If Dictatorship Had Never Ruled Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Dictatorship Had Never Ruled Pakistan

Here is the link to another article by Eric Margolis on Afghanistan.
    http://bigeye.com/foreignc.htm

“Pakistan. On 10 September Pakistan was branded by the US as a borderline terrorist state run by a BAD military dictator, Gen. Musharraf, who backed Taliban and had lots of EVIL Islamic friends. By 12 September, however, Pakistan had become a heroic ally in the crusade against terrorism. Pakistan shamelessly ditched old ally Taliban, and handed over the country for use by the US military. Musharraf, now GOOD, is hailed in the west for courage and vision, though a big percentage of his people seem to heartily disagree. Before getting somewhat elected, President Bush couldn't even name Pakistan's leader when asked by a reporter. Now, Bush and Musharraf are new best friends.”

I wish dictatorship had never ruled Pakistan. It has resulted one disaster after another. Pakistan military particularly ISI shares the major responsibility of killing of thousands of innocent civilian of Afghanistan and creating and demolition of Taliban. Military of Pakistan has proved time and again it is not for their own country to serve. They are slaves of super power and wants to make every Pakistani its slave. After Taliban are gone so are the Mullahs, the Kashmir problem would become redundant. For God sake send military to barracks where they belong. How much bloodshed will you allow by allowing these retards to screw up the whole country? Let people of Pakistan decide who will rule the country through fair and impartial elections. The first amendment in constitution should be capital punishment for the adventurers and renegades who try to topple the elected government.

Sincerely,

FARID

I wish dictatorship had never ruled Pakistan. It has resulted one disaster after another. Pakistan military particularly ISI shares the major responsibility of killing of thousands of innocent civilian of Afghanistan and creating and demolition of Taliban. Military of Pakistan has proved time and again it is not for their own country to serve. They are slaves of super power and wants to make every Pakistani its slave. After Taliban are gone so are the Mullahs, the Kashmir problem would become redundant. For God sake send military to barracks where they belong. How much bloodshed will you allow by allowing these retards to screw up the whole country? Let people of Pakistan decide who will rule the country through fair and impartial elections. The first amendment in constitution should be capital punishment for the adventurers and renegades who try to topple the elected government.
    Oh yes we should be rather proud of ppl like Bibi and Nawaz. C'mon man, at least he has done sensible work compared to these two above. Especially in nation interest.

------------------
    • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

If military hadn't ruled Pakistan, the feudal lords would have.

The key is to get rid of both these elements, not just side with one considering them a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:

These are some bitter pills which I have to swallow. I always thought that it was better to have a military government to run Pakistan but when I really look into the matter then I see that nothing has been done in those military days. I mean on one hand we have got a military government who can do whatever they want and on the other we have a democratic government who is tied down by so many rules and not given a chance to survive.

I used to hate Bhutto, BB and Nawaz sharif but the events that I have read again and inquired about made me think that there is something fishy going on in our country.

------------------
        bol keh lub azad heiN teray, bol zaban ab tak teri hai

Comment

an excellent article posted by Farid

Comment

It would have been a haven.

Comment

"US Strategy - Carpet bomb'em back to the 4th century, waste bin Laden, and get the hell out before the BAD GUYS in turbans win.
              "

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by who---me:
                "US Strategy - Carpet bomb'em back to the 4th century, waste bin Laden, and get the hell out before the BAD GUYS in turbans win.
                "

LOL!
                Kudos to Eric Margolis

Comment

I think it depends on who the leader is!

Look at Mahatar of Malaysia or Mao (sp?) of China -- though not perfect leaders, and not truly military dictators, they accomplished what a true changing 'democratic' government would have not been able to achieve in those years. Yes a perfect one would have!

I am a big fan of Ayub but Zia gave Army a very bad name. Mushraff is doing a good job so far, though long term only time can tell.

Some say, Democracy has to start from somewhere, and I agree!
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Musharraf, has forced its way into power and as such his government is illegitimate. Besides persoanlly i think he is a very very average fauji whose knowledge base is quite humbling, topped by the fact that he thinks of himself quite exaltedly as is evident from his statements. He idealises ata kamal turk of all people and probably views himself in that light.
                    I personally have respect for Zia because unlike msuharaf he was an observing muslim and all that and that made a mark for Pakistan in the muslim world largely through his involvment in the afghan war. But his government was illegal and under his rule all the civillian progress of Paksitan halted. By now we should have had a solid base for private sector, political and economic institutions but because of *******izing the army with politics, the prime progress paksitan made is in millitary.
                    Even if this musharraf is sincere and all he has absolutely NO right to stay in power. There is no way we can start from scratch regarding our poltical outlook. 53 raw years have passed.
                    Besides he is very unfortunate to have been in power during this fassad. But ironically the good thing is, Pakistan's stance on afghanistan right now would be seen as the decision of one man, not a mandated legislature. After this ****ty war is over and Taliban remains intact, mushy will have to take the fall.... that is in the best interest of Paksitan, if there is any glimer of hope remaining for the confederacy of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Comment

Mushy already plans to stay as president and conduct elections..

