Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE SCORE SO FAR: MOSCOW 10; WASHINGTON 2

http://bigeye.com/foreignc.htm

"Bombing Afghan civilian centers was absolutely unnecessary. The only real military targets offered by Taiban were its entrenched troops facing the Alliance. It was remarkable that Taliban managed to withstand five weeks of carpet bombing by US B-52's - particularly, as one columnist in DAWN wryly noted, Pakistan gave in to the US after only a threatening phone call from Washington."

What if Pakistani leaders have used thier brains and some how restrained Americans for carpet bombing on civillian population.

Sincerely,

FARID

How would that 'some how' be then?

This has been discussed countless times here but okay lets take it again

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited December 12, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by sabah:
      How would that 'some how' be then?
      How About threatening US that Pak will be supporting Afghanistan in this war, if US doesn't stop its bombing. Of what use is the so-passionately-called (by Pak itself) Islamic Bomb, if a phone call is enough to threaten a nation. That infers that even with a nuke you have no lever in a war.

Comment

To show spine, you must have one in the first place.
        I don't understand why any pakistani should complain about their leaders taking orders from US now.
        It has been thus for a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by dhir:
          How About threatening US that Pak will be supporting Afghanistan in this war, if US doesn't stop its bombing. Of what use is the so-passionately-called (by Pak itself) Islamic Bomb, if a phone call is enough to threaten a nation. That infers that even with a nuke you have no lever in a war.
          the nukes are meant as a deterrent only for india, otherwise there was no need for them in pakistan. it makes no sense to think of pakistan to have threatened the US with a nuke. pakistan is not a military match for the US, and hence the conclusion that pakistan didnt have a choice in this regard. however, if india were to use such tactics against pakistan, rest assured, india would be slapped with a backhand.

if we are talking about spines, lets talk of indias, or the lack of it. who does india take orders from? ussr for ages, and once ussr got dissolved, it was russia, and now usa. india was waving its rear in americas face when the war started without having been asked for it. indian political system is as corrupt, if not more corrupt than pakistans. the fact that india has been a democracy all along doesnt mean anything coz that democracy has been worse than dictatorship in many cases.

Comment

"ijjat", now whats that? Some Indian term for offering its bases to USA when they were neither needed nor requested. Or is it when Indian Prime Minister's request that USA declare Pakistan a terrorist country was summararily discarded. I am sure, its one of these two. Yes, my friend, Indians are full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cute4NR:
              the nukes are meant as a deterrent only for india, otherwise there was no need for them in pakistan.

I don't mind agreeing to what you say, but then you should stop calling it an Islamic Bomb, as all of you do, in order to give a flase sense of pride to other islamic nations, if it cannot be used to help them.

it makes no sense to think of pakistan to have threatened the US with a nuke.

Nukes are nukes, whether India or US all are afraid of it. If US can be so afraid of Osama laying a hand on a nuke, however crude it may be, why can't Pak threaten it. And I am not saying threatening it with war, I am just saying that Pak could have taken a stand not to support US in its unjustified attack on Afghan people (without putting forward any proofs). I am sure whole Islamic world would have been with you cos Pak is a major Islamic country with greatest military power of them. If you are going to pee in pants on a phone call then the world is forced to call you spineless (the whole world says pakistan did a 180 degree turn on Talibans on the behest of US).

pakistan is not a military match for the US

Was Vietnam a match for US? Is Osama a match for US or is Mullah Omar is? By your logic, all of them should meekly kneel in front of US might following your example.

[b]and hence the conclusion that pakistan didnt have a choice in this regard.[/B}

So Pak was supporting Talibans only to attack India indirectly using the Islamic mujahideens all over the world to meet its own objectives and not for Islam. But as soon as US says its wrong, Pak readily agrees. What a spine.

however, if india were to use such tactics against pakistan, rest assured, india would be slapped with a backhand.

So you agree if someone is of proportionate power challenges you, only then you will fight. Suppose (hypothetically) India becomes a major player (economically and militarily) will you kneel like you did. Or is that your bravery is reserved only for India.

india was waving its rear in americas face when the war started without having been asked for it.

I think there was no need to ask for it. We are not Pakis who are to be threatened with dire consequences to help the coalition against terror. We are one of the victims of Pak-sponsored-terror and a good number of Islamic jihadis (so-called) are working in India to disintegrate it so India offering all help to US is like birds of a feather flocks together condition. But Pak on the other hand did a U-turn. You may infer yourself.

indian political system is as corrupt, if not more corrupt than pakistans.

Still we try to work towards improving it rather than one of the generals taking over and telling the people that I am your elected leader but there will be no elections to elect me.

the fact that india has been a democracy all along doesnt mean anything coz that democracy has been worse than dictatorship in many cases.

At least we choose the people who lead us, unlike you where leader chooses with a stick in his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                http://bigeye.com/foreignc.htm

"Bombing Afghan civilian centers was absolutely unnecessary. The only real military targets offered by Taiban were its entrenched troops facing the Alliance. It was remarkable that Taliban managed to withstand five weeks of carpet bombing by US B-52's - particularly, as one columnist in DAWN wryly noted, Pakistan gave in to the US after only a threatening phone call from Washington."

