Free Judiciary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Judiciary

Freedom of the judiciary and the press have been at the highest level I have ever seen in Pakistan. Heres another testament to that, even though on a personal level Id like to see this man rot in jail for the rest of his life for what he has done to Pakistan, but Im glad justice is being served.

Asif Zardari's release orders issued http://www.dawn.com/2001/12/27/top15.htm

KARACHI, Dec 26: The release orders of Asif Ali Zardari, spouse of the former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, who has been granted bail in all cases against him, were issued on Monday by the courts after surety bonds were furnished in the last three cases on his behalf.

Two surety bonds, each in the sum of Rs1 million, were furnished for his release in the Mir Murtaza Bhutto murder case and another two, each in the sum of Rs25,000, in two separate cases, both pertaining to alleged suicide attempt by Mr Zardari were also furnished.

A sessions court of the district East issued the release orders of Asif Ali Zardari in the Mir Murtaza Bhutto case, and a judicial magistrate of district South ordered his release in the suicide attempt case.

According to Farooq Naek, one of the counsel for the husband of the former prime minister, his client should be released as he has been granted bail in all cases against him.

There are 13 cases against Mr Zardari, who was arrested on Nov 5, 1996, at the Punjab Governor House, following the dismissal of Benazir Bhutto government by the then president, Farooq Leghari.

His counsel said if his client was arrested in any old reference, filed during the Nawaz government, it would be malafide and political victimization to obstruct the release of Mr Zardari.

Asif Zardari, who was initially detained under the Maintenance of Public Order, was first arrested in the Murtaza Bhutto murder case in November 1996, after the high court set aside his detention under MPO.

Later, he was charge-sheeted in the container case, Justice Nizam murder case, attempt to commit suicide case, Alam Baloch murder case, SGC reference, ARY Gold reference, tractor reference, Sajjad Ali murder case and Polo Ground reference.

His counsel told Dawn that he had been granted bail in as many as 10 cases and in three cases he was not arrested.

Mr Zardari was booked in 11 cases during the Nawaz Sharif government. He was booked in the Polo Ground reference and indicted in the Sajjad Ali murder case after the dismissal of the Nawaz government.

Munawwar Soharwardi, a leader of the Pakistan People's Party, told Dawn that the release of Asif Zardari was expected very shortly as the surety bonds of the bails, obtained in all cases, had accordingly been furnished. "We have fulfilled all constitutional and legal requirements for the release of our leader," he said.

Hampf I don't like this freedom thing at all! I hope they get him for something else now.

Comment

This is a natural result of the perversion of justice by the Nawaz Sharif government, and it's attempts to lock BB and spouse up. Had the Sharif government followed the natural and legal process these two would be locked up, without a doubt on their trial and convictions. As it is we will most have to get them charged again and tried again for these crimes. I'm sure there is ample evidence to lock them up for a long while if a fair and legal trial ensues. Anyway Zardari is only being released on bail, and these charges have not been dropped.

It is ironic that under a military-led government the Pak judiciary as achieved it's highest level of freedom and independence. Kudos to President Musharraf's government.

Comment

Personally i would like the guy to rot in hell as quickly as possible.

------------------
        Ours is not to reason why;
        Ours is but to do and die
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

He's back in jail again.

Asif Zardari formally arrested in BMW case

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited December 28, 2001).]

Comment

Excellent news!!!

------------------
            Ours is not to reason why;
            Ours is but to do and die
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
              He's back in jail again.

Asif Zardari formally arrested in BMW case

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited December 28, 2001).]

Please call him Mr. 10 percent and why don't BB divorce the SOB. I hear he played a big role in her downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:

Please call him Mr. 10 percent and why don't BB divorce the SOB. I hear he played a big role in her downfall.

Yes I have never quite understood why Benazir is prepared to alienate her family and core supporters, by staying married to this thieving hoodlum.

Comment

Working...
                X