Pakistan boosts security around Hindu temples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that Muslims in Pakistans aren't ignorant like the people in our Neighbouring country and respect and protect the beliefs and rights of our Hindu Pakistani Citizens!

We dont put up a secular face! But Insha Allah rights of our Pakistani Hindu and other minorities rights will be respected and protected!

This report is from Jang!

(Updated at 1145 PST)
    KARACHI: Police were Friday deployed around the temples of Karachi's small Hindu community for fear of attacks triggered by communal bloodletting in neighbouring India.

"Although no demonstration has been announced, the police force has been deployed around temples as a precautionary measure," said Tariq Jamil, the chief of police in Karachi.

[This message has been edited by AliBeta (edited March 01, 2002).]

That's a great move. Any idiot trying to exploit the situation should be dealt with an iron fist. Whatever, happening in India is sad and we must not allow that effect to snow-ball across the borders.

Comment

A good move by the govt. indeed! Last time when the Babri Masjid incident happened, many such riots occurred in Pakistan. I hope this time it will not be the case. And this time Pakistani Muslims will hold on to their Islamic values of peace, forgiveness & tolerance.
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I dont think it is the matter of Patience and forgivness. Pakistani Hindus are Pakistanis and thats the bottomline we should respect the beliefs and Faith. Thats what Islam teaches us! They dont have anything to do with what is happening in India! So why should we make them feel unsafe in there own country! I hope that our fellow countrymen practice what is taught in Islam and no such incidence happens. If it does their wouldn't be any difference between us and our neighbour.

Comment

Well there is a good side to Muslims and Hindus both.

From what I have seen, Muslims and Hindus live together. I don't mean just peacefully, I mean with full respect for each other's beliefs.
          Practically, it is just that Muslims tend to be better friends and more conservative in their customs.
          I am glad Pak GOvt. is doing this.

Comment

And I wait for the day when protecting religious places will not be necessary. It is only common sense. Hopefully we as a nation will wake up one day and won’t see each other as Hindus or Muslim, only just as another azhole.

Comment

With reference to the countless number of discussions we have had on India's so called secular face, I declare victory on behalf of everyone who believed that India was ruled by a 'Ram Raj'.

Comment

hindus are insignificant minority . it is
                better for pakistan to protect shias ,ahamedis isamailes and christians.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                  Well said.

Comment

But hindus are the Pakistani minority currently most deserving of additional police resources.

History has shown that when communal violence flares up in India, extremists in Pakistan do not target Ahmadies, Ismailis, Christians or Shias. They target Hindus and Jains.

Hence it is logical that under current conditions, far more police resources are allocated for the protection of Pakistan's Hindus, despite their smaller numbers. Of all the religious groups in Pakistan, the Hindu community is currently living under the greatest danger.
                    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                    Al-Ghazali

Comment

This statement is absurd...

You are just sayiing this because your so called secular setup in India has failed miserably and the recent death toll of Muslims prove that...

Comment

thanks to pakistan administration

in 1990 too similar step was taken by the pakistan authorities and pakistan armed guards protected hindu temples..

but in 1992 many hindu temples were burned down.. (jain temple near to punjab university was also burned down that time along with hundreds of other hindu temples..and later pakistan administration allowed funds to repair the destroyed temples)...

whatever it is,it is a good move by the authorities...thanks..

Comment

it was an irresponsible statement,let me tell u... how u can exclude hindus alone from the society of pakistan when they play a very crucial role in pakistans society.hindus living in sindh(especially in karachi ,thatta and jacobabad)contribute alot and play prominent roles in the economic and social structures of sindh...

RVIKZ i do not know on what intention u passed this remark.was that to state other communities like ahmedians,shias and christians in pakistan are in danger...?

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:
                            But hindus are the Pakistani minority currently most deserving of additional police resources.

History has shown that when communal violence flares up in India, extremists in Pakistan do not target Ahmadies, Ismailis, Christians or Shias. They target Hindus and Jains.

Hence it is logical that under current conditions, far more police resources are allocated for the protection of Pakistan's Hindus, despite their smaller numbers. Of all the religious groups in Pakistan, the Hindu community is currently living under the greatest danger.
                            yes ..true my friend...well said

and in the present scenario hindus are the most vulnerable for being targetted by the communal elements in pakistan.

Comment

forget pakistani hindus they really dont matter cause they are hardly in numbers
                              hindus are prosperous and doing good business in places like dubai,other gulf states,indonesia and malaysia which are muslim dominated countries here in gujrat muslim business were speacially targetted by bjp led mobs
                              the non resident hindus are the major backers of bjp i think its time they get the same treatment in muslim countries

Comment

Working...
                              X