The avg Pakistani's views and US bashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The avg Pakistani's views and US bashing

From the amount of US bashing going on on the fora, it's tough to believe that less than 15% of Pakistanis oppose Pakistan's stance on the Afghanistan issue. Do the majority of Pakistanis still endorse Musharraf's stance on the war?

Why is it that we dont see any of the protesters here bashing the Pak govt? After all, that's the place where Pakistani's voice could make a difference in what's happening in Afghanistan - screaming at the US is hardly going to be of any consequence. What is the idea?
    Simple ain't easy.

queer

Us "policy" bashing is going on in some sections of the forums. so if you look at how many others have plainly showed a lack of interest in this it may give you an idea that the silent majority is speaking with silence. They are not being bashers or cheerleaders.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

what happened to demonstrations all fizzled
      out life back to normal. so there is silent
      majority

Comment

i swear i saw a post by infoman saying the silent majority has no net access. looks like it's gone.

fraudia,

The majority of pakistani participants who care to take part in political discussions have been bashing the US "policy". We are well aware that majority of guppies dont take part in political arguments, and hence, their views are not known, rather than whatever-you-want-it-to-be.

What about the second question? How come those who so emphatically denounce the US policy in Afghanistan on the forums dont display even show an iota of criticism out here towards Pakistan's policy of aiding the US in it's war policy?
        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Queer, I think you have brought up an excellent point. Silent majority , Pakistan, can't possibly support the atrocities committed by the US under its campaing of terror. First of all, majority of them have access to information from the first hand accounts who have left the country, or injured civilians being brought to Pakistan, and Pakistani journalists who were allowed to travel into Afghanistan. Plus, an average person living in Pakistan is more politically mature to understand the realms of the situation from past actions of the US against the Muslims. Perhaps, they are less influenced by the false propagations of Western media

[This message has been edited by Abdullah k (edited November 15, 2001).]

Comment

Abdullah,

so I take it that, in your opinion, majority of Pakistanis oppose the Pakistani government's present stance on the war?
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

I agree with the govt.
              But that was a given no?

------------------
              Ours is not to reason why;
              Ours is but to do and die
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

queer go read the forums again and see that there is a group of ppl which is against Pak govt's stance too.

I guess they decided to post it in world affairs section than in Pak affairs.

as far as most ppl not visiting politics, true, because it has pakistan bashers, extreme views and pissing contests in general, kinda like actual political arena. People choose to stay away..just like they choose to stay away from crap in real life.

*yawn* anyways
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I think majority of people do understand that Pakistan is virtually being held hostage in this campaign by the US and the implications if Pakistan had refused to cooperate. Most of the people also sympathize with Afghans for their sufferings and favor eventual defeat of the US in this war..

Comment

abdullah I disagree.

Comment

fraudia,

i am sorry, but i cant find any active discussions that could pass as criticism on the Pak policy.

Abdullah,

your post makes a lot of sense. it all fits in now.
                      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Would Pres. Bush, OBL, Pres. Musharraf, religious and political leaders and Abdullah K. stop telling the world what the majority, and specially the 'silent majority', really wants? The 'majority' can speak for themselves if they so wish.

Comment

This 10% 15% against bombings being put about is ridiculous amount i don't belive it for 1 minute. I have been in contact with people in pakistan every few days in most major cities including lahore, islamabad, karachi, peshawar and also smaller towns the type of people i speak to are the so called educated and also the average man on street and this amount is clear propoganda i would say the real amount is near 80% against the bombings 90% against american full stop. The 10% 15% is most likely the amount of people supporting musharaff. As an example i was watching this BBC programme Panorama few weeks ago on cable debate between intellectualls in pakistan VS americans views on WTC, afghanistan etc and these the so called moderate secular of pakistn and what was they saying they was attacking american colonialism policy left right and centre. So this 10% 15% is not even realistic among the elite of pakistan.

Comment

From Adullah K:
                            "Most of the people (Pakis) ... favor eventual defeat of the US in this war.."

If this is true, then they are truly fools to set themselves up for disappointment this way. It wouldn't surprise me a bit though considering what I and other avg americans visiting these boards in the past few weeks have seen.

Don't worry though, it's almost over. So much for the super soldier Mujhadeen, Saddam Hussein's forces even lasted longer than them.

-Stu

Comment

LOL forget pakistan. Lets talk about the entire muslims World...some 1billion muslims. I guess the until all 1 billion muslims protested on palestine or kashmir I heartedly beleive that our silent majority approves of whats going on in kashmir and palestine LOL....
                              Yeah beleive a puppet dictator...

Comment

Working...
                              X