi, mourning the division of the country rather than celebrating the self-rule for which he had fought.
    By 1953, however, dissensions within the League had led to the formation of several different political parties. Between 1958 and 1962, while martial law was in force under Muhammad Ayub Khan, the League was officially defunct. Later, the League reformed into two separate factions: the Convention Muslim League (under Ayub) and the Council Muslim League. This latter group joined a united front with other political parties in 1967 in opposition to the group led by Ayub. The Convention Muslim League ceased to exist when Ayub Khan resigned in 1969. The Council Muslim League, which had brought about the founding of Pakistan, was virtually eliminated from the political scene in the elections of 1970.
    NOW CM THIS IS ENOUGH TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!

ALL I HOPE FOR IS ONE PAKISTAN AND ONE PAKISTANI.

Hey a thread just for me! Awww...and you still didn't answer my question. My question was why do you say that: that party have nothing to do with islam

That is what you said on page 2 of the thread.

------------------
    I’m just a freedom fighter
    No remorse
    Raging on in holy war
    Soon there’ll come a day
    When you’re face to face with me
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

YOU ARE SUCH A DUMB.IF YOU READ THIS THREAD AND UNDERSTAND IT THEN YOU WON'T ASK THAT QUESTION.AND NOW IF YOU ARE STILL ASKING THIS QUESTION THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER YOU.

Comment

Look I didn't ask for a cut and paste of the history of the Muslim league. Read my question and answer with your own words.

------------------
        No remorse
        Raging on in holy war
        Soon there’ll come a day

Comment

Kindly avoid posting 'personal' threads in future they might be closed.

Saba

Comment

Yes ma'am!

------------------
            No remorse
            Raging on in holy war
            Soon there’ll come a day

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
              Yes ma'am!

You are very basic.

Comment

So you want to answer my question?

------------------
                No remorse
                Raging on in holy war
                Soon there’ll come a day

Comment

Working...
                X