Whose side is (was) Pakistan on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose side is (was) Pakistan on?

Pakistan was Taleban's main benefactor before 9/11. A few US $$ later and now they working with US to destroy them.

Is the US the only country whose foreign policy is selfishly based on how their own interests are best served? Easy answer: NO, every country's foreign policy is based on that premise. Why all the whining about the US doing the same thing as Pakistan?
    http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/afgh...htm#P350_92934

Unlike Pakistan, the US doesn't have an economic and military superpower holding a gun to their head.
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Pakistan supported the Taliban because it was in our best interest - we wanted to have a relatively peaceful border with Afghanistan.

After September 11th, things changed.And Pakistan has done the right thing.

The interests of Pakistan come first.Everything else is secondary.The government has realized that they would have been isolated if they did not support the US operation so they chose the wise path.

Anyone else would have done the same.Any country that does not put its interests first is just plain stupid.

Thats the way it goes.

Comment

Grits

Actually every country's foriegn policy is based on its own interest. Us being the economic and military juggernaut that it is has a larger impact as well as higher visibility.

Heck even OBLs policy is based on his own interest, the fact that he is dragging grievances of others in the mix now is more of a publicity stunt and an attempt to gain support.

Reminds me of Benjamin Disraelis famous words
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yasir,

“The interests of Pakistan come first. Everything else is secondary. The government has realized that they would have been isolated if they did not support the US operation so they chose the wise path.”

What interests? Even handing over key nuclear scientists was also in the interest of the government. Wait, packing of nuclear arsenal will also be in the interest of the country. Why don’t you accept that Musharraf and co loosens their paints and sold the whole country in peanuts!

FARID

Comment

Tsk Tsk Tsk Farid - why are you buying into this propoganda B.S ?

No one is selling the nuclear program of Pakistan.The guys you`re talking about were not even nuclear scientists - they were just consultants and they have already been released.

The army is in command of the nuclear arsenal - it has been since the 70's and you can be rest assured it isent going anywhere.

Give the President a chance. He's done what any leader would and should be doing - ie - looking after the long term interests of his country and his people.

------------------
            Salams,

Yasir.

Comment

Actually they were nuclear scientist but they have not been handed over to anyone.

Comment

When Musharraf virtually put the economy on lease to the IMF we can see that Pakistan has never been on the side of Pakistan. The IMF has no interests to ever get Pakistan out of debt because it is a business interested in making money and Musharraf is helping them to suck Pakistan dry. He is not the only one, the rulers in other Muslim lands are doing the same thing.

It is in the best interest of the Muslims in Pakistan to default on the loans, confiscate unused land, invest on behalf of the hoarder of money i.e. rule by Islam.

[This message has been edited by scarface (edited November 07, 2001).]

Comment

Its ignorance such as this that makes me wonder where in t/ world were these goons 5-10 yrs back?? Spaceland??

Pakistan had no choice but to accept t/ Taliban Govt. since it was t/ Taliban, yes, Taliban that controlled 95% of Afghanistan! Pakistan wanted a peaceful (which shares almost 1600 miles long border w/ this particular neighbour). And obviously if that very regime threatens t/ existnce of Pakistan Pakistan will not and should not support them.

Comment

So FunkyDesi what you are saying is that the blood of the Muslims who were shaheed because they thought that 'Pakistan ka matlab kya la ilaha ilallah' is cheap?

The Prophet(saw) said words to the effect of one drop of Muslim blood is worth more than the kabah and all its surroundings.

So to us Muslims their blood is not cheap and we have not forgotten their sacrifice and we will honour their struggle and we will work with all our energy to establish the Islamic state for which they gave their lives for. InshAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by scarface:
                      When Musharraf virtually put the economy on lease to the IMF
                      Yeah right sure he did that in his 15 month rule. The loans were taken by his govt. not in the last 54 years. My my my ppl and their stories.

Comment

Abdali,

I don't understand your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                          Yeah right sure he did that in his 15 month rule. The loans were taken by his govt. not in the last 54 years. My my my ppl and their stories.

The loans were taken out in the last 54 years not during Mushrrafs regime...

Comment

Originally posted by Grits:
                            Pakistan was Taleban's main benefactor before 9/11. A few US $$ later and now they working with US to destroy them.

Is the US the only country whose foreign policy is selfishly based on how their own interests are best served? Easy answer: NO, every country's foreign policy is based on that premise. Why all the whining about the US doing the same thing as Pakistan?
                            http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/afgh...htm#P350_92934
                            Well I think you forget one thing: U.S asked help not Pakistan. Black mailing and Pressurizing other States is called U.S foreign policy.

------------------
                            • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
                            Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Abdali,

Virtually putting the economy on lease to the IMF means that he is applying so many policies of the IMF that it could be said that the IMF are running the economy. Which Musharraf has done.

Comment

Working...
                              X