$ 22m railways agreement signed with China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news for Pak Railways and for Pak-China relations.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/apr20...ain/main16.htm

Pakistan signed a $ 22 million-agreement with China for the procurement of 52,000 metric tons of rails on Tuesday. Lt Gen (retd) Saeeduzzafar, Secretary, Ministry of Railways and Liu Guoping, vice president, Chinese Ministry of Railways, inked the agreement. Under the agreement, China will provide stronger and heavier rails, which will not only enhance speed but also increase load capacity on the track.

Of $ 22 million, 15 percent will be contributed by Pakistan while the remaining 85% by the Exim Bank of China. The new rails will modernize the track system, which has outlived its service life since its installation in the subcontinent. This would be yet another landmark in the history of the present government to provide a fast and safe railway track to the public, an official said. The CRMSC has offered free of cost fastening systems and turnouts to improve the track network of Pakistan railways.

Railways Minister Lt Gen (retd) Javed Ashraf Qazi, who was present on the occasion, said there were manifold merits of entering into cooperation with Chinese Corp. First, the Pakistan railways will get its spares and material in much below the market prices, the minister said. The second biggest advantage, Qazi said, would be to have the back up of expertise for modernization of track network in Pakistan to achieve higher speed and safety.

Originally posted by Malik73:
    Excellent news for Pak Railways and for Pak-China relations.
    You Bet

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

i would really still like to see a subway system in lahore and karachi. what do you guys think? back in the 80s japan did make such a proposition but for some reason it was never implemented.

btw, welcome back tiger.
      Yaad aaiy jo dard ki raat may, jis ki baat ho apni har baat may.

Comment

Originally posted by cHEeGUm:
        i would really still like to see a subway system in lahore and karachi. what do you guys think? back in the 80s japan did make such a proposition but for some reason it was never implemented.

btw, welcome back tiger.
        You are right Chegum and thanks for welcoming me back

Long Live Pakistan

Comment

Malik73,

Pakistan Steel Mill is capable of manufacturing rails and can provide hundreds of jobs to un-employed. Other cheapest opportunity is buying from India. If 'aaloo', 'payaaz' and sugar can be bought from India why not rails under barter system can be bought from India, which could save millions of $$ in foreign exchange.

But as usual your job is to sing love songs for Musharaf even if he takes whole nation to down the gutter.

FARID

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
            Malik73,

Pakistan Steel Mill is capable of manufacturing rails and can provide hundreds of jobs to un-employed. Other cheapest opportunity is buying from India. If 'aaloo', 'payaaz' and sugar can be bought from India why not rails under barter system can be bought from India, which could save millions of $$ in foreign exchange.

But as usual your job is to sing love songs for Musharaf even if he takes whole nation to down the gutter.

FARID
            I just fell off my chair. Moderator, move Farid's comments to Jokes Forum

Do You Ever Wonder Why?

Comment

Thank you China

Comment

I think Farid made a sensible comment about how to improve Pak.

you can't deny many deals are done on the basis of how much money it will make those involved.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                  I think Farid made a sensible comment about how to improve Pak.

you can't deny many deals are done on the basis of how much money it will make those involved.
                  RealDeal, you make me laugh! What kind of point you are talking about? China has supported Pakistan and has backed us. In fact, China is our most trusted friend. India<---->friend. Could be possible. But not now buddy. It would take a while. You know all the investements programs, especially Gwadar Port and I.T sector has been supported by China. So, I don't see if we still need help in the case of agriculture like trading potatos, rice. We have to improve our economy and education sector, which is what China & Pakistan are doing!

Pak-China Friendship Rulez

Comment

P Tiger,

The rails will be bought on loan from Chinese bank. It is not 'khairaat' or 'free bee' from China. If you do not know read the article again and see who is going to pay all these millions $$? What is so funny about my post? Can you explain?

FARID

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                      P Tiger,

The rails will be bought on loan from Chinese bank. It is not 'khairaat' or 'free bee' from China.[/b

Yes, I'm well aware of it!

If you do not know read the article again and see who is going to pay all these millions $$? What is so funny about my post? Can you explain?

FARID
                      [/QUOTE]

Funny thing about your post is that you are saying to have trade relations with India. On the other hand, India doesn't want to have dialouges with Pakistan.

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

At least something has improved in the way of dealing.
                        Good news

------------------
                        • WatCh youR tHoughtS; they become words.
                          WatCh youR wOrdS; they become actions.
                          WatCh youR aCtiOns; they become habits.
                          WatCh youR hAbiTs; they become character.
                          WatCh youR chaRactEr; it becomes your dEsTinY."
                        Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Well I agree, what is Pakistan Steel for if it cant make rails?
                          surely it can produce rail track, the only thing attractive is only the investment from china bank, otherwise pakistan govt wouldnt invest heavily in this project if made through pak steel,

this deal should be more better if china provide or help us to built new rail carriage and Pakistan steel to make rail tracks.

Pakistan need a reliable mass transit plan.in major cities and interlinking,

first Tracks and then modernise train carriages.

there is much to do, atleast its a good start.

------------------
                          End is Begining!
                          پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Strange why realdeal is supporting farids suggestion of buying steel from india, lol

The railways dept has done very well this time around. They are trying their best to prevent the annual loss that we used to see. Railways after the british left have been a neglected dept. and only 337 Kms were added after them. Im glad this is going to change now... Pak China dosti zindabad

Comment

Spock,

India se aaloo aur pyaz kharidnay main to aap ko koi sharam nahi aati uskay leay foreign exchange hay, magar rails kharidnay main aap ki tabiat khraab ho jaati hay kyun?

FARID

Comment

Working...
                              X