Power in Pakistan can be sooo addictive. Everyone thinks of themself as the next savior for an already stricken lot.

zia introduced us to this religious fanaticsm hell.. an overzealous mushy may drag us to an overly liberal, clueless society robbed of their identity.

either way.. we are screwed till we elect more educated people and not just based on baradaree.
                      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Lately I saw the grim face of Musharraf while coming out of airplane after most embarrassed tour for any head of state. His visits to Britain and US were totally disaster. US continue to disregard any of agreement and doing just opposite what Mush and Bush earlier agreed upon. Every Pakistani including Mush knows that US has always left Pakistan in lurch at the time of need. Then why in the hell Mush went to Britain and US in the first place? The visit was totally flop and disgraceful for Pakistani President.

“Bharhay Bay Aabru Ho kar Tere Kooche se Ham Niklay”

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

>>>Every Pakistani including Mush knows that US has always left Pakistan in lurch at the time of need. Then why in the hell Mush went to Britain and US in the first place?<<<

As they say in Pakistan (if I get it right) "Chapar maiN rahen or magarmuch say aaRh"?

Why should we take 'phuda' with someone who is ten times bigger & stronger than us ... and already is very angry & provoked.

IMO Mushy knows exactly what he is doing. Keeping Pakistan out of trouble! (in the short term anyway)
                          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Farid,

You would prefer having people like nawaz sharif rule the country wouldnt you?He brought more damage to our nation during his two terms in power than all theother rulers of Pakistan put together.

While I agree,that dictatorship is not the way our nation should be governed - you have to look at the alternatives. People still praise Ayub Khan - why do you think that was the case? Same goes for General Musharaff. Only the extremists and the wannabe jihadis are pissed of at him - the rest of the country is happy with the way he has conducted himself during this crisis.

Pakistan has had to suffer 11 years of dictatorship from zia-ul-haq was a devil disguised as a military ruler.Same goes for Yahya Khan.But in the middle you have had people like Ayub and Musharaff who have done a good job in comparison.

If we had good politicians,then maybe we would have had a better comparison to make and we could say that even Musharaff and Ayub did a poor job - but thats not the case. Not one politician has come close to serving the nation as they should.

ZA Bhutto started of well but later began settling personal scores and went on a crime spree - Junejo was a puppet who could`nt go to the loo without asking zia if it was ok - Benazir had everything going for her - except her arrogance and the crook Zardari - and Sharif was the dumbest, most incompetent, and corrupt leader in the history of not only Pakistan but the Sub-Continent.

So look at all these FACTS before you bad mouth the Army - (which by the way, protects your butt when you go to bed each night )

------------------
                            Salams,

Yasir.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasir -:
                              Farid,

You would prefer having people like nawaz sharif rule the country wouldnt you?He brought more damage to our nation during his two terms in power than all theother rulers of Pakistan put together.

While I agree,that dictatorship is not the way our nation should be governed - you have to look at the alternatives. People still praise Ayub Khan - why do you think that was the case? Same goes for General Musharaff. Only the extremists and the wannabe jihadis are pissed of at him - the rest of the country is happy with the way he has conducted himself during this crisis.

Pakistan has had to suffer 11 years of dictatorship from zia-ul-haq was a devil disguised as a military ruler.Same goes for Yahya Khan.But in the middle you have had people like Ayub and Musharaff who have done a good job in comparison.

If we had good politicians,then maybe we would have had a better comparison to make and we could say that even Musharaff and Ayub did a poor job - but thats not the case. Not one politician has come close to serving the nation as they should.

ZA Bhutto started of well but later began settling personal scores and went on a crime spree - Junejo was a puppet who could`nt go to the loo without asking zia if it was ok - Benazir had everything going for her - except her arrogance and the crook Zardari - and Sharif was the dumbest, most incompetent, and corrupt leader in the history of not only Pakistan but the Sub-Continent.

So look at all these FACTS before you bad mouth the Army - (which by the way, protects your butt when you go to bed each night )

I agree with Fareed here.

Only Bhutto was the person who ruled without any army;s invlovement and dictation. All other civilian rulers (like BB and NS) were taking dictation from army rulres. NS was in fact the creation of army to neutralize sindh factor by BB.

It is high time that army go back to its barracks. Even if Musharraf holds elections, army will be behind the scene, platying its terrorist games in Afghanistan and India, and usurping ppl's taxes money to enhance military power.

We need complete elimination of Army from non-military role. We should also decrease our military expenditurte, and hold peace talks with India. Let Kashmiris take care of their freedom. they dont need our infiltrators and military backing. They have just seen how the military has betrayed Talibans, colored their hands in Afghna blood. Next time, it will be Kashmiris blood, whoc knows. Army will do whatever USA wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X