Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we revive Pakistan so that it can be the leading nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can we revive Pakistan so that it can be the leading nation?

In the question I wrote Pakistan but in this case it could be any country.

So what is it that leads to revival?

Good economy? Military? Application of Islamic laws? Other religion's laws? Anything else?

Please give your reasons also and examples.

btw, This is only for people who are interested in having a debate to solve problems and not for those who only pass insults and no solutions. They are no help to us or to themselves.

Please stick to the topic and before anyone says, the answer is not khilafah but then again if anyone thinks it is then present your case. There are no right or wrong answers. Whatever we conclude will be the strongest opinion and the right answer.

[This message has been edited by scarface (edited November 13, 2001).]

Quite a lot of things woulf figure into that.

Firstly, education.At this point of time,its people in the middle class and upper class who have access to the best education in the nation.The children of the poor,who in most cases are far more intelligent and hard working than you, me, or any one of us, rarely get an opportunity to show what they can do.Government schools are breeding grounds for pangas and gangs rather than education.So there has to be a serious effort to improve the quality of education in public schools, as well as allow proper funding to those institutions in order to attract better teachers.

Its just a matter of managing resources - we have everything we would need - we just need to learn how to manage our assets.

Secondly, deporting all illegal alliens - by force if neccesary.Most of them are afghanis,arabs and bengalis.All of them need to be sent home.

When a country can provide for all its population then it can look at allowing refugees and immigrants - till then send them home.

Sharif ruined the nation by bringing politics into every institution of the nation.Instead of having the highest regard for the judiciary,people have turned to the only institution that commands respect - the Army. The judiciary has to be respected the same way.

By improving education,security,and law in the nation - you can improve economic conditions and bring stability into the nation and the economy.

Pakistan's economy needs to be managed with a lot of care - we should maintain our defense budget - and fund education, however by allowing more access to foreign companies we can bring much needed capital into the economy.While alloing easier access to the Pakistan market,we need to work to improve existing access for Pakistani gooods abroad.There is a lot of demand for them,and with improved marketing management,we can even increase our share.

All of this has never been disputed.We've simply not had the people to do so.Politicians have disgraced themselves time and time again.Find an honest politician - and watch what happens.

Comment

DISCIPLINE

EDUCATION

HEALTH

RELIGION-MORAL

LOYALTY -NATIONALISM-PATRIOTISM

I dont know how quickly ,but willing to listen input how to reach thses goals.

------------------
      Bik Gaya Jo Woh Kharidar Nahi Ho Sakta

Comment

Two words.. TECHNICAL EDUCATION.

For additional sawaab shove the Mullahs into Afghanistan and seal the border.
        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Only one thing, Justice.
          Justice, in all its aspects without any distinction between the rich and the poor, the high and the low and the haves and the have-nots!

Comment

C'mon ppl how come you have forgotten our Quaid's lesson,
            Faith, Discipline and unity.
            The only thing is implementation of these parameters in thier spirits with full sincereity and honesty.
            I think education and education is the only solution.

Comment

mm10 who provides the education where do you get the funds, buildings etc from. Since pakistan spends like 50% of its gdp on debt servicing and something like i belive 20% on defence theres not much left for education.

Comment

I think we need good economists to run the government. Does anybody know the names of any Pakistani economists - so I can read up about them?

Discipline would help. But that is easy to instil - make everybody do national service.

We also need pride in ourselves and respect for ourselves - so that we make our own decisons about where we should go from here. I find, firstly, that a lot of people want to be white or be like europeans and, secondly, a lot of them compare themselves to Indians. I find both these behaviours very immature.

Just "education" is not enough. We need to know what sort of education. Anyway most people have a TV, so they could be educated through that - it should be really cheap.

After we have all decided what is best for Pakistan, I think that we should do something practical to apply it.

Comment

Strengthen its economy!

------------------
                  • na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!
                  Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif1924:
                    mm10 who provides the education where do you get the funds, buildings etc from. Since pakistan spends like 50% of its gdp on debt servicing and something like i belive 20% on defence theres not much left for education.
                    Thats what My message is more budget for education, and all the other stuff you asked is secondary and will be solved automatically.
                    You know the election motto in USa is prioritization of education for every congressman and senator and even Mr.Bush agenda.
                    How many times our leaders visit schools and colleges. they visit for result ceremonials only just for paper pictorials.

Comment

Interesting replies.

I think some people have misunderstood the question. To revive or revival is an awakening. It is a driving force that mobilises entire nations in one direction. It is what made communist russia or capitalist america and europe or the Islamic state of the past.

Revival is the intellectual elevation. It is the thought which revives nations. Russia was a result of communism. America and europe a result of capitalism. The Khilafah a result of Islam.

So for Pakistan to revive it needs to embrace an ideology.

Yasir, Ali_R, Shada, PakistaniAbroad, mm10

I have to disagree because a good economy and education is a sign of revival but not the cause.

This is because countries like malaysia, kuwait, even indonesia in the past had a good economy but they were not revived.

Pre Islam arabia was largely illiterate but after Islam came the technological advances and dominance in the region. Education was a result not a cause.

What caused the industrial revolution? This led to a good economy but good economy didn't lead to a revived Europe.

H.Roshan,

Nationalism? I said revival not stagnation. As long as there is a perceived threat the people will be feel a bond. After there is no threat there will be division.

Morality? Many would say madina is unmatched for morality but is it elevated? no.

Rbee,

Justice? this is very vague.
                      This is neither an idea or an action. Also it's a relative term.

--------------------------------

Also some countries Afghanistan under taliban, Kemal ataturk in turkey and Nasser in egypt all tried to revive the nation using laws and canons but we can see that it did not revive them.

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                        Two words.. TECHNICAL EDUCATION.

For additional sawaab shove the Mullahs into Afghanistan and seal the border.
                        Education is better than being technicians

You dont build nation with engineers only roads & bridges that too after you have money /

Comment

Originally posted by Rbee:
                          Only one thing, Justice.
                          Justice, in all its aspects without any distinction between the rich and the poor, the high and the low and the haves and the have-nots!
                          rbee,
                          Justice in undesciplined mob is not possible so discipline is part of justice process

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mm10:
                            C'mon ppl how come you have forgotten our Quaid's lesson,
                            Faith, Discipline and unity.
                            The only thing is implementation of these parameters in thier spirits with full sincereity and honesty.
                            I think education and education is the only solution.
                            mmm10
                            Faith & Unity is part of Moral-religion nexus

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Saif1924:
                              Education doesnt have to be in HARVARD .ONLY

Madrassah habve always provided 3r reading writing & rithmetics before the british lured us wealthy muslim to convent gceolevel &A level school onward to fill its universities from U.K to America

Education can be indegenous & good .I believe

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X