If democracy was to return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If democracy was to return

Given we have only two political parties with chances of winning. And only two low life’s NS & BB to become our leaders again. On the other hand we have Mushrraf so would you still prefer democracy?

I will vote for dictatorship until the scum is removed there is some accountability and checks and balances all politicians are executed Roman style people understand democracy is not just voting but a lot more.

Let me also add do you guppies think BB or NS have changed and must be given another chance?

[This message has been edited by Abdali (edited November 18, 2001).]

Isn't NS & BB both banned by General Sahib?

I think NS lost all his credibility by fleeing ... & BB is struggling to make a point.

If democracy is the road we are to take, we have to start from somewhere. Otherwise, just change the constitution!
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
      Isn't NS & BB both banned by General Sahib?

I think NS lost all his credibility by fleeing ... & BB is struggling to make a point.

If democracy is the road we are to take, we have to start from somewhere. Otherwise, just change the constitution!

But the only candidates are PPP and PML with the same leaders so democracy means either BB or NS.

Comment

Abdali,

Sharif was never in the game for the long run to begin with.He came,he stole some elctions,he stole a lot of money,and then he left.So the answer to your question is - No - he does NOT deserve another chance.But regardless of that, he will never return.Sharif Pakistan mein business karney key liyeh aaya thaa.Now he's done.And he's not coming back(thank god for that).

Rahee baat Benazir kee - I think she will return, no question about it. If she makes a deal with Musharaff that would see him stay as President as long as she is allowed to return and contest the elections - then we may even see her returning within the next month or two.

On the other hand if she cant make a deal, then she will return around 3 months prior to the election, and will allow herself to be arrested - which would give her party a landslide, instead of just a clear victory.

PPP will sweep next years elections - the question as to whether they have a clear win or a total landslide depends on the two scenarios I just pointed out.

I think Benazir has changed - you can say some of that has come from "inside information" - (my family is close to her) - and I think she deserves one last chance.

She has screwed up in the past but this time I think she's been shaken up pretty bad - and is desperate to make sure she does something good and constructive and is not just known for being ZA Bhutto's corrupt daughter.

Comment

Yasir,

What about Mr. 10 percent he is the same. Will BB divorce him?

Comment

Well, thats the million dollar question isent it

To be honest with you, I dont think think he has changed and she will not divorce him - but on the brighter side - she has finally come to realize that he needs to stay in the background.

And that itself was not easy - she refused to listen to anyone who said anything about him in 1996.Today it is a different story.She listens,and agrees she has to do it differently and keep him in the background, and not accosiate him with the govt.

She seems sincere - she's a charmer - so who knows if she's playing everyone for suckers?

But my gut feeling is that she understands mr.10% was responsible for what happened.

Comment

If BBB or NS come back i will become a US citizen, and rather get beat up there then call myself a pakistani.

------------------
              Ours is not to reason why;
              Ours is but to do and die
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
                If BBB or NS come back i will become a US citizen, and rather get beat up there then call myself a pakistani.

So thats the 4th option. The first three are:

1)BB
                2)NS
                3)Mushrraf

[This message has been edited by Abdali (edited November 18, 2001).]

Comment

I propose the Pak government get a monkey out of the zoo, shave it dress it and put it up for election...hey it worked for the Americans

I'll vote for Bandar Sahib other than BB or NS anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Thap:
                    I propose the Pak government get a monkey out of the zoo, shave it dress it and put it up for election...hey it worked for the Americans

I'll vote for Bandar Sahib other than BB or NS anyday.
                    Even monkeys in Pak are crafty may indulge in monkey business

Comment

Hey as long as he makes me laugh while running the country I'll keep throwing him bananas...

Comment

Originally posted by Thap:
                        Hey as long as he makes me laugh while running the country I'll keep throwing him bananas...
                        In that case you should vote for "Rambo - rambo - John Rambo" !

Comment

How about Mullah Omar after he returns from Afghanistan? He can't be all that bad.

Comment

Taj, Mullah Omar may be an option, but I wonder if the more liberal Pakistani population will "see eye to eye" with his strict interpretation of the religion.

But he is an option, we all know how equitable he is..seeing everyone with one eye.

Disallusioned with democracy in Pakistan, a leader like him would be a sight for sore EYE.

He'll also keep one eye on the Kashmir situation.

With 'ameerulmomineen' at the helm of affairs
                            "An eye for an eye" in the Islami Sharia will take a whole different meaning..

I could go on..

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited November 18, 2001).]
                            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Working...
                            X