Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Musharraf in trouble? Is it too early to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Musharraf in trouble? Is it too early to say?

I heard reports of effigies of Musharraf being burnt.

This agent who was installed by America has his days numbered. It is not just the Muslims in Pakistan who are speaking out against him it is the Ummah who is speaking out against him e.g. In Iran the Pakistani consulate has been attacked.

What we must be careful of is that America might install another agent to replace Musharraf and the Ummah might think the problem is solved again. Like Nasser who was all mouth the new leader will have to do the same thing to regain support of the Muslims.

What we must remember is that Pakistan has always changed leaders but the real problem lies with the system.

Originally posted by scarface:
    I heard reports of effigies of Musharraf being burnt.

This agent who was installed by America has his days numbered. It is not just the Muslims in Pakistan who are speaking out against him it is the Ummah who is speaking out against him e.g. In Iran the Pakistani consulate has been attacked.

What we must be careful of is that America might install another agent to replace Musharraf and the Ummah might think the problem is solved again. Like Nasser who was all mouth the new leader will have to do the same thing to regain support of the Muslims.

What we must remember is that Pakistan has always changed leaders but the real problem lies with the system.
    see u can not say musharaffs position should change since he tries his best level to calm down the aggitators.what he has to do is to calm down these people and stabilize pakistan.i do not think musharaff could have opted for another stand when he was facing pressuring from western countries ,especially from u.s and britain.

and u can not simply judge him by noting the demonstarations of protest and remonstarations by these people.these will be there but what he has to do urgently and ultimately is bring in staboilization...

Comment

The people burning effigies of Musharraf are

a) almost exclusively Afghanistani refugees, representing one extremely vocal but also extremely small segment of society

b) almost exclusively supporters of Jamaat-i-Ulema-i-Islam, a party that has never succeeded in gaining much support except amongst Afghanistanis and some Pathans, in the North-West Frontier Province and in Afghanistani / Pathan dominated areas of Karachi.

In fact, with each protest, there appear to be fewer and fewer people takling action in the streets, although they have been becoming more violent.
      Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
      Al-Ghazali

Comment

It is not just the Muslims in Pakistan who are speaking out against him it is the Ummah who is speaking out against him e.g. In Iran the Pakistani consulate has been attacked.
        They are definitely not Muslims. Burning flags, effigies and and run riot is not part of Islam. So before claiming that Muslims are opposing him you should be enlighten with these facts.

On the other hand we have Germans, Austrians, British civilians who are protesting, but in a proper way. I consider this more Islamic than our "own" behaviour.

------------------
        • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
        Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

If a minority can say what the silent majority thinks then wouldn't all germans be deemed Nazis? And thus wouldn't all Pathans be called supporters the Taliban?

------------------
          IB therefore I AM

Comment

I hope this statement serves as confirmation of highly probably guilt ?:taken from http://www.dawn.com

Powell and other members of the US administration know that when Al-Qaeda promises, it delivers, and the information is what we see not what we hear.

The storm of airplanes will not be calmed, if it is God's will. The storm will not calm, especially as long as you, the United States and Britain, do not end your support for the Jews in Palestine, lift your embargo from around the Iraqi people, and have left the Arabian peninsula, and stop your support of the Hindus against the Muslims in Kashmir.

We tell and recommend Muslims in the United States and Britain, and those who reject the American policies, not to take airplanes and not to live in towers and high buildings. May the peace of God, his forgiveness and his blessing be on you. (AFP)
            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Obviously the President is watching whats going on but he has a firm handle on the situation and he can deal with it easily enough,especially since the trouble makers are few and when push comes to shove - a bunch of gutless cowards.

By the way scarface,you still havent joined the "jihad in afghanistan".Whats the matter?All talk yet no balls?

Comment

mAd_ScIeNtIsT

"almost exclusively supporters of Jamaat-i-Ulema-i-Islam, a party that has never succeeded in gaining much support except amongst Afghanistanis and some Pathans, in the North-West Frontier Province and in Afghanistani / Pathan dominated areas of Karachi"

You are absolutely WRONG buddy. The originator of JUI(previously Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Hind), Mufti Mahmood was the first Chief Minister of NWFP after the first elections of 1970 winning most of the seats in NWFP. His popularity was enormous and the charisma of his personality carried over by his son still most popular in NWFP and Baluchistan. In Sindh, if any political party which is popular after PPP is Fazul-ru-Rehman’s JUI.

FARID

Comment

>>In Sindh, if any political party which is popular after PPP is Fazul-ru-Rehman’s JUI.

