Gen Wins!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen Wins!!

as per the initial counting, Gen has won by landslide majority in so far counting. Following is the detail about three in one candidates

President 33%
    Chief of Army Staff 33%
    Gen Pervaiz Musharaf 33%

This reminds me of a joke about little boy, who came home to his mom to announce that he won the race. 'who was the second and third?' inquired the mom. 'oh that was me too!' replied the lad. 'but how is that possible?' Well I was the only one in the race!' replied the young man.

Don't give up your day job.

------------------
    Iím just a freedom fighter
    No remorse
    Raging on in holy war
    Soon thereíll come a day
    When youíre face to face with me
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by zawiyaefikr:
      as per the initial counting, Gen has won by landslide majority in so far counting. Following is the detail about three in one candidates

President 33%
      Chief of Army Staff 33%
      Gen Pervaiz Musharaf 33%

This reminds me of a joke about little boy, who came home to his mom to announce that he won the race. 'who was the second and third?' inquired the mom. 'oh that was me too!' replied the lad. 'but how is that possible?' Well I was the only one in the race!' replied the young man.

You're right. this whole thing is a joke being played on the People of Pakistan!

Comment

I read it somewhere, democracy as promised and given to Pakistan by General is like a Bonzai. It will not be allowed to grow by General beyond a limit he decides and it won't be allowed to take deep roots.

He rightly pointed out earlier that he will return to democracy, but not as world knows it, but his own style.

Comment

Originally posted by dhir:
          I read it somewhere, democracy as promised and given to Pakistan by General is like a Bonzai. It will not be allowed to grow by General beyond a limit he decides and it won't be allowed to take deep roots.

He rightly pointed out earlier that he will return to democracy, but not as world knows it, but his own style.

Gens democracy is better thn NS and BBs democracy any time.

Comment

The basic difference being in NS and BB's democracy they could be removed by a vote of confidence or in general elections, or at least army always had a handle on them all the time and it did a coup also. But what now. General, general all the way, this way and that way.

Comment

Yaar Dhir, I can appreciate why you as an Indian would prefer BB or NS. However, please do not worry, I am sure President Musharaf will not be harsh on India

Comment

Just cos I am Indian doesn't mean my comment should inspire you to make it an India-Pakistan affair rather than democracy vis a vis General's democracy.

My basic point is you had a choice when BB and NS were there, you had the power to remove them. What power do you have now?

Comment

What power do you have now?
                  Why would we need power now? Musharraf is the best thing ever happened to Pakistan

Take Your Best Shot At Me

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited April 30, 2002).]

Comment

Rather than arguing whether he is the best thing or not, and agreeing with you on that. Tell me what could you do had he not been the best thing? Just answer the question without diverting.

Comment

PakistanTiger...<<Why would we need power now? Musharraf is the best thing ever happened to Pakistan>>

hun...

daman pah koi chhaint na khanjar pah koi dagh
                      tum katal karo ho .. keh karamat karo ho!

or the following by Hasan Nisar, which has come to be favorite of BB

Shahr-e-asayb main aankhain hi nahi kaafi
                      ulta latgo gay tou phir seedha dekhai deyga

Comment

Originally posted by zawiyaefikr:
                        PakistanTiger...<<Why would we need power now? Musharraf is the best thing ever happened to Pakistan>>

hun...

daman pah koi chhaint na khanjar pah koi dagh
                        tum katal karo ho .. keh karamat karo ho!

or the following by Hasan Nisar, which has come to be favorite of BB

Shahr-e-asayb main aankhain hi nahi kaafi
                        ulta latgo gay tou phir seedha dekhai deyga

Simply, I don't believe in any political parties of Pakistan. Your BB should come to Pakistan, if she is innocent

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

Rather than arguing whether he is the best thing or not, and agreeing with you on that. Tell me what could you do had he not been the best thing? Just answer the question without diverting.
                          I'm not diverting any issue. So far he had made precise decision and definitely I'd aspect the same thing in the future. If not so, Pakistanis can remove Musharraf by protesting. Just like we did with Gen. Ayub! Musharraf's first vision is Economic and that vision puts him on a winning side so far

Live & Let Live

Comment

The basic difference being in NS and BB's democracy they could be removed by a vote of confidence or in general elections, or at least army always had a handle on them all the time and it did a coup also. But what now. General, general all the way, this way and that way.
                            Who told you they can be removed with a vote of confidence..... They can only be removed with a dunda and every time it was way too late. The best thing is not to have them in the first place. But hey given the Pak version of democracy Nusrat Bhutto aaweay hey aaweay followed by ganja

Comment

dhir,

You can never convince Abdali, PT, and Mali73. They are the progeny of dictatorship. People like them singing love tunes in 1971 when dictators were handing over part of Pakistan to Indian generals. They were singing love tunes when dictator was plunging the country in to darkness of evils of drugs and terrorism in the 80s. Again a dictator turned around after 911 by arm twisting, and getting fresh lease to rule for five years to fix democracy.

These people would continue to singe love tunes till taking over by their progeny or further disintegration. You can not change their mind-set. Since years they have been reaping and enjoying the fruit of dictatorships and people mostly of minority provinces in Pakistan have been suffering and bore the responsibility for their actions. It is sheer waste of time in arguing with them.

FARID

Comment

Working...
                              X