Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Musharraf contest elections?

I have a question.

Cant President Musharaf contest elections? Is there any law against it? Aftertall, he has done so very well for Pakistan and his hat is so much adorned with colorful feathers, and I am sure people would be more secure to vote for him, than those used and fake coins, which our country is so full off!!

any constitution expert?

I think he does not need to contest, as he is President already. However, even if he decide to contest, he can stand up as independent or make His own Party (liek gen Alsam Baig). And have doubts that he can be defeated by MQM.

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited January 20, 2002).]

Comment

MQM wins in Karachi????

After all the bloodshed and terror they've contributed to Karachi, do you honestly expect these people to govern a city, moreover a country, with a blood-LESS regime?
      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

PyariCgudia

who r u to judge who should govern any city or country? why not let the ppl elect who they want to elect?

To others,

Musharraf's main purpose in being president is to make sure that defence budget keeps increasing, and no one denies army the right of running the foreign policy and nuclear policy. why should he take the risk of running elections, when he can get it thru compromising with BB or other ppl?

Comment

President Musharraf is doing a great job of controlling terrorists. Check out the weird terrorist activities here:
          http://www.geocities.com/sipahisahaba/

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited January 24, 2002).]

Comment

No and he should not.
            He is a military man.
            Not a politician.

------------------
            Ours is not to reason why;
            Ours is but to do and die
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Does not matter if he is a military man or not!

He is leading the country in the best way possible like Ayub Khan. He is a nice and liberal guy and he knows how to handle the terrorists and eliminate them. He will win elections if he goes for it.

Long Live Musharraf
              Long Live Pakistan
              Hell with Sipah-e-Sahaba
              Hell with Taliban!

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited January 24, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
              X