Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US wants embassy closed..and it is closed now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US wants embassy closed..and it is closed now...

America wants Taliban embassy closed

WASHINGTON, Nov 21: The United States has told Pakistan it no longer sees any reason for the Taliban embassy in Islamabad to stay open, US State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said on Wednesday.

The US had previously acquiesced in Pakistan's decision not to close the embassy because it was a useful conduit for contacts with the Taliban on the fate of two Americans detained in Kabul for Christian proselytizing.

The two American aid workers, with two Australians and four Germans, were freed a week ago after the Taliban lost control of large parts of Afghanistan.

Boucher said: "We've been talking to the Pakistani government about this. The decision in the end is for them to make."

Pakistan has already closed down the Taliban-run missions in Quetta, Karachi and Peshawar.-Reuters
    http://www.dawn.com/2001/11/22/top12.htm
    and its closed now...
    Pakistan to close Taliban embassy: official sources - ISLAMABAD, Nov 22: Pakistan has decided to close the Taliban's embassy in Islamabad, cutting the Taliban's last formal diplomatic contact with the world, cabinet sources said today. "The decision has been taken and it will be announced soon," an official source said, requesting anonymity. Foreign Minister Abdul Sattar informed the cabinet of the decision during its meeting Wednesday under the chairmanship of President Pervez Musharraf, the source added. (AFP) (Posted @ 13:45 PST)
    ww.dawn.com
    our masters told us to close it and the next day we obeyed.....we are great slaves arent we? guess how many doggy treats we will get for this...

What else is new? Yesterday, I read somewhere that Americans are raiding every cargo ship in Pakistani waters. Wherever, it applies, Americans bend rules in order serve their own interests.

Comment

This is so embarrassing I cannot belive the mentality of this pakistan government. How low can they go, don't they have any honour or shame left. Slavery lives in the year 2001

Comment

Yess sar boss ....me sar be cleaning the latrine naw boss.

Comment

no maybe the best response would have been to let Jamat e Islami or Ht types run the country. They sure know how to manage things and be strategic

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yeah , lol maybe they do.

Comment

ThandayMazaq thanks for recording the process of Pak Government obeying His Master's Voice so accurately.
              After this latest round of Humiliation Pak army will do well to go back to barracks.
              If I were a Pak Army establishment guy, my thoughts will run like this.
              'See if only Nawaz Sharif was there and took the decisions we took,we could have staged a coup and looked like saviours. A good military rule is a proxy military rule. Let's get Benazir back!!'

Comment

I think you ppl are too harsh on Musharraf without any rhyme or reason.

What else could he do in this "With us or with them" ultimatum? He has to run a state with precarious financial conditions, worsening foreign ties, increased isolation in world community.

It is very easy for some arm-chair generals to sit in front of their PCs, sipping coffee and indulge in cyber bravedos. But running a state, that too a state bogged down with n number of problems with virtually no breathing space is a different ball game.

What will the Musharraf achieve by keeping open the embassy of an international pariah that has become a spent force? Zero, zilch.

On the other hand, if he obeys Uncle Sam, he will get soft loans, waivers and concessions for Pak industry. He did what a logical man is supposed to do.

Mind it, altho' I'm an Indian, I'm speaking this from a neutral point a view.

Comment

Its hard for Musharraf to do everything what american wants. but thats what every government has been doing in past. Its nothing new for Pakistan. Well you can make decsions independantly if you are not depending on anyone else. unfotunatly we do depends on fogeign investment and aids. Frist get rid of this then talk about anything else. He is doing what he suppose to do for the best of interest of the country. Movlies just talks Qazi Hussain's own son graduated from USA, (why doesnt Mansoora or any pakistani institute is enough for his son specially when he hates america too much).

------------------
                  End is Begining!
                  پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                    ThandayMazaq thanks for recording the process of Pak Government obeying His Master's Voice so accurately.
                    After this latest round of Humiliation Pak army will do well to go back to barracks.
                    If I were a Pak Army establishment guy, my thoughts will run like this.
                    'See if only Nawaz Sharif was there and took the decisions we took,we could have staged a coup and looked like saviours. A good military rule is a proxy military rule. Let's get Benazir back!!'

and get a sense rether than just throwing hate based "poisonous Bakwas".

Take care of your obliging "Gangdhized" nation instead, which in every field in USA are the most obliging nation I have ever seen.They R ready to take and do any dirty thing to oblige thier masters if not sure look into your "Greeban" and look around those "indians" around you as you R living in USA.And if you got some sense and shame be honest afyter tomarrow's observation.

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited December 04, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                    X