One step in wrong dircetion.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One step in wrong dircetion.....

I was very disappointed after reading in Jang London, that Musharaf Govt is recruiting the religious leaders to run the help ministry of religion. I simply cannot understand why one statement govt speak loudly about taking action against hard-line fundamentalist and extremist and then next day the statement come from one department that government is “consolidating” with religious groups and leaders. One day I read the statement from Musharaf that extremist and people protesting on street are very few and represent minority (less then 5%) and will take “strict” action” against these groups creating law and order situation and making the life of “silent” majority a difficult. The next day I see statement from CE or his ministers that Govt is “engaging in dialogue” with religious groups and trying to defuse the situation.

On other hand the fundamentalist groups become more and more violent and rebellious in their action. Last time government started taking action against fanatics, they kill two senior directors sending shivering in govt departments. Only two groups were banned (and how affective this ban is yet to be seen). The more recently when Interior minister loud criticise the religious groups saying the “govt cannot be handed over to Qaid- pass people” the religious groups responded by murdering his brother in Karachi.

If the members of govt and their relatives are subject to these brutal attacks, I cannot see any reason why a ordinary men would like to risk his or his family members by condemning these groups.

It seems that our govt and leaders have not learned the lesson from history and from the speeches of Qaid-E-Azam. It is clear that Qaid-E-Azam wanted administration to be free from any religion. The words of Qaid-E-Azam were so clear on this subject and I quote here;

Now, I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.
    ………….
    You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed – that has nothing to do with the business of the State

The Pakistani’s as nation has seen in last 10-12 years the results of forgetting the Golden Principles of Qaid and experimenting with the state and laws of the state. It is very unfortunate that as nation and specially the government has not learned that lessons from the past and still perusing the trend and culture of introducing the religion in state affairs and laws.

The present situation is shine example of failure of adopting such system. Thank to our “laskers” and “Jaish” past statements and tactics, the Kashmir Freedom struggle is now being labelled as separatist movement supported by Pakistan. The whole world is sympathise with India and sees Pakistan as supporters of terrorism. We haven’t lost everything yet, but if present government refuses to tackle core issue in our own country, then I fear future is bleak and more bad times are ahead of us. May god save our country Pakistan? Ameen.
Working...
X