So you're saying that the sacred land of Latif and peaceful tolerant Sufis supports a Wahabi fundo party????? But how could that be possible? All this time I thought Sindhis were the most liberal and tolerant people in Pakistan??? At least thats what all the Sindhi nationalists say to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                    mAd_ScIeNtIsT

"almost exclusively supporters of Jamaat-i-Ulema-i-Islam, a party that has never succeeded in gaining much support except amongst Afghanistanis and some Pathans, in the North-West Frontier Province and in Afghanistani / Pathan dominated areas of Karachi"

You are absolutely WRONG buddy. The originator of JUI(previously Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Hind), Mufti Mahmood was the first Chief Minister of NWFP after the first elections of 1970 winning most of the seats in NWFP. His popularity was enormous and the charisma of his personality carried over by his son still most popular in NWFP and Baluchistan. In Sindh, if any political party which is popular after PPP is Fazul-ru-Rehman’s JUI.
                    Like I said, the JUI only has broad appeal in the NWFP and little elsewhere.

And you are wrong buddy. Check the local body election results. After candidates who were PPP members, the Jamaat-i-Islam, not the Jamaat-i-Ulema-i-Islam, won the most positions.

Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                    Al-Ghazali

Comment

And that too because MQM boycotted the elections.

Comment

mr. great,

He had many options here's one:

1. It is always pakistan's interior minister who is sent to Afghanistan not the foreign minister. Pakistan already sees Afghanistan as a fifth province. He could have annexed Afghanistan to Pakistan and put taleban under his control. Then he would ask to see the proof and tried bin ladin for the crime and yes he does hold the power to do that.

Mad_Scientist and Ali_R,

Ali_R performing a useless action would not take anyone out of Islam so be careful of saying something like that.

We have to first seek for the solution from Islam so is protests a solution from Islam? Of course not. It's a waste of time and energy which could be used by behaving like educated Muslims to convince the people of authority to do something about this situation. No one is going to listen to animals who do not care for anyone else's property.

IB,

Most people who support the Taleban think that the Taleban have implemented Islam completely. In reality it's just another emirate and most of these Muslims who no doubt are sincere wouldn't be able to give the criteria that makes up the Islamic state.

I didn't think the people were on the streets for the Taleban I thought it was the fact that Afghanistan and it's many poor were being attacked without any proof.

Zakk,

Bin ladin is only providing fuel for anti-Islamic propaganda. He's making it easier for Muslims to be attacked whether its on the streets of london or in Afghanistan.

Hollywood,

Middle eastern leaders allow effigies of bush etc to be burnt and never their own. Musharraf does not have the support even in the army.

The greatest fardh is the work to reestablish the khilafah.

Comment

Ali_R performing a useless action would not take anyone out of Islam so be careful of saying something like that.

We have to first seek for the solution from Islam so is protests a solution from Islam? Of course not. It's a waste of time and energy which could be used by behaving like educated Muslims to convince the people of authority to do something about this situation. No one is going to listen to animals who do not care for anyone else's property.

I emphasized on your definition of Muslim. Don't take it literally my friend. If Musharraf is wrong and these protestors are wrong then who is right?!
                          And if OBL is wrong then who is left? (Besides the Afghan people)
                          ------------------
                          • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”

[This message has been edited by Ali_R (edited October 14, 2001).]
                          Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Ali_R, Only HT is right of course!

===
                            It is always pakistan's interior minister who is sent to Afghanistan not the foreign minister. Pakistan already sees Afghanistan as a fifth province. He could have annexed Afghanistan to Pakistan and put taleban under his control. Then he would ask to see the proof and tried bin ladin for the crime and yes he does hold the power to do that.
                            ===

Are you an idiot or are you an idiot? Don't talk about things you know nothing off. Taliban are under nobodies control. Yes, it is true ISI helped them in the begining, but the Taliban like the Afghans they are reasserted their control a logn time ago. ISI has almost zero influence left in Afghanistan today.

And their will be no annexation of Afghanistan from Pakistan...it maybe the other way around when all lands west of Indus join Afghanistan under Taliban control. That'll be fun.

Comment

Sindh has nothing to do with these extremist morons like the JUI.These people are coming into Sindh only to cause trouble.They have no political standing.All they have is a lot of money which they use to make the poor people,especially young students,part of their anti-Islamic,anti-Pakistan and for that matter anti-Sindh activities.By the way,the PPP is still the most popular party in Sindh followed by the PML and MQM.None of these extremists have any following in our province.

Finally,Scarface bhai-if Musharaff did not have the support of the army,he would not be here.The army is simply the most powerful force in Pakistan.They are a disciplined unit,who by the way, stood by their commander when he, along with innocent civilian passengers were being subjected to the worse form of terrorism by a bald headed loser who called himself the Prime Minister.They stood by him throughout that ordeal and they have stood by him all the way.Your attempts to hint towards a division in our army are the acts of a desperate individual.Just think about all you`re saying.No rational individual can support your opinions.Wake up.

Comment

Working...
                              X