• Show
Clear All

Wendy to Fast During Ramzan

This is a new one

Courtesy :

The News http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/nov20...main/main7.htm

Wendy to fast during Ramazan

By our correspondent

ISLAMABAD: US Ambassador to Pakistan Wendy Chamberlin disclosed on Monday she had vowed to fast from dawn to dusk, as Muslims do, during the holy month of Ramazan.

She revealed her decision at an Iftar Party hosted by her at her residence for diplomats, selected media persons and Muslim US citizens in Islamabad. Saudi Ambassador to Pakistan
    and some US diplomats were also present.

Welcoming her guests at the Iftar, Wendy Chamberlin made a brief speech and said she was so impressed with the spirit of Ramazan, the spirit of self-sacrifice and giving up eating and drinking during the day, that she had decided to fast for the entire month.

The ambassador served a typical Pakistani Iftari to her guests including dates, Chola chat, Pakoras and Samosas. Later the dinner also consisted of Pakistani dishes. The ambassador said she would travel to Lahore to visit a textile factory which exports its products to the US so that the message could be sent that Pakistan was not affected by the war in Afghanistan and that US companies should resume normal business with Pakistan.

I first chuckled but if she is genuine about it then good on her. Maybe she will lose a bit of weight in the process as well?

Comment

Well, for Wendy it is just another diet programme. She might lose some weight too.

Just look at the propoganda by the US. Even using diplomats now for marketing purposes.

Comment

also pakistan wants nice christmas gifts
        from santa.

Comment

y do these American diplomats keep insulting the collective intellect of Pakistanis? She can marry OBL, we simply don't care. She should mind her own business.

Comment

I guess she needs to lose weight!!!

------------------
            Ours is not to reason why;
            Ours is but to do and die
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

A nice gesture from a diplomat. Good political sense. I dont see anything wrong with that.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Well when she starts doing seri and reading namaz .....i'll be happier.

Comment

and I suppose we may freak a little if she starts hosting "urs" for Laal Shahabaz qalander complete with qawaals and all
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

In somewhat related news, I read in the New York times today about the new 34 cent stamp that is on Sale. It reads Eid Mubarak in both Arabic and English. The Post Office is doing a big campaign to make sure that it is sold overwhelmingly. As Fraudz indicated, these are gestures in a positive direction. We donít need to be so cynical of the motives behind these gestures. In terms of losing weight, my experience is that those who fast eat like a forbidden animal when breaking their fast, so the weight loss argument makes little sense.

Comment

I can't comment on the motive of Wendy Clark, but this political gimmick is not going to earn the sympathies of the Muslims. Same thing yesterday; Bush invited some Muslims over for Iftar in order to show his solidarity, however, none of the invitee's had courage to stand up to Bush and question his show of compasionism towards Muslims, bringing crimes of US in Iraq, denial of rights to the Palestineans and the list goes on.....This is all crap.

Comment

I dunno sympathies but does promote better relations. As I said its a goodwill gesture. If you cant accept it sure, others will.

Comment

Very crude I know, but who else thinks Mushy's knocking her off...and she gots religion??

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                            I first chuckled but if she is genuine about it then good on her. Maybe she will lose a bit of weight in the process as well?
                            Well, if she eats at iftaar time, the same way we do, then there is slim chance of losing weight. All those deep-fried stuff can wreck major havoc with any diet plan. I have always gained a few during the holy month, even with all the calories we purportedly burn during the taraweeh. I guess trying to reverse this trend is turning out to be a losing battle, even this time around.

Comment

These empty gestures are nothing without aqeedah.

Comment

Working...
                              X