Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elliminate Mullah Omar: Advises Musharraf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elliminate Mullah Omar: Advises Musharraf.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/attack/...arraf.htm#more

excerp

________
    Finally, Musharraf boils down his military theory to this: The United States he says, must eliminate "the center of gravity" in Afghanistan, Mullah Mohammed Omar, the Taliban's leader, before it will find bin Laden. "In Iraq, the center of gravity was Saddam (Hussein). You didn't take him out and look what happened."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/attack/2001/10/15/lede.htm

i wonder how pakistanis like malik support mullah omar as well as musharraf at same time.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited October 15, 2001).]

I don't think Malik ever supported Mullah Omer.
    Neither did I, but if these a$$es have started a terror strikes against Afghanistan then they should end up in mass destruction. I wish to see Vietnam II.

------------------
    • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Originally posted by Ali_R:
      I don't think Malik ever supported Mullah Omer.
      Neither did I, but if these a$$es have started a terror strikes against Afghanistan then they should end up in mass destruction. I wish to see Vietnam II.

Poor ZZ. Hoffnungslos für meine Aufmerksamkeit.

The only leader I support is President and Chief Executive of Pakistan, General Pervez Musharraf. He has taken decisions which are in the overall supreme interests of Pakistan and our regional interests i.e. Kashmir. Further I support the 27 Afghan Muslims in their defiance of the United States, and I am confident that they will overcome and defeat any agression and attempt to subjugate them.

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited October 15, 2001).]

Comment

malik, u could use italian in stead. even chinese (of great china, u know) will do.

there r unpteen posts by u telling how taliban will emerge victorious and how americans will suffer casualties and condemning the attack on afghanistan and here is ur favourite mushy advocating ellimination of mullah omar and saying that they should have taken out saddam as well in last campaign.

difficult not to see contradiction.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:

malik, u could use italian in stead. even chinese (of great china, u know) will do.
          Actually I will be learning Chinese soon. After all Great China is destined to be the No.1 power in the world soon.

there r unpteen posts by u telling how taliban will emerge victorious and how americans will suffer casualties and condemning the attack on afghanistan
          Read the context in each of those threads and you will see that my posts are perfectly consistent with what I have been saying all along.

and here is ur favourite mushy advocating ellimination of mullah omar and saying that they should have taken out saddam as well in last campaign.
          We'll see what he actually said when the Pakistani goverment confirm or deny this. And then we can judge it.

But I have got to ask why does it rankle in you so much that I or anyone else supports our President Musharraf? Your posts are full of such biterness for him which is your problem. Can't help but be amused by it though.

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited October 15, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:

there r unpteen posts by u telling how taliban will emerge victorious and how americans will suffer casualties and condemning the attack on afghanistan and here is ur favourite mushy advocating ellimination of mullah omar and saying that they should have taken out saddam as well in last campaign.

Malik -- German

ZZ, i think you mixed it up totally.
            The people here are almost willing to see an end to Talibans regime, but at the same time want U.S to be condemned for these attacks. They are unjustified and cause civilian casualties rather then creating problems for Taliban and Co.
            The next problem is that there is no accurate proof to nail OBL. So how can some one be condemned if he is not guilty??
            We are against U.S policy and I think we made this 100 times clear, not in favour of Taliban.
            I can't see my brothers (Afghans) getting murdered, killed and extinguished by a nation, which talks 24 h of freedom, peace and justice. Non of the following does apply on Afghanistan-Strike.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ali_R (edited October 15, 2001).]

Comment

From The Dawn President Musharraf has not given any interviews except to CNN and BBC

ISLAMABAD, Oct 15: A spokesman for President Musharraf has expressed "shock and utter disbelief" at remarks attributed to the President in reported interview. "No such interview was requested by the concerned news establishments nor was one granted," the spokesman said. Following the events of September 11, 2001, the President has been interviewed only by two major international TV networks, CNN and BBC, and has held a press conference. "He has not granted any other interview since then," the spokesman said. (APP) (Updated @ 17:50 PST)

This supposed interview states that Musharraf invited a USA Today and a CBS Radio reporter to his house for an evening together. Apparently the reporter met Musharrafs entire clan in their modest military home. From what I remember, Musharraf moved into the Presidents house after he assumed presidency. More importantly, for some reason, even after a whole evening with the presidents family, the reporters didnt get any photos.

According to them, Musharraf said. The people love me. I'm a popular leader wherever I go," he said. "Those who are protesting against me are idiots. They don't know anything." I dont think a head of state would ever make such a statement.

And CBS Radio has not mentioned this interview anywhere on their site, or on their station. If anything, they have only quoted USA today on it.

Propaganda u think?

Comment

I had a bad feeling on this........Hmmmmm...
                ....Would be a huge set-back for CNN and BBC if this is proved as propaganda??
                No! Not amazing at all.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                  From The Dawn President Musharraf has not given any interviews except to CNN and BBC
                  I wonder what ZZ has to say?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
                    here is ur favourite mushy advocating ellimination of mullah omar and saying that they should have taken out saddam as well in last campaign.

and how about that lisping Vajee of yours??

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                      I wonder what ZZ has to say?
                      hes in a deep slumber....as his name suggests.zzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

I guess Kimberley Dozier was too busy eating to record anything!

She took notes, but did not record the interview.
                        Yeah RIGHT!

Refrence: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1600530.stm
                        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

ZZ. but he didn’t mention what method to be used to eliminate him, also he wasn’t really very specific about what part of Omar’s body (butt or fact) be shot. So it is really does not prove that Musharraf wants what it may sound like that he does.

Comment

Not so fast.

The President's spokesman has Denied ever giving that interview by the way.

Thats not to say that people dont want to see the end of Omar - but the President never said anything like that.

Call it "fancy journalism".

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood:

Call it "fancy journalism".

Or Propaganda.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X