Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushy negative acts

Salamz ppl..

According to new news, 2 arab ruppes Pakistani will be spend as expenses on the Referendum..

Mushy shouldnt do this drama, and waste this money. It is decided that this referendum is a darama, and mushy will eventually win..

So whats the use of wsting this money ?/

moreover as we know the kalima chowk is the most busiest crossover in Lahore. It was proposed by the authority that a flyover Bridge is highly recomended to ease the traffic pressure at kalima chowk. BUT ur Beloved MUSHY rejected it, cuz country cannot afford the expenses..

so now can Country can afford hah??

Spending money for Jalsa at minar-e-pakistan was logical right.. Mushy is surely on the wrong track..

If he is wasting the countrys wealth now, when he is not legitimate ruler of the country, i wonder how he will use the money when he will be the legtimate ruler..

That is all.. PPL..

time to think..

------------------
    Dont think "you can" know "you can"
    .::. ¢¼ ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ ¢¼ .::.

Doesn't surprise me. Despite this many people will continue to close their eyes and say he is an honest leader who is developing our country....sigh :-(

Comment

Those who don't want him in office will come with every sorry excuse they can find. Those who would like him to stay will come up and an equally sorry excuse to legitimize his stay.

If he hadn't gone ahead with the referendum then his opponents - most political parties- would have chanted - 'he didn't have public support, so was scared to do referendum'. Now that he is going with one, they will argue that he is wasting countries money.

Anyway, if he wants to stay, he should take off his 'wardi' and contest the election like a civilian! The Referendum is a drama if you are already in office.

Comment

referendum is democracy.

And its a done deal. He's going in for the next 5 years not becuz he wants to and just took the position , but becuz Pakistanis want him to.

He's has done quite alot, much more than any other Pakistani ruler in a span of 2 or 3 years. You're not going to see better results unless if he stays in office for 5 more years. If he doesn't, some chor will come in and rob the country again. Already many are getting bechain that money is coming into the country and their grubby hands aren't on it.
        I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

The title of this thread is 'Mushy negative acts'. I think, the worst (or best) negative act by him so far is "The people can vote as long as I remain in charge".

Comment

at least with BB and NS, we could kick them out sooner or later, with this guy, we're stuck!

Comment

Originally posted by FlameZz:
              ...so now can Country can afford hah??...

The question is, can the country afford NOT to have President Musharaf in power?

Can you imagine the billions that had been looted by BB and NS. Can Pakistan afford to have these people back?

Anyone who wants to return to the previous way of democracy without the reforms that are taking place at the ground level, obviously is worried about their source of income gained through corruption.

[This message has been edited by 2bornot2b (edited April 10, 2002).]

Comment

Ya, but the point is Army men and politicians are all looting the country.
                One is not better than the other. Only diference is, like I said at least we can kick the elected one out sooner or later.

I have already said who I thought would be good, based on his time in office. However some didn't like this idea, not becuase he didn't do a good job for Pak, but simply because of where he lives!

Well, BB and NS lived in Pak their whole lives, does that mean we should favour them?!!

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                  at least with BB and NS, we could kick them out sooner or later, with this guy, we're stuck!
                  Well it would not make any difference if you would turn around and bring the same back.

Democracy in Pak means BB or NS period.. there is no room for any one else unless they are eleminated.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                    ...at least with BB and NS, we could kick them out sooner or later, with this guy, we're stuck!...

This is utter nonsense. If people don’t want him, they can vote NO in the referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by 2bornot2b:

This is utter nonsense. If people don’t want him, they can vote NO in the referendum.
                      As If they have a Choice of saying NO, Is Mushy going to step down ? Here is an Example :-

More unwilling participants than enthusiasts

It's just the beginning

------------------
                      AK

[This message has been edited by Asif_k (edited April 10, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                        Democracy in Pak means BB or NS period.. there is no room for any one else unless they are eleminated.
                        ..if Constitution of Pak say that we should have democracy and majority of the people think that too then why are we worried if NS or BB comes? If any other including Musharaf doesnt have guts to succeed then its the basic right of NS or BB to run tghe country..
                        Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                          Well it would not make any difference if you would turn around and bring the same back.

The bare facts of democracy in Pakistan have meant the 1988, 1990 and 1993 elections have given us leaders elected with just 15 to 20% of the votes of the (total) electorate. Our last election proved how enthusiastic the people were for the likes of BB and NS. There was only a 26% turnout, and of that only 11% voted for the Raja of Raiwind. So Nawazu had a mandate that did not have the backing of nearly 90% of the Pakistani people - that's how much the people loved these people.

If President Musharraf can get more votes a than these people did (which was not if we go by the figures) then he wil do ok.

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited April 10, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Degas:
                            ..if Constitution of Pak say that we should have democracy and majority of the people think that too then why are we worried if NS or BB comes? If any other including Musharaf doesnt have guts to succeed then its the basic right of NS or BB to run tghe country..
                            For one basic reason, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

P.S: Does the constitution of Pak also says to endanger the lives of passangers by not allowing the plane to land with only 10 minutes of fuel.

Comment

Quite frankly, if a person doesn't even vote, then he or she has no right to complain later on. No wonder, "to vote" is called our most important civic duty as citizens of the country.

I have no objections to Musharraf running as a President. Heck, I'd even vote for him, even if I'd have to do it by mail.

What I don't like is this referendum where there will be no other contenders. As a common sense option, if he wanted to legitimize his rule, he should have amended the constitution to make it direct presidential system, and then announced Presidential elections, where he can contest alongwith anyone else, and so people would atleast have a choice. He runs a fair campaign, delivers his message, and his promises to the people and show his track record. Anyone else contesting would do the same.

Then the people will make a choice. They will vote and if they like Mushy, he gets elected. Sure, there will be a few whiners here and there complaining about rigging and misuse of state machinery, but atleast it could have been called a form of "elections". This "referndum" is more like a stamp of approval where he is the sole candidate - bila-muqabila muntaqabb!

To spend 2 billion rupees to contest something where people really have no other choice, is probably a cruel joke.

Just for the sake of argument, lets suppose if there are four names on the ballot paper for President of Pakistan, who do you think will win?

1. Pervaiz Musharraf
                              2. Benazir Bhutto
                              3. Nawaz Sharif
                              4. Imran Khan

I don't think Musharraf will win, even though he enjoys broad support amongst the select few intelligentsia of our country, and on this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X