American Arrogance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Arrogance

In their imperial arrogance the Americans fail to see why the rest of the world hates them. Imagine trying to win over the Afghans by throwing some food drops. There is a report that the Afghans are burning this food. 'Food for Blood' is not accepted. It is heartening to note that some of the Americans have realized the American Arrogance, but their voice is not heard.

Here is a report http://www.ihr.org/news/010917attacks.html

Learning from the September 11 Attacks

Mark Weber
    Director
    Institute for Historical Review
    September 17, 2001

With thousands of victims and riveting images of death and destruction, war has come home to America with terrible,
    devastating suddenness. Together with our fellow citizens, we mourn the many victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks
    on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon building. But beyond the feelings of grief and fury must come
    clarity and understanding.

President George W. Bush said on national television that "America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest
    beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world." The next day he said that "freedom and democracy are under attack,"
    and that the perpetrators had struck against "all freedom-loving people everywhere in the world."

But if "democracy" and "freedom-loving people" are the targets, why isn't anyone attacking Switzerland, Japan or Norway?
    Bush's claims are just as untrue as President Wilson's World War I declaration that the United States was fighting to "make
    the world safe for democracy," and President Roosevelt's World War II assurances that the US was fighting for "freedom"
    and "democracy."

In the wake of the September 11 attacks, speculation has been rife about who the perpetrators may have been. That itself is
    an acknowledgment that so many people hate this country so intensely that one cannot easily determine just who may have
    mounted these well-organized attacks of suicidal desperation.

These shocking attacks were predictable. In 1993 Islamic radicals set off a bomb at the World Trade Center that claimed six
    lives. In August 1998 the United States carried out missile attacks against Afghanistan and Sudan, strikes that senior Clinton
    administration officials said signaled the start of "a real war against terrorism." In the wake of those attacks, a high-ranking
    US intelligence official warned that "the prospect of retaliation against Americans is very, very high'." (The Washington
    Post, Aug. 21, 1998, p. A1)

Our political leaders and the American mass media promote the preposterous fiction that the September 11 attacks are
    entirely unprovoked and unrelated to United States actions. They want everyone to believe that the underlying hatred of
    America by so many around the world, especially in Arab and Muslim countries, that motivated the perpetrators of the
    September 11 attacks is unrelated to this country's policies. It is clear, however, that those who carried out these devastating
    suicide attacks against centers of American financial and military might were enraged by this country's decades-long
    support for Israel and its policies of aggression, murderous repression, and brutal occupation against Arabs and Muslims,
    and/or American air strikes and economic warfare against Afghanistan, Sudan, Iraq and Iran.

America is the only country that claims the right to deploy troops and war planes in any corner of the globe in pursuit of
    what our political leaders call "vital national interests." George Washington and our country's other founders earnestly
    warned against such imperial arrogance, while far-sighted Americans such as Harry Elmer Barnes, Garet Garrett and Pat
    Buchanan voiced similar concerns in the 20th century.

People are slowly opening their eyes....slowly but inshallah surely.

Comment

I agree that we should not be dropping food and bombs, but why doesn't the talaban let them eat the food i guess they think they don't need it.Second if you think the usa was not fighting for freedom in ww11 explain the millions of people adolph murdered and do you think he would not have done the same to the middle east if the USA didn't get involved and stopped his murderious armies in africa and europe.

Comment

Originally posted by just2much:
        I agree that we should not be dropping food and bombs, but why doesn't the talaban let them eat the food i guess they think they don't need it.Second if you think the usa was not fighting for freedom in ww11 explain the millions of people adolph murdered and do you think he would not have done the same to the middle east if the USA didn't get involved and stopped his murderious armies in africa and europe.
        The food is being dropped for the civilian population out of reach of the Taliban, so to say that Taliban are not allowing them to eat is being very naive. Obviously you have no idea of the Afghan pride. Why Adolph waged a war and why America jumped in is a very long story. Here is a link which may answer some of your doubts: http://www.geocities.com/americanter...Terrorism.html

Speaking of Adolph, he propogated the concept of the 'Master Race' while the Americans behave as the 'Master Race'.