What if Pakistani leaders have used thier brains and some how restrained Americans for carpet bombing on civillian population.

Sincerely,

FARID
                Even the loss a single innoscent lfe can not be justified.....

Comment

Well said,
                  Indeed the notation of right or wrong have no place in here. Although I as an Afghan hated the Taliban and their fallacy interpretation of Islam and think their departure will be a blessing to holy Afghanistan. But allow me to admit that they stand for their principal(no matter how wrong it was) and ideology against not only the world’s only super power but all the powerful nations of the world.
                  Mullah Omer just said NO, not only to the Americans but to the Paki that had supported him. He stick to his words tell last, although If he wanted he could get American's recognition of his regime and Billions of dollars in economical aids just like Paks. But no he did not sold his principal(although it was foolish to protect a crazy Murderer Camel) and thus he deserve lost of esteem for it.
                  I personal thing, that the only reason Afghanistan has existed in her long bloody history is because people will not sell their principal, even if they are slaves like Taliban were of ISI!
                  That's why they say “You can rent an Afghan but can not buy him.”

Originally posted by dhir:
                  [b]Originally posted by Cute4NR:
                  the nukes are meant as a deterrent only for india, otherwise there was no need for them in pakistan.

I don't mind agreeing to what you say, but then you should stop calling it an Islamic Bomb, as all of you do, in order to give a flase sense of pride to other islamic nations, if it cannot be used to help them.

it makes no sense to think of pakistan to have threatened the US with a nuke.

Nukes are nukes, whether India or US all are afraid of it. If US can be so afraid of Osama laying a hand on a nuke, however crude it may be, why can't Pak threaten it. And I am not saying threatening it with war, I am just saying that Pak could have taken a stand not to support US in its unjustified attack on Afghan people (without putting forward any proofs). I am sure whole Islamic world would have been with you cos Pak is a major Islamic country with greatest military power of them. If you are going to pee in pants on a phone call then the world is forced to call you spineless (the whole world says pakistan did a 180 degree turn on Talibans on the behest of US).

pakistan is not a military match for the US

Was Vietnam a match for US? Is Osama a match for US or is Mullah Omar is? By your logic, all of them should meekly kneel in front of US might following your example.

and hence the conclusion that pakistan didnt have a choice in this regard.[/B}

So Pak was supporting Talibans only to attack India indirectly using the Islamic mujahideens all over the world to meet its own objectives and not for Islam. But as soon as US says its wrong, Pak readily agrees. What a spine.

however, if india were to use such tactics against pakistan, rest assured, india would be slapped with a backhand.

So you agree if someone is of proportionate power challenges you, only then you will fight. Suppose (hypothetically) India becomes a major player (economically and militarily) will you kneel like you did. Or is that your bravery is reserved only for India.

india was waving its rear in americas face when the war started without having been asked for it.

I think there was no need to ask for it. We are not Pakis who are to be threatened with dire consequences to help the coalition against terror. We are one of the victims of Pak-sponsored-terror and a good number of Islamic jihadis (so-called) are working in India to disintegrate it so India offering all help to US is like birds of a feather flocks together condition. But Pak on the other hand did a U-turn. You may infer yourself.

indian political system is as corrupt, if not more corrupt than pakistans.

Still we try to work towards improving it rather than one of the generals taking over and telling the people that I am your elected leader but there will be no elections to elect me.

the fact that india has been a democracy all along doesnt mean anything coz that democracy has been worse than dictatorship in many cases.

At least we choose the people who lead us, unlike you where leader chooses with a stick in his hand.

Comment

Afghans are afghans.. and their loyalties lie in money and nothing else.

Pakistan had been trying to formalise the border with Afghanistan with the Taliban.. But even the country which had been financially supporting them till the US campaign started got the short end of the stick when Pakistan was told to stick it where the sun don't shine by Mullah Omar.

I am quite sure the Taliban had become for Pakistan what Hammas had become for Israel - after all Hammas was created by the state of Israel to counter the PLO of Yasser Arafat...

Hammas and Taliban - Extremist theocracies have come back to bite the hand that fed them.

Pakistan saw the chance to distance itself from the "no honour" Taliban as soon as it saw a chance. When you deal with the devil.. only outside interventioncan save you.

Comment

blackzero,

Don’t want to repeat here whether Taliban was right or wrong. One thing which bothers lots of Pakis that when Taliban was so arrogant and supporting OBL, for at least five years, why Pakistan did not break with them a long time ago? Why it has chosen not only to isolate but provide all the help to US to crush them after 911. Does it make sense to you? Don’t you think Pakistani leadership is more responsible for genocide of innocent people, than any one else?

FARID

Comment

The Pakistani top leadership was hoping against hope that the Taliban would amend its ways and turn over Osama as well. Of course the Islamists in Pakistani government had other reasons for supporting Taliban.

Just a glimpse into the internal struggles of Pakistan. Na idhar ka, na udher ka.

Comment

Working...
                        X