No announcement yet.

speech to the Pakistani people that will change the history of this country."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speech to the Pakistani people that will change the history of this country."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1749314.stm

i hope this will pave the way to solve the kashmir problem.

The Kashmir problem will only be solved when the Kashmiris are given a voice and allowed to vote on their future.

At the moment, there is no independent media or observation teams allowed in the area, which suggests that only a heavy army presence of 700,000 paramilitaries can keep a terrorised population cowed down. The problem won't just go away.

Comment

...... well i hope so too

Comment

Originally posted by Judge^MentuLL:
        The Kashmir problem will only be solved when the Kashmiris are given a voice and allowed to vote on their future.

At the moment, there is no independent media or observation teams allowed in the area, which suggests that only a heavy army presence of 700,000 paramilitaries can keep a terrorised population cowed down. The problem won't just go away.
        I agree, Kashmiris must be given a choice, and the right to self determination.

you said there are no indepedendent agencies allowed in Indian controlled Kashmir. How is it that a lotof Pakistani sources point to Amnesty International reports in Kashmir ?

Isnt Amnesty Intl allowed in Kashmir ?

Comment

Change history, they are dreaming.
          I doubt he will say anything new.
          If he does i will eat my hat.
          Too much fanfare is not good.
          Esp. not at this time.
          Second you can never trust these goray leaders.

------------------
          Ours is not to reason why;
          Ours is but to do and die
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

No speech or law can change history of country. It will take a long time to put everything in its place.

I think speech will address current issues on such as lawlessness and sectrisiam. Lets wait and see.

Comment

The President is likely to announce the closing of madrassas that just preach an extreme interpretation of Islam, and he may take action against some religious fanatics who have acted against the interests of the federation.

He may publicly state what everyone believes in private - ie - there is no room for extremists in Pakistan. Thats something everyone (with the exception of ziaul haq and nawaz sharif who were right wingers themselves)have believed yet have rarely had the guts to state in public and activate the same as a policy decision...so thats probably what we`ll hear.

Comment

The west is placing pressure on the CE through all this fanfare on his speech.
                If they build up expectations in the western population, and he doesn't deliver, Pakistan will be in trouble.
                Because we will be seen as rigid and not doing anything to help the situation.
                Of course that is when the Indian PR starts saying that the CE is not doing enough.
                Too much emphasis is being placed on this speech.
                Nothing good will come of this if the CE can't deliver.

------------------
                Ours is not to reason why;
                Ours is but to do and die
                You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                X