India Invites Pakistan for Meet on Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India Invites Pakistan for Meet on Afghanistan

Wonderful News . I wish peace and prosperity will return back to South Asia specially in India and Pakistan again. We can always hope for the best
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...ent_374397.htm

ISLAMABAD, April 26 (Xinhuanet) -- Pakistan is among 39 countries invited for a conference to be held in New Delhi on South-South cooperation for rebuilding Afghanistan on May 23 and 24, according to the official Associated Press of Pakistan (APP)
    Friday.

The conference, jointly organized by the Indian government and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) will be attended by China, UAE, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and others countries which will discuss issues on reconstruction of the war-ravaged Afghanistan in the framework of the South-South cooperation.

World Bank, UNICEF, IMF and Asian Development Bank are also participating in the meeting, which will have 23 observers, including the U.S., UK, Australia, EU, France, Germany, Italy,
    Japan and Russia.

Let The Peace Rulez

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited April 26, 2002).]

I agree on this one.
    For two centuries all countries around them are promising NOT to interfere with Afghanistan.
    It is time they made good on those promises.
    Since India is one of those, I feel all the countries should go into the question WHY they interfere in Afghanistan and try to work it out with them.

Comment

i hope it turns out to be a good meeting ...not like the arab ones.

Comment

Pakistan has afghanistan as its blood brother nation at one time. By bombing the crap of afghanistan via the americans musharaff has lost the western flank i.e pakistan was proteced on western front that has now been lost. And now is surrounded by potenial enemies.

Musharraff claimed pakistan first yeah right more like america first and pakistan the crumbs they lost more than they gained.

Comment

Originally posted by ak47:
          Pakistan has afghanistan as its blood brother nation at one time. By bombing the crap of afghanistan via the americans musharaff has lost the western flank i.e pakistan was proteced on western front that has now been lost. And now is surrounded by potenial enemies.

Musharraff claimed pakistan first yeah right more like america first and pakistan the crumbs they lost more than they gained.
          Atleast, Musharraf is doing his best as he can to make Pakistan's economy better and get rid of extremism and terrorism, which was actually sowed by stupid politicians. You people just know who to criticize people with their idiot mouth!

Pakistanis: Won't Do Anything. Won't Let Anyone Either

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited April 26, 2002).]

Comment

Paktiger

You fail to acknowledge my post has pakistan lost the western flank yes or no.

You are just supporter of musharraff no matter what anybody says. Pakistan economy is in disaster and musharraff has not improved the economy the money given to pakistan by america is just 6 weeks of the loan yes 6 weeks of the billions of dollars pakistan is paying back on intrest of a loan they paid over 10 times but the intrest makes them in vicious cycle of keep paying this intrest on the loan.

Musharraff is preparing to sell the entire utilities of pakistan gas, oil, pia, etc to foriegn companies this will make the people suffer beacuse these foreign companies will charge excessive charges which people of pakistan cannot afford.

So you are wrong he has not improved economy at all he is preparing pakistan for a big problem whcih is just around the corner. So you should look at the reality of what is going on and not be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by ak47:
              Paktiger

You fail to acknowledge my post has pakistan lost the western flank yes or no.

You are just supporter of musharraff no matter what anybody says. Pakistan economy is in disaster and musharraff has not improved the economy the money given to pakistan by america is just 6 weeks of the loan yes 6 weeks of the billions of dollars pakistan is paying back on intrest of a loan they paid over 10 times but the intrest makes them in vicious cycle of keep paying this intrest on the loan.

Musharraff is preparing to sell the entire utilities of pakistan gas, oil, pia, etc to foriegn companies this will make the people suffer beacuse these foreign companies will charge excessive charges which people of pakistan cannot afford.

So you are wrong he has not improved economy at all he is preparing pakistan for a big problem whcih is just around the corner. So you should look at the reality of what is going on and not be blind.
              I have some problems with argument....first of all the debt crisis is not the fault of Mush....he just came at a time when Pakistan was on the brink due to previous bad policies. Second the privatization is really good idea....first of all there is the accountability issue...private companies can ill afford to have rude and abnoxious staff working....so the common man may for once get some respect in Pakistan....second you say high prices....well if the Gov't still controls these utilities some in bad need for new equipment that money will come from taxpayer...so the people will pay anyways....second private companies are competitive..as such they will try to hire the best....thereby people who actually deserve the job will get them......teh fundamental problem of corruption...if you look at all countries with high corruption you will see a large government doing business in the private sector....if one entity holds too much power it leads to corruption....so the steps taken by Mush are in the long term interest of Pakistan...and I hope he continues...