Comment

There needs to be a new world order; the order of Allah (swt) the islamic khilafat which will unify the Muslims under one super state.

Comment

Originally posted by AbdulHameed Khan:
            The food is being dropped for the civilian population out of reach of the Taliban, so to say that Taliban are not allowing them to eat is being very naive. Obviously you have no idea of the Afghan pride. Why Adolph waged a war and why America jumped in is a very long story. Here is a link which may answer some of your doubts: http://www.geocities.com/americanter...Terrorism.html

Speaking of Adolph, he propogated the concept of the 'Master Race' while the Americans behave as the 'Master Race'.

Thank you Abdul for that link very interesting and very sad.All i can say is if i could of did something to stop alot of it i would have.But lets face it all countries at one time or another has commited hanous crimes,don't get me wrong im not trying to justify it.We are all guilty thru out the world for letting hate spread unchecked.I came here to this site to learn your point of view of the matters at hand i will sometimes ask questions people won't like but you can't learn without them feel free to ask me questions about America and its people i will answer them the best that i can.Hopefully this crisis will change america and it will be what it says it is the land of the free, it was once.Its going to take alot of change on both sides

Comment

Thank you Abdul for that link very interesting and very sad.All i can say is if i could of did something to stop alot of it i would have.But lets face it all countries at one time or another has commited hanous crimes,don't get me wrong im not trying to justify it.We are all guilty thru out the world for letting hate spread unchecked.I came here to this site to learn your point of view of the matters at hand i will sometimes ask questions people won't like but you can't learn without them feel free to ask me questions about America and its people i will answer them the best that i can.Hopefully this crisis will change america and it will be what it says it is the land of the free, it was once.Its going to take alot of change on both sides
              I just heard an interview of an American, who said that the American people don't know what is happening around the world. I agree with him totally. The American people are being taken for a ride by those in power. Here are some excerpts from some Americans themselves:

1. "If they turn on the radars we're going to blow up their goddamn SAMs (surface-to-air missiles).They know we own their country. We own their airspace... We dictate the way they live and talk. And that's what's great about America right now. It's a good thing, especially when there's a lot of oil out there we need."
              U.S. Brig. General William Looney :Washington Post, August 30, 1999 ---referring, in reality, to the brutal mass-murder of hundreds of civilian Iraqi men, women and children during 10,000 sorties by American/British war criminals in the first eight months of 1999

2. "The greatest crime since World War II has been U.S. foreign policy."

Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General under President Lyndon Johnson "I believe that if we had and would keep our dirty, bloody, dollar soaked fingers out of the business of these [Third World] nations so full of depressed, exploited people, they will arrive at a solution of their own. And if unfortunately their revolution must be of the violent type because the "haves" refuse to share with the "have-nots" by any peaceful method, at least what they get will be their own, and not the American style, which they don't want and above all don't want crammed down their throats by Americans."

3. General David Sharp, former United States Marine Commandant 1966

"We have no honorable intentions in Vietnam. Our minimal expectation is to occupy it as an American colony and maintain social stability for our investments. This tells why American helicopters are being used against guerrillas in Colombia and Peru.
              Increasingly the role our nation has taken is the role of those who refuse to give up the privileges and pleasures that come from the immense profits of overseas investment."

4. "Death squads have been created and used by the CIA around the world particularly the Third World since the late 1940s, a fact ignored by the elite-owned media." Ralph McGehee former CIA analyst
              CIABASE; The Crisis of Democracy also author of Deadly Deceits: My 25 years in the CIA

5. "I will never apologize for the United States of America I don't care what the facts are." President George Bush -1988
              Bush was demonstrating his patriotism by excusing an act of cold-blooded mass-murder by the U.S. Navy. On July 3, 1988 the U.S. Navy warship Vincennes shot down an Iranian commercial airliner. All 290 civilian people in the aircraft were killed. The plane was on a routine flight in a commercial corridor in Iranian airspace. The targeting of it by the U.S. Navy was blatantly illegal. That it was grossly immoral is also obvious. Except to a patriot.

6. "It's really not a number I'm terribly interested in."
              General Colin Powell

When asked about the number of Iraqi people who were slaughtered by Americans in the 1991 "Desert Storm" terror campaign (200,000 people!)

7. "The U.S.A. has supplied arms, security equipment and training to governments and armed groups that have committed torture, political killings and other human rights abuses in countries around the world."
              Amnesty International "United States of America Rights for All" October 1998

8. "To maintain this position of disparity (U.S. economic-military supremacy)... we will have to dispense with all sentimentality and day-dreaming.... We should cease to talk about vague and... unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standard and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts.... The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."

George Kennan ,Director of Policy Planning ,U.S. State Department 1948

9. "We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the world no longer a Government of free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men."

Woodrow Wilson :U.S. President during Capitalist World War I

10. "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to the point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism ownership of government by an individual, by a group or any controlling private power." President Franklin D. Roosevelt

On the threat to democracy by corporate power

11. "We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few.
              We cannot have both." Louis Brandeis - Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939

Comment

American don't know anything because they don't want to know anything. They are happy being rich - as soon as the taxes go up or their standard of living falls, they soon make a noise. Killings being done abroad actually helps them to stay rich - so they are not going to complain about that.

Comment

Some more sites: http://www.natvan.com/who-rules-america/

"
                  There is no greater power in the world today than that wielded by the manipulators of public opinion
                  in America. No king or pope of old, no conquering general or high priest ever disposed of a power
                  even remotely approaching that of the few dozen men who control America's mass media of news
                  and entertainment. "

"...
                  As an example, consider the media treatment of Middle East news. Some editors or commentators
                  are slavishly pro-Israel in their every utterance, while others seem nearly neutral. No one, however,
                  dares suggest that the U.S. government is backing the wrong side in the Arab-Jewish conflict and
                  that it served Jewish interests rather than American interests to send U.S. forces to cripple Iraq,
                  Israel's principal rival in the Middle East. Thus, a spectrum of permissible opinion, from pro-Israel to
                  nearly neutral, is established. "

"....
                  To block Turner's bid, CBS executives invited billionaire Jewish theater, hotel, insurance, and
                  cigarette magnate Laurence Tisch to launch a "friendly" takeover of the company, and from 1986
                  until 1995 Tisch was the chairman and CEO of CBS, removing any threat of non-Jewish influence
                  there. Subsequent efforts by Turner to acquire a major network were obstructed by Levin's Time
                  Warner, which owns nearly 20 percent of CBS stock and has veto power over major deals. When
                  his fellow Jew Sumner Redstone offered to buy CBS for $34.8 billion in 1999, Levin had no
                  objection. "

Now they are after Al-Jazeera TV. They are trying to ban this by implicating falsely of running pre-recorded tapes of Osama bin Laden with 'hidden' coded messages. Imagine Osama sending coded messages two or three months in advance! Only the American nsive public can believe such preposterous allegations.

Comment

This sums up american sentiment now... written by american military man --

Dear Americans,

When I opened my e-mail this morning I had about twenty forwards of the article written by Gordon Sinclair, the Canadian who so eloquently praised the United States. What most of you do not realize is that this commentary was written many years ago. Those of us in the Military Service have known about it for a long time. Now, Americans are flooding the net with it as if it were new. It is not. When it was written most Americans didn't read it, because most Americans did not care. The tragedy that befell all of us on September 11th shocked America.
                    America no longer feels safe. Many of you have said, "The government should have known! 30 billion dollars is spent on intelligence! What about the military!?" Just a reminder, America--you voted our government into office. For years you allowed some dishonest politicians and twisted television media personalities to shape your ideas about the defense of our nation. Why? Because most Americans were too lazy to look beyond the three-minute sound-bites on the evening news. Here's a news flash not being broadcast much: "On September 11th, America got the exact level of protection, both militarily and intelligence, that it was willing to pay for."
                    Only yesterday the Congress and the Senate approved 40 BILLION dollars as a "down payment" to fight this war. A short time ago, our politicians said a 100 million dollar increase for the Navy budget was substantial. In that same bill they ordered the Navy to conduct an 85 million dollar study on...guess what? Missile Defense? No. Desperately needed parts for our fighter aircraft? Wrong again. Training for Navy Seals? Nah uh. They wanted...breast cancer research. Yes, America, your elected officials decided that the US Navy needed more mammograms and less missiles. Was this an under-the-table sneaky move? No, it was right out in the open. The Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Navy both opposed it. A New York Senatorial candidate (yes, She's the one) was enraged that the military would be so sexist and irresponsible to the needs of civilians, and wanted the Navy to give the money back immediately! But the media paid it little mind. So, America paid little attention. Did anyone ever watch CSPAN? Particularly when the heads of our Armed Services essentially begged OUR representatives to give the military more money to fight terrorism and maintain a strong defense? Did you see the debates by the heads of the Intelligence Services that terrorism was the new threat? They told the committees of Congress that the CIA, the FBI, and the Services did not have the money to build the necessary intelligence networks in the areas where terrorists were being harbored. They warned again and again that there was clear and present danger within America's borders. America must have been watching one of the other 114 satellite channels.

The military said: "We need more money to maintain military readiness and combat training." America answered: "What the military needs is sensitivity training! You're all sexist homophobes! I saw it on 60 Minutes!"
                    The Military said: "We need money to build ships, planes, tanks, and improve our technology. America still has credible threats throughout the world. Terrorism will come to America's doorstep." America answered: "You're all part of a vast right-wing conspiracy. There is no more Soviet threat! My Senator told me so! He/She says we do not need such a big military! You're dinosaurs trying to hold onto the Cold War! We need social programs!"
                    The Military said: "We need to recruit more Americans into the military. We need to increase our force." America Answered: "You're not taking my kids! We're going to shut down the ROTC programs at our high schools and universities, because you discriminate against alternative lifestyles! ROTC teaches CHILDREN (under 21) how to shoot guns! You just want another Columbine! Rosie and Oprah say so!"
                    The Military said: "We can't keep interfering in the civil wars of small insignificant countries. It wastes our time, expends our resources, decreases training, and demoralizes our troops. The men and women of the United States are warriors trying to defend OUR nation; we are not the third world's police force." America answered: "You heartless *******s! Can't you see the tear in the eye of that starving child? There are flies on her face, for Heaven's sakes! Get moving!! Jesse Jackson on CNN said that is what we pay you for!"
                    The Military asked: "Why isn't America enraged over the terrorist attack on the USS COLE that killed seventeen AMERICAN sailors? How about the Air Force barracks bombed in Saudi Arabia? The embassy staffs in Africa? The soldiers mutilated and dragged through the streets in Somalia?" America answered: "We don't have time right now! We're busy defending animal rights! Our schools are handing out automatic weapons! The federal government is discriminating against cross-dressing Bolivian hermaphrodites! The police are all members of the Ku Klux Klan! The lack of ozone is ruining my tan! If they cut deeper into food stamps those poor women will have to move down to size 18/20 Chanel dresses! AND THE WORST--corporations are raising the prices of their products sooo high I might not be able to afford the multi-disc DVD player for my 36 inch digital ready TV! Besides, YOU GUYS ARE PAID TO DIE!"

So, America, while you sit on your couch or around your office coffee pots and ask, "Why did those terrorists kill innocent civilians? Why didn't they go after the military?" Remember this America: They already had but America didn't care. These terrorists realized that they needed to kill American civilians, and lots of them, before they could have their desired reaction from the people of this country.

Well, now they have it.

Comment

Working...
                    X