What do you guys think of recent appearances by Musharraf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of recent appearances by Musharraf

I am a Musharraf supporter. But recently seeing Musharraf in Public rallies has kind of disappointed me.

He right now reminds me of Zia and his propaganda in in the 1984 polling. Listening to his speeches and following his rallies, I am having doubts about him being any different from all the politic dirt in Pakistan.

What do you guys think?

you are right AliBeta, he has got good press esp after 9/11, but he is the same as any other previous Pak ruler.

He has been in power for around the same amount of time as BB or NS, yet he says he needs more time.
    More time for the Army to milk the country!

His alliances with corrupt people amd lotas like Tariq Aziz and Chaudry Shujaat show what he 'plans' for Pak. All talk! All BS!

Comment

We have had many rulers in Pakistan who started off as real genuine, and somehow were forced into mainstream politics by their surrounding group of supporters and aides.
      Im semi-disappointed in Musharraf's politicking, and wish he had stuck to his military attire, even while serving as Preside, because thats what Pakistan needs right now for the near future at least...an iron hand, to control law and order, and to eliminate corruption from the core. But if he softens up and starts appearing in pagris and achkins a bit too much, he might lose that touch which made him successful in the past two years.

I hope he can retain his touch and not become a politician. That would be a disaster. Hes not cut out for that.

Comment

I agree with both of you guys! Mushraf appearance in ajkans and pagris gives him the image of the politicians we had in the past.

I also heard that there are billboards all over Pakistan for the referendum propaganda. Reminds me the days the days of Zia, Benazir and Nawaz. I sure hope Mushraf doesnt repeat what has happened in the past.

Lets wait and see though.

Comment

Give the guy a chance! Just because he wants to show the people that he does not mind dressing different does not mean hes going down the wrong road. As a person in his position you have to rub shoulders with all kinds of people be them corrupt or otherwise. Its the way of the world if you want to get somewhere, so long as he is sincere with regards to Pakistan and her people. He is the best thing to happen to Pakistan for a very very long time. Trouble with Pakistani people (just what I expected) is that they are to quick to judge, and never give anyone a real chance. The awam are TOLLA one minute and MASHA the next? So please guys for Pakistan's sake give him a chance!

Pakistan Zindabad!!!!
          Yesterday is but today's memory, Tomorrow is today's dream!

Comment

Why are you ignoring the fact that he has been in as long as BB or NS were, and they were judged from that period.

Comment

Well then you take over!
              Yesterday is but today's memory, Tomorrow is today's dream!

Comment

>>Why are you ignoring the fact that he has been in as long as BB or NS were, and they were judged from that period.<<

Chanda President is kinda being judged for his dressing style, I don't think he should address so many ppl, screaming doesn't suite him. BB and NS are being judged based on their looting and other criminal activities. There's a tiny lil difference if one cares to notice

Comment

When I saw him in flashy PagRee, with his constipated facial gestures, he came across as an idiot. The guy is willing to put on anything to fool people. He will even show up without clothes if that meant people would obey is dictatorial orders. His fate is going to be like other dictators before him. Insha’allah.

Comment

Disappointed.

I was hoping he would cling to his promises and not stay in office after a democratic elections. But I guess power has a lot of lust involved, not to mention the people around who would corrupt even an angel out of his innocence, and he was only a general.

Comment

I like the all the funny hats he has been wearing. Haven't heard from his accountant son in Chicago who wrote to say how different Mush was going to be. If Mush sticks around, who wants to bet on troubles in Sind and Balochistan?

Comment

Originally posted by OldLahori:
                        If Mush sticks around, who wants to bet on troubles in Sind and Balochistan?
                        How much?

Comment

His son lives in Boston not Chicago

Originally posted by OldLahori:
                          I like the all the funny hats he has been wearing. Haven't heard from his accountant son in Chicago who wrote to say how different Mush was going to be. If Mush sticks around, who wants to bet on troubles in Sind and Balochistan?

Comment

Originally posted by AliBeta:
                            His son lives in Boston not Chicago

His brother lives in Chicago Don't know whether he's elder or younger than Musharraf.

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

He needs to reach the masses to let them know he cares. If he stands up in a tie shoot suit, they're going to boo him out. The public there will turn up their noses at anything that talks or looks or dresses like the upper class (ie. americanized)

He needs to wear those pagris and those traditional outfits to reach out to pple.

remember, they are an uneducated crowd - he's got the educated and naik behind him, now he needs to convince the masses. And the government leeches that have been sucking out the life from pakistan - well, their opinion just doesn't count.
                              I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Working...
                              X