------------------
              "Zindagi mein to sabhi pyar kiya karte hain.....meri jaan mein to maar kar be tumhe chahoon ga"

Comment

ak47, is it better to lose the western flank of the country or the country itself?

Musharraf was under tremendous prssure from USA, if he had gone against their interest, had the resultant been very pleasing for your country?

You cannot counter daisy cutters with ak47

Musharraf is an intelligent man, he understood this simple fact and here he is..alive and kicking unlike Mullah Omer who has now faded into oblivion.

Comment

Badshah

yes you are right about debt problem musharraff did not invent it he inheritied it, but he has to deal with it. And what he is doing is completly wrong he is getting more aid and and more loans this is disaster for country.

Privitisation is not good because the government will not have control thats the whole point of privitisation. And the people will suffer recently the gas prices have shown this, many people cannot afford even gas. Foriegn companies do not buy companies in pakistan for charity or good nature it for profit and they wil charge maximum they can out of these companies and belive me you will see the effect of this very soon people suffering now, in future will be much worse.

As for hiring the best did'nt wapda just sack thousands of employees so that they look attractive to forign companies. Privitisation causes many people to lose there jobs.

As for countries with lot of privitisation you think there no corruption look again lets take america as an example you heard about Enron, arthuer anderson, global crossing and now the whole of wall street under investigation for corruption and that is just this last 2 to 3 weeks. Corruption is rife in western world especially in the corporate world. In pakistan there corrution on the street level bye evn policeman. But to say privatisation gets rid of corruption is a false notion.

You also contradict yourself when you said if one entitiy holds too much power it leads to corruption, well mushhraff holds on to power like dictator and wants another 5 years!

Comment

Amitayus

it is not better to lose western flank are you crazy what country wants to give up any flank this is political suicide, for decades pakistan was protected along this flank they have lost it now and are very vunerable they have an enemy in india with 1 million soldiers on the eastern front border. They have a bitter enemy in the nothern alliance on the western front.

If musharraff was not a cham chaa and had vision, he could show the world look proove afghanistan committed bombing of twin towrs he had perfect opportunity to show the world, like a statemen that wopuld have the affect of turnign world opnion in his favour. What did he do instead behind closed doors said oh i seen evidence not showing anybody.

Secondly by joining afghanistan you have now 2 countries united, which america will find difficult to take on 200 million people. Tommorow if pakistan refuses a order to do something what will happen they will say ok pakistan terrorist they will go to india and start bombing of pakistan. So now pakistan in a total blackmail situation musharraff missed his opportunity but thats not surprsiing since he is 100% puppet of america and pakistans policy is now planned by US ambassador to South asia Christina Rocca. Look at pakistan today america is involved in every military sector even the prized nuclear assets america is involved and working to neutralize, you cannot even go to airport without risk of fbi searching you. the country has been sold down the river for 50 years pakistan worked so hard to get rid of the British raj today they welcoming the America Raj what is this!

Comment

AK47 My reply IN YOUR FACE. Talk about economy. Click on the following link. Haven't you check it yet?
                      http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum4/HTML/004025.html

Comment

And check this link too
                        http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?l...2100183635f2e2

Before replying me back, read the links with your OPEN EYES!

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                          I agree on this one.
                          Funny..
                          India doesnt want to talk over an issue that affects both the countries directly (Kashmir), yet they want to talk on Afghanistan?

Comment

AK47, reply me back if you can!

Pak-US To Set Up 20 Million Dollar S & T Fund
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=4&date1=2002-04-22

132 IT Projects Worth of Rs. 11 billion Launched
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=6&date1=2002-04-21

Cisco To Support Govt. In IT Sector
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=2&date1=2002-04-19

Bhutan's FM Appreciated Pak Progress in IT
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=15&date1=2002-04-07

Pak-Syria To Launch Joint Ventures In IT
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=14&date1=2002-04-03

Pak Ranked Third In World As CNG User
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=12&date1=2002-03-31

Japan Offered Coop. In IT, SME Sectors
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=2&date1=2002-03-14

US Report Praises Pak's IT Initiatives
                            http://paknews.com/main.php?id=3&date1=2002-03-01

------------------------------------

Take a deep breathe and start reading all the links, which I've provided to YOU.

Pakistanis: Won't Do Anything. Won't Let Anyone Either

Comment

What the hell is India doing heading the reconstruction of Afghanistan?

I swear, India reminds me of my ex-best friend. She just can't be left out of anything, har cheez mein bari bhee hona HI hai.
                              I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Working...
                              X