Punjab closed its own canals for a month to give water to Sindh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punjab closed its own canals for a month to give water to Sindh

Over considerable objections by its own farmers, Punjab government decided to give all water to Sindh. This is clear violation of the agreement on water-sharing and although Punjab farmers will be understandably unhappy, it seems Punjab govt took this move in the larger national interest and to help Sindh.

Now where are all those Punjab bashers, who keep posting all the time on these forum about how bad and evil Punjab is? I am very curious to get your views.

Source: The News

Because they are full of crap, they will hide and say this and that.

But this is a very good sign of brotherhood for our brothers who are 99% faithfull and loyal Pakistanis.

Comment

A good decision, by Pervais Musharraf..who asked Punjab Governor to release the water.
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

There might be starvation deaths in southern punjab if water is not released soon.

Comment

cant we have moderations in our policies?

Comment

This is why i have no sympathy for people who hate Punjab and Pakistan. They wont post anything except one line statments, while they will post complete essays when something they define as a violation of Sindhi rights is concerned. The fact is that certain people just want a reason to hate, a hate based more on ignorance then reason.
            Hopefully this is another step in the right direction, a slap in the face of Punjabi Bashers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan Toora:
              cant we have moderations in our policies?
              We cant be any more moderate then this, if Sindh isn't given every drop of water, they will start *****ing again. With the water shortage, we cant make everyone happy, someone has to get hurt. Its drastic decisions like these which have to be made.

Comment

FARID... BADSHAH bhaaiiiii
                Where are you?????

Comment

Well, dont want to sound biased, but didnt there come a reply from one of the consultants from a federating unit that the sole reason why Punjab was showing this gesture of generosity was that it has already utilised its share of the water allocated to it. But if thats to the contrary, does anyone have any facts and figures to prove it or something of the sort or we just can go on accusing one or the other!
                  Can any one shed some light on this aspect of the news that was reported!

Comment

Originally posted by Rbee:
                    Well, dont want to sound biased, but didnt there come a reply from one of the consultants from a federating unit that the sole reason why Punjab was showing this gesture of generosity was that it has already utilised its share of the water allocated to it. But if thats to the contrary, does anyone have any facts and figures to prove it or something of the sort or we just can go on accusing one or the other!
                    Punjab must have a time machine to utilize their share ahead of time.

Warp 5...... Engage...
                    Captain Kirk:
                    Scotty where is all the power you promised me?

Scotty:
                    Aeee captAn I am worrrking on it.

Sindh:
                    Where is all the water you promised me?

Punjab:
                    Oye kirah pani, koi pani wani nai hey..

P.S: Hope me punzabi was gooooood

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                      Punjab must have a time machine to utilize their share ahead of time.

Warp 5...... Engage...
                      Captain Kirk:
                      Scotty where is all the power you promised me?

Scotty:
                      Aeee captAn I am worrrking on it.

Sindh:
                      Where is all the water you promised me?

Punjab:
                      Oye kirah pani, koi pani wani nai hey..

P.S: Hope me punzabi was gooooood

Well just for the record, water is measured in cusecs, and the downstream flow of water is monitored by the concerned department on each and every outlet to the river. It is highly possible that due to high outflow of the canal and due to increasing the level of the gate height above water, the designated cusec quota of water can be consumed earlier as well.
                      I guess that you ought to keep in touch more with general knowedge rather than making a failed attempt at making people laugh!

Comment

Well just for the record, water is measured in cusecs, and the downstream flow of water is monitored by the concerned department on each and every outlet to the river. It is highly possible that due to high outflow of the canal and due to increasing the level of the gate height above water, the designated cusec quota of water can be consumed earlier as well.
                        I guess that you ought to keep in touch more with general knowedge rather than making a failed attempt at making people laugh!

Please don't try to teach me about water flow and measurements. We use to own large farm lands, Lot of my friends are still farmers.

A picture is worth a thousand words here take a look at water stealing punjabis.
                        http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum26/HTML/002386.html

Comment

As far as i know, the water is still needed in Punjab. I am pretty sure that since there is a prevailing drought affecting the entire area, Punjab couldn't have possibly gotten all it wanted. They fact that Southern Punjab is going to be the ultimate victim illustrates this fact. They have already raised their concerns over the fact that they will not be getting thier share of water. So obviously, Punjab still needs water. The reason they gave up the water to Sindh is because Sindh had been complaining over a lack of water for Months now. Its seems rather drastic to shut down all the canals for so long. I dont think this was a step taken lightly by anyone in Punjab. I personally do not feel it was because they used up all their alloted share of water. But if anyone can prove me wrong, please do.

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited March 19, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:

Please don't try to teach me about water flow and measurements. We use to own large farm lands, Lot of my friends are still farmers.

A picture is worth a thousand words here take a look at water stealing punjabis.
                            http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum26/HTML/002386.html
                            What does this link have to do with Punjab?
                            You make no sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
                              What does this link have to do with Punjab?
                              You make no sense...
                              Its the pic of a dead human in Punjab due to drought.

Comment

Working...
                              X