Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sk Omar accepts responsibility for Indian Parliament attack

Omar takes responsibility for strikes inside India

Discussing the shooting incident inside the Indian parliament building which had left 17 people including five unidentified attackers killed on December 13, Sheikh Omar is understood to have offered police officials the real identities of the Kashmiri militants who had stormed the Indian parliament with an aim at making Indian parliamentarians hostage to seek the release of all Kashmiri freedom fighters from Indian prisons.

Omar, who languished in Indian prisons for about five years after being arrested on kidnapping charges in New Delhi in 1995, is now spending time in Pakistani lockups lecturing his police investigators about the physical torture that is being given to the arrested Kashmiri militants by the Indian police in interrogation centres all across India.

Sheikh Omar said the militant who gave his life while exploding a bomb-laden car just outside the state parliament building in Srinagar on October 2 was "more than a brother to me". Omar said the deceased suicide bomber was a Pakistani who had devoted his life to the freedom struggle in Kashmir.

More than 30 people were killed and about 100 wounded in the explosion outside the parliament building. The incident was in series of suicidal bombing called Fidayen attack in the Indian held Kashmir.

Throughout his interrogation Sheikh Omar continued to repeat that "thousands of people were now ready in India and Pakistan to sacrifice their lives to free Kashmir from India and to turn Pakistan into an ideal Islamic state." Three senior police officials have separately confirmed that during his interrogation Pearl kidnapping suspect Sheikh Adil -- cop who had taken two years leave from the police intelligence wing to participate in Jihad in Afghanistan -- repeatedly asked his interrogators to let him go on a suicidal mission anywhere in India. "Adil argued that instead of making a case for death sentence against him, he should be allowed to go on an unspecified suicidal mission in Kashmir," informed a police official. "He is damn serious about his task."

Similarly, Salman Saqib -- second suspect in the Pearl kidnapping case, who proudly shows the bullet wounds on his body from his gunbattles with Indian soldiers in Kashmir, is also "least diplomatic", as one police officials described, in proving his commitment to Kashmir. "Why do you want to penalize me when I am prepared to give my life. Instead of killing me in Karachi let me be killed doing some thing great in Kashmir," Salman baffled his interrogator who was using usual Karachi police techniques to extract information from him at an interrogation cell last week.

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/feb2002-d...main/main4.htm

i wonder what circumstances this 'confession' was given under.

Musharraf will stop at nothing to satisfy his inferiority complex in the face of America, his colonial master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather:
      i wonder what circumstances this 'confession' was given under.

Musharraf will stop at nothing to satisfy his inferiority complex in the face of America, his colonial master.
      had he given that confession under no duress, then u would be defending his actions.

so what is ur point, anyway?

Comment

Working...
      X