hindus in pakistan ..are they scure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hindus in pakistan ..are they scure?

there were reports on pakistani news papers on the safety granted to hindu temples in pakistan in the wake of Gujarath carnages.amnesty international and pakistan human right commision have always criticized various pakistani governments for their illtreatments of hindus and other minorities like christians ,ahmedians,sias,and sikhs. in india,what the general feeling is pakistani hindus are being treated in unhuman conditions,modesty of hindu women being molested ,hindus beinfg specifically targetted etc.but whats the real condition of hindus in pakistan???

sindh hindu leader sudham chand chawla was shot dead on 30th january this year and his death must be watched in the light of religious fantaic uprising in pakistan and his death folowed attacks against minority christians .

does it mean that hindus and christians in pakistan are nost safe any longer?their population has come down to 3% from a total of 20%in 1973 .

what do u think?

well, I don't see any stories of hundreds of Hindus being burned in Pak! Occasional violence happens everywhere.

Comment

their insignificant numbers itself protection
      against attack from majority. to be honest
      i dont want to live as a minority in both countries.

Comment

At least they are better than the Muslims in India. No one is killing them or Burning them. They are allowed to live there peacefully, practice their religion peacefully. I think that's a very good treatment considering they are living in a land which was created for the Muslims of the Sub-continent.

------------------
        AK

Comment

I dont see a problem with minorities in pakistan, as I have many from friends these minorities. i couldnt beleive when I was doing may masters in pak, in every batch there about 3-4 minority people in a class of 35 that more than 10%.

they do well and they are good friends. all of us were very close friends and still are. I dont know about anyother people I have my own experience, surely there is some racism in pak, but its not that extent that we would kill them or harm them in anyway.

------------------
          End is Begining!
          پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

racism towards christians and hindus is pretty low in Karachi ( I can't speak for rural sindh). Occasionally you have a few muslims who like to bicker about hindu practices and how muslim practices are superior, but otherwise, no one goes out of their way to make life miserable for any of these hindus/christian, etc. In fact, a great majority of them are thriving well and the ones that aren't, well, they're pretty much bums and they wish to stay that way (no different from muslim pakistani bums).
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

I don't diagree with the notion that perhaps very few incidents did take place against minorities I mean you will always have some exteremists in every nation...But it must be noted...that the Pak government excluding in the case of Ahmedis' has tried its best to protect the rights of minorities...and as well even the dirtiest of Pakistani politicians has not to my knowledge ever used the race card....As in the case of Advani and Modi..etc..

[This message has been edited by Bhadsha (edited April 18, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Bhadsha:
                I don't diagree with the notion that perhaps very few incidents did take place against minorities I mean you will always have some exteremists in every nation...But it must be noted...that the Pak government excluding in the case of Ahmedis' has tried its best to protect the rights of minorities...and as well even the dirtiest of Pakistani politicians has not to my knowledge ever used the race card....As in the case of Advani and Modi..etc..

[This message has been edited by Bhadsha (edited April 18, 2002).]
                do not u think large scale attacks havebeen taken place against minorities in pakistan?in 1992,following babari demolition there were attacks against hindu minorities across pakistan.the jain temple near punjab university in lahore was razed down.hunderds of hindu temples across pakistan were destroyed and many hindus were also killed.

again there were ttacks on christians.so what these things finger at?

Comment

because of numbers muslims of india play
                  a major role in indian election politics
                  when combined with dalits they can decide
                  which goveremnt rules the country.

Comment

Yes I do agree with you on what happened after the BAbri Mosque demolition....but exactly how many hindus were killed...I think the # was 0...comparing India and Paksitan on minority rights is futile...where Indian politicians have openly exassperated communal tensions...to where Pak leaders have always taken steps to protect the minorities.....

Comment

Sadas,

Even Muslims are not safe in Pakistan, recently brother of interior minister was killed and killers were not caught....and you are talking about Hindus???

FARID

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                        Sadas,

Even Muslims are not safe in Pakistan, recently brother of interior minister was killed and killers were not caught....and you are talking about Hindus???

FARID
                        well what the general trend is while highlighting the state of a specific community ,others are left behind.muslims are in brutal majority in pakistan and the minorities comprise only 3% of the totalpopulation in pakistan.

it means nobody can live safetly in pakistan?

Comment

how pakistani hindus describe themselves
                          this website provides some information
                          http://www.geocities.com/pakhindu/hindus.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bhadsha:
                            Yes I do agree with you on what happened after the BAbri Mosque demolition....but exactly how many hindus were killed...I think the # was 0...comparing India and Paksitan on minority rights is futile...where Indian politicians have openly exassperated communal tensions...to where Pak leaders have always taken steps to protect the minorities.....
                            Badshah ..thank u for ur response.pls check this link.

http://www.geocities.com/pakhindu/overview.htm

Comment

well I don't really see even in that article a real problem with minority rights....this ofcourse don;t include Ahmedis......and I personally am quiete saddend by the fact that the Jain temple was destroyed it does dent considerably Pakistans moral superiority....

Comment

Working...
                              X