President Musharraf and Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Musharraf and Bush

Below is an excerpt from the joint Press briefing of Both US and Pakistan Presidents.

At the End of his Introcductry speech President Mush says Thank You, Sir (Which is OKAY, may be not)

Now - President Bush - Being a TEXAN comes back with - 'Good JOB'

So what do my Pakistani friends on this forum think and say about this ?

PRESIDENT MUSHARRAF: .....I look forward, Mr. President, to your visit to Pakistan, where a warm and cordial welcome awaits you from the people of Pakistan, who hold you in the highest of esteem.

I thank you, sir.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you, Mr. President; good job.

PRESIDENT MUSHARRAF: Thank you.

------------------
    AK

Really desperate for attention, arent you?

Comment

was 'good job' accompanied with a pat on the back of mushy?

Comment

LOL

Ok, the thread is bound to be a battleground for Mushy bashers and lovers!

Asif_k, I would be interested if you can get the expert from other world leaders & their press conferences with Bush! It will keep things in perspective. No?
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

and dubya was embarrased during his election campaign because he could not name genral musharaff
          strange things happen

Comment

Must we make big issues out of very minor and unimportant things not worth discussing? Asif, havent u got anything better to do?

Comment

Akif - Doesn't 'STICK TO THE TOPIC' rule apply to the moderators too ?

ZZ - I didn't watch the press conf. I was reading the transcript. So let's contribute to the topic instead of beig sarcastic.

Ahmadji - I dont think it's a Mush bashing thread, and I am sorry If you got that impression from my post. I hold General Saheb in good esteem most of the times .

I will try to find and post other world Leaders' joint press conf with Bush.

------------------
              AK

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                Must we make big issues out of very minor and unimportant things not worth discussing? Asif, havent u got anything better to do?
                SPOCK,
                And aren't you the same people who were Hurt when he called PAKISTANIs as 'PAKIS' ? Wasn't that a minor and unimportant thing ?

So, Please contribute to the topic in a positive way.

------------------
                AK

[This message has been edited by Asif_k (edited February 15, 2002).]

Comment

I apologise on behalf of Asif_K bhai and all Indians.
                  Somebody saying 'Good Job' to you is not at all bad!!
                  My manager used to say it to me when I completed the project on time.
                  I myself said to many programmers who work for me

You know I am one of those people who believe Indians and Paks should bury the hatchet once we cross the sub-continent.

So here's my unslicited advice to Perveez Mushraaf.
                  He should take a written Testimonial from Dubya while Dubya is in a good mood.
                  Who knows he may need it.
                  The way Pakistan works, whoever rules Pakistan needs to have his passport in his pocket. Who knows, you may start for London or Riyadh anyday

Comment

Originally posted by Asif_k:
                    Akif - Doesn't 'STICK TO THE TOPIC' rule apply to the moderators too ?
                    I would, if there were a viable topic to be discussed here.

Andhra "noone pays attention to indian forums so i'll go to a Pakistani one" bhai.

Thank you for your sincere and kind advice. I will be sure to pass that on to President Musharraf. Youre just mad coz nowadays Bush cant pronounce the name of the indian pm, much like he couldnt name the Pakistani leader 6 months ago.

Comment

Okay Ahmadji, As Promised - Here are some of BUSH's Joint press conferences - Now you can post your views.

Bush-Vajpayee Press Conf.
                      Bush-Karzai Press Conf.
                      Bush-Blair Press Conf.
                      Bush-Putin Press Conf.

Akif - No, it wont hurt me even If Bush forgets Vajpayee's Name, because It will show his Ignorance, But it seems that it has hurt you too much that's why you cant participate in the discussion and keep diverting the attention of other members also.

Please contribute to the thread positively - I have put my valuable time and effort in posting the above links.

------------------
                      AK

Comment

I heard Musharraf got tipsy at the state dinner. Does anyone know anything about it?

Comment

You may have invested your valuable time in fishing up these links, but what is it that youre trying to draw attention to here? That Pres Musharraf said 'Sir' to Bush, and others didnt? And that Bush said good job, so that in any way demeans Musharraf?

Make your point first, and then perhaps others will have a direction to follow. So far it seems to be nothing other than plain spite and jealousy, for whatever reason. Make a point first.....preferably one that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                            You may have invested your valuable time in fishing up these links, but what is it that youre trying to draw attention to here? That Pres Musharraf said 'Sir' to Bush, and others didnt? And that Bush said good job, so that in any way demeans Musharraf?

Make your point first, and then perhaps others will have a direction to follow. So far it seems to be nothing other than plain spite and jealousy, for whatever reason. Make a point first.....preferably one that makes sense
                            I say thank you sir to my manager, peers and subordinates every day. I don't know whats the big deal here. You find out please feel free to let us all know.

BTW today last comment of my manager to me was "Good summary, have patience sir" I think I should celebrate.

Comment

Akif, Why would I be jealous of Mush or anyone ? What am I going to get out of it ? If you have an iota of sense left in you then you will realize that whatever I might feel, but It definately is not jealousy - because If Pakistan benefits out of it and becomes a better nation then it will be good for me and my country as well.

Since you cant read the Obvious - Here it is what I am trying to point :-

What has General Mush done to be treated like that ? From day one (since 911) he has put himself in trouble and helped US in every possible way, which you know better than me. Tell me one thing - Is Bush smarter than General Saheb ? Or Is he more educated than General Saheb ? Or Is he elder than General Saheb ? That General Who is the Head of Army gets a Salute from even the Head of his state is calling BUSH 'Sir'. And, believe me, It is okay If someone is saying it casually - You should have seen General Saheb's Body Laguage in this entire trip. Dont you find Bush telling him 'Good Job' as Offensive ? Bush should and Must appreciate General Saheb and Thank Him for his efforts in a better way and not like a headmaster treates a school boy . It's Bush who should be greatful to General .

I hope it makes sense to you. If this doesn't then nothing will

------------------
                              AK

Comment

Working...
                              X