Pakistan and/or Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan and/or Islam

In another thread I asked the question that our first loyalty should be to what? The answer was “Pakistan”. But my argument is that Pakistan came in to being because of Islam. Had there been no Muslims there wouldn’t have been Pakistan. So how come the reason of being can be superseded by any other thing. Take Islam out of Pakistan and I don’t see anything. So the question is can nationality become that strong that its leads you away from the Ummah? Or is nationality a tool to govern.?

If you see closely all the Islamic countries (when I say Islamic it means with majority Muslim population) are in some way or another following the western form of governing the state, where the state is apart from the religion. Take Saudia for example, declares it self as an Islamic country. While the royal family plays the role of state and the Al-Sheikh family plays the role of leading religious school. The shria law (Justice system) and the ministry of Islamic affairs (Awqaf) are headed by the al-Sheikh family. While the monarchy, which is totally against shria, is headed by the al-Saud. So what’s keeping this relationship? Its self interest, nationality, and identity created by the al-Saud.

In Pakistan the constitution says that sovereignty belongs to Allah and the state is called Islamic Republic, but the process of pushing the state away from the religion has resulted in very few modern interpretations of Islamic law, and almost separating the state from the religious doctrine. The religious parties are serving their own interest. While on the other and our current leader (solely representing the state) went ahead and said, “Pakistan is a moderate Islamic country” I wish if he can explain that.
    Calling any body and everybody who talks about religious doctrine a “religious leader” has become a norm, and it is used as a negative point. I need to know that in a country based and created in the name of religion, why shouldn’t be there any religious leaders. The holy prophet (PBUH) was a religious leader, the four Khulfa-e-Rashedin were all religious leaders. So why cant the head of the state be a religious leader as well?

In a related issue the question was asked if Pakistan should join Afghanistan. If you check that, you would see how deep rooted the national sentiment is. With in a few generations the nationality has become so dangerously important.

But everything starts with a theory…

Originally posted by Pristine:
    In any case, from a purely theoretical viewpoint, Islam doesn't have any concept of these boundries, so all muslims are one ummah. Equally important is to keep in mind that economic reasons should never hinder such decisions, otherwise why did the wealthier West Germans ever accepted to merge with desperately poor East Germans?
    بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
    بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Minime, all the politicians and Mullahs will tell you that Pakistan was created because of the religion of the majority who lived in what is now Pakistan. It is totally not true. If that were the case, Bangla would still be part of Pakistan. It was created more out of mistrust of some with the other mainly based upon ethnicities. Religion was used as a tool then as it is used today. The only difference is that Politicians of yesteryear did not shove it down everyone’s throat (or at least not as deep) like Politicians of today.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
      Minime, all the politicians and Mullahs will tell you that Pakistan was created because of the religion of the majority who lived in what is now Pakistan. It is totally not true. If that were the case, Bangla would still be part of Pakistan. It was created more out of mistrust of some with the other mainly based upon ethnicities. Religion was used as a tool then as it is used today. The only difference is that Politicians of yesteryear did not shove it down everyone’s throat (or at least not as deep) like Politicians of today. [/QUOTE

i agree .pakistan is more worried about
      "kashmiris" than rest of the muslims in india
      who are more than the population of pakistan

Comment

Working...
      X