Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President bans Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Mohammad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President bans Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Mohammad.

A good move. Religious groups should stick to promoting religion and education. As well as tolerance for other faiths. But if they promote sectarian discord and thus undermine the national fabric of Pakistan, they should be banned.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/

President bans Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Mohammad

President Pervez Musharraf on Tuesday banned two rival Islamic groups often blamed by authorities for sectarian violence, said sources.

He announced the ban on the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and the Sipah-e-Mohammad in a speech to heads of newly elected district councils on Pakistan's 54th independence day anniversary.

"I warn the TJP and Sipah-e-Sahaba that I will not hesitate to ban them if they are involved in any terrorist activity," he said to loud applause by hundreds of people attending the meeting.

good job Musharraf!

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Now hold your guns, he just said .....

Originally posted by Malik73:

" I will not hesitate to ban them if they are involved in any terrorist activity,"
      there is nothing about he already banned...

Malik....pleeez

------------------
      Remember, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
      بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
      بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

MiniMe I heard it myself on the PTV English news. He has banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Mohammad outright.

The statement you mention refers to the TJP and Sipah-e-Sahaba. Musharraf is saying that if they carry out terrorist activites, they to will be banned as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
          MiniMe I heard it myself on the PTV English news. He has banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Mohammad outright.

The statement you mention refers to the TJP and Sipah-e-Sahaba. Musharraf is saying that if they carry out terrorist activites, they to will be banned as well.

Their activities are banned within Pak. they still have a free hand to kill Indian terrorist in Kashmir.

Comment

i dont think any of these named organizations take part in Kashmir. not even sipah-e-sahabah. about time they got banned.

Comment

First of all I dont agree with banning anyone who believes differently. But that does not mean that ciminal actions should not be punished.

I would have been happier if Mushaaraf had ordered his Police and Intelligience agencies to take appropiate action, and jail those who have criminal acts.

The rest is just talk. Look what he said:

"I warn the TJP and Sipah-e-Sahaba that I will not hesitate to ban them if they are involved in any terrorist activity,"

He simply warned that he will not hesitate banning them... Wah wah.

And the press reports that He has actually banned these organizations.

Have I missed something? Is there some different dialect of English in Pakistan???

[This message has been edited by Tanhaa (edited August 14, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by mundyaa:
                i dont think any of these named organizations take part in Kashmir. not even sipah-e-sahabah. about time they got banned.
                May be that is the reason why they got banned and rightly so.

Comment

For those who are too slow in understanding what Malik73 (and the President) said, here it is... pay close attention. There are four organizations we are talking about.

1. Sipah-e-Sahaba : Warned
                  2. Lashkar-e-Jhangvi : Banned

3. TJP : Warned
                  4. Sipah-e-Mohammad : Banned

Got it? Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:

For those who are too slow in understanding what Malik73 (and the President) said, here it is... pay close attention. There are four organizations we are talking about.

Got it? Good.

------------------
                    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:

Got it? Good.

Go Pristine Go! (and of course M73) Spot on.

Comment

Weldone Musharaf . These organisations were given enough time to correct themselves, but woh kahtein hain na keh LATON KE BHOOT BATON SEH NAHI MANTE.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Tanhaa:
                        First of all I dont agree with banning anyone who believes differently. But that does not mean that ciminal actions should not be punished.

I would have been happier if Mushaaraf had ordered his Police and Intelligience agencies to take appropiate action, and jail those who have criminal acts.
                        [/QUOTE]

Tanha,

There is difference between thinking differently and terrorism. These organisations were involved in sectarian killings and bombing of mosques. They train people for making bombs, assignation, etc. Now this knowing this do you think this organisation should not be banned and just criminals should be jailed? What will be happen after the criminals are jailed? They will train more. So actually what govt will be doing all the time is "Filling up" the jails with dangerous criminals.

------------------
                        "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

ya.. a gr8 job done by the president.Its very dangerous..no one in the past touched those ppl as they r very dangerous but the man we r talking about here is a courageous and daring man.
                          And Tanhaa jii I think they should be banned as Lasker-e-Jhangvi accepted that they murdered PSO MD.so they r not preaching their beliefs but what these organizations have been doing is just killing each other ppl(sunni and shiyyas I mean by ppl)and bombing mosques is or anyother place should not b tolerated.And this first step should be appreciated.This gives encouragement to the govt and discourages groups.(every1 knows that none of these 4 have ever participated in jihaad or relief works)
                          Haan agar some1 wants to just aitraaz just for the sake of it then as they say"tu aata ghondte huwe hilti kyoun hai"is enough reason to put an argument.
                          Moreover no newspaper has said that all 4 have been banned.ever1 knows that laskerjhangvi and sipah Muhammadi have been banned and the other 2 warned.Banning means u have considered it(officially)disbanded and next time u can grab them individually easily.and this was just a message to all such orgs.
                          Well some good programmes have been announced and indicators r showing hope.
                          May Allah help Pakistan and the ppl working for the betterment of our beloved country and help us so that we b able to make out motherland invincible and economic power in the region.
                          ------------------------------------------ http://www.dawn.com/2001/08/14/local2.htm http://www.dawn.com/2001/08/14/index.htm
                          "Pervez Musharraf bans Jhangvi group and Sipah-e-Mohammad group: Islamabad , Aug. 14: President General Pervez Musharraf today banned two Islamic groups involved in sectarian killings in the country. In an address to local councillors in Islamabad, Musharraf said the activities of the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi group and Sipah-e-Mohammad were hurting national cohesion. Musharraf said the activities of their political patrons, would be monitored and warned of severe action if they were found supporting terrorism. (DPA) ( Posted @ 23:30 PST )"

Comment

How will the ban be enforced ?

What will the government do when the next victim gets shot or the next mosque gets blown up ?

Was there any mention of the enforcement policy in the speech ?

ws

Comment

You guys make excellent points about the doings of these organisations. May be desparate situations require desparate measures. I will have to think about this.

I want Pakistan to be state where freedom of speech is guaranteed without jepardizing the rights of others to live peacefully. This is a very difficult